Old 07-04-05, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Six Feet Under "Eat a Peach" 7/04/05

I didnt see a thread yet for this episode so i thought i would start one
Old 07-05-05, 08:22 AM
Political Exile

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I haven't seen this episode yet. I watch SFU on DVD. Many years ago "Eat A Peach" was the title of an Allman Brothers album. It was released after Dickie Betts the driving force behind the band die after riding his motorcycle into a truck hauling peaches.
Old 07-05-05, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by Pwman
I haven't seen this episode yet. I watch SFU on DVD. Many years ago "Eat A Peach" was the title of an Allman Brothers album. It was released after Dickie Betts the driving force behind the band die after riding his motorcycle into a truck hauling peaches.
Duane Allman, not Dickie Betts...

Brett
Old 07-05-05, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Wow...surprised there's no discussion on this one yet. Hope people didn't miss it due to the fireworks and such.

I wonder if Brenda knows about Billy and Claire? I keep expecting her to "straighten him out"...which feels odd ta say.

Nice ta see Brenda and Nate work things out nicely, but it may be a bit soon IMHO to be telling Mya all about mommy. Hmmmm
Old 07-05-05, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
The title may also (or instead) relate to a famous line from a poem by TS Eliot, The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock...
Old 07-05-05, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BassDude
Wow...surprised there's no discussion on this one yet. Hope people didn't miss it due to the fireworks and such.
I actually thought there wouldn't be a new one this week because of the holiday. That seems to be something HBO has done in the past.
Old 07-05-05, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by adamblast
The title may also (or instead) relate to a famous line from a poem by TS Eliot, The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock...
That was my first thought as well, but then I've never been a big Allman Brothers fan.

Nice ta see Brenda and Nate work things out nicely, but it may be a bit soon IMHO to be telling Mya all about mommy. Hmmmm
I agree. Even as they were explaining with all the pictures, Nate said something about Maya growing in her mommy's belly (meaning Lisa) just like a new brother or sister will grow in "mommy's" belly (referring to Brenda). Way to straighten the kid out.

Also, Mrs. Chenowith has always bugged me a little but now she's going too far. With her latest bit of emotional blackmail, she's practically sacrificing Claire's safety just so her precious Billy doesn't have to deal with the pain of another breakup. She needs to butt out and let him straighten himself out - or not. He's probably a lost cause. I just hope he doesn't end up taking Claire down with him.
Old 07-05-05, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I'm pretty confident in guessing that Billy's gonna end up killing *someone* before the end of the series, but who? Claire? Nate? Brenda?

It's pretty easy to imagine Ruth offing George at this point, too...

Anyone have any wild speculations how this will all turn out?

Last edited by adamblast; 07-05-05 at 12:17 PM.
Old 07-05-05, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't get Claire dumping him so fast and wanting nothing to do with him. It seemed like they were having a great time and then he went a little nutso...which was explained by not taking the meds. Even with that explanation, Claire still wants nothing to do with him. It just seemed rather abrupt. I can deffintely see Claire pull away but from what we were shown, it happened too fast.
Old 07-05-05, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Second Guest
I just hope he doesn't end up taking Claire down with him.
I disagree. I hope Claire does get offed, she's been a complete bitch this entire season. Same went for Ruth until the ending of last night's episode. She had been unrelentless in her criticism of George until the whole "let's get a new house and start over" thing.
Old 07-05-05, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by dvd182
I disagree. I hope Claire does get offed, she's been a complete bitch this entire season. Same went for Ruth until the ending of last night's episode. She had been unrelentless in her criticism of George until the whole "let's get a new house and start over" thing.
I'm trying to figure out if Ruth's truly looking for a fresh start, or just heeding the advice of her sewing-circle-from-hell. She seems to be setting George up like they suggested, with the museums and farmers' market being in walking distance and all. I hope she turns the corner back towards the kinder Ruth of old, although the feelings she's having are somewhat understandable.

It's been in the past few eps that James Cromwell's George has really become the most sympathetic character on the show. Similar to his front porch scene with Billy last week, he actually seemed to connect with Claire when he was in her room. As much as anyone can get to her these days anyway. Nice to see them showcasing his great acting ability.
Old 07-05-05, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
I believe she's planning on dumping him there.

BTW...Clair and Ruth's totall assholeness isnt coinciding by accident, just like thier choice in men, it shows how there the exact same person, and hate each other for it.
Old 07-05-05, 04:34 PM

True, Claire has been a completely self-absorbed bitch lately, but given that she at least had the sense to walk away from Billy after he went off his meds, I'd hate to see her get hurt or killed by him at this point.

As for Ruth suddenly being nice to George, I agree with what others here have said - I think she's going to go home and leave him alone in that nifty new apartment.

Whether any or all will meet with some horrible end, it's hard to guess. With this being the last season, I suppose anything (or anyone) goes. It should be interesting to see how it all wraps up.
Old 07-05-05, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Tommy Ceez

That was the vibe I got as well.
Old 07-05-05, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Second Guest
As for Ruth suddenly being nice to George, I agree with what others here have said - I think she's going to go home and leave him alone in that nifty new apartment.
Another vote for this one... She feels bad about not wanting to be with him any longer, but if he gets a nice place, moves his things in (table from Persia) and appears to be happy, she can leave, go back to the house, and maybe ease her guilt by not leaving him "out in the cold.".

Besides..who would live in the Funeral Home residence? Nate has moved out, David is out (is that surrogate gonna blow up or what?!) and that would leave Claire there with no income and no job.
Old 07-05-05, 06:27 PM

Besides..who would live in the Funeral Home residence? Nate has moved out, David is out (is that surrogate gonna blow up or what?!) and that would leave Claire there with no income and no job.
Well, Federico is still there, isn't he? Didn't he take Claire's old room? It looked like he might be moving back home soon, but after the Julio debacle I don't think that's going to happen.

It's a funny image though - Claire wandering through that big, empty house, wondering where everyone went. She's been so into her own little world lately, it would probably freak her out to look around one day and notice she was all alone.
Old 07-05-05, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
I Predict we end the series with at least 3 main character corpses

My guess

George - Neglect

Ruth - Georges Daughter

Brenda - Billy
Old 07-05-05, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think the give away on Ruth's plot was when he said "I think we'll love it here!"... and Ruth shoots back "I thought YOU would like the place." even kind of empasizing you.

Rico gets more delusional by the week.... "The principal said the divorce is effecting Julio!"

Oh yeah George.... "Your phone is ringing." - "I thought maybe you were too stoned to realize."
Old 07-06-05, 01:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Tommy Ceez
George's dead body, you mean?
Old 07-06-05, 06:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

In other words, Ruth's plan works on two fronts: maybe, just maybe, convince Claire to get a job and whatever her true plan with George is.
Old 07-06-05, 07:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by BDLOU
I don't get Claire dumping him so fast and wanting nothing to do with him. It seemed like they were having a great time and then he went a little nutso...which was explained by not taking the meds. Even with that explanation, Claire still wants nothing to do with him. It just seemed rather abrupt. I can deffintely see Claire pull away but from what we were shown, it happened too fast.
Um in case you don't remember plotlines from previous seasons, the last time Billy "went off his meds" he basically tried to kill Brenda and Nate. Claire just had her head in the clouds a little too much to realize how dangeously unstable Billy can become rather quickly. I think she sees that she failed to recognize the changes in his personality that were happening from being off the medication soon enough. Scary to think that she could have walked in to the apartment last week to find him just a little more edgy than he was and have him murder her in a jealous rage, no?

I have to laugh when I start to think that Brenda is the most stable person on the show right now.

David and Keith are in for a whole boatload of trouble with adopting TWO. An eleven year old boy with that kind of background is just going to be a brooding asshole.
Old 07-06-05, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Roto
George's dead body, you mean?
No, just get him settled and walk away.
Old 07-06-05, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by rfduncan
Um in case you don't remember plotlines from previous seasons, the last time Billy "went off his meds" he basically tried to kill Brenda and Nate. Claire just had her head in the clouds a little too much to realize how dangeously unstable Billy can become rather quickly. I think she sees that she failed to recognize the changes in his personality that were happening from being off the medication soon enough. Scary to think that she could have walked in to the apartment last week to find him just a little more edgy than he was and have him murder her in a jealous rage, no?

I have to laugh when I start to think that Brenda is the most stable person on the show right now.

David and Keith are in for a whole boatload of trouble with adopting TWO. An eleven year old boy with that kind of background is just going to be a brooding asshole.
I'm aware of his history. I just don't find it realistic that she would go from happy to completely wanting nothing to do with him. This is completely different from her mother in which someone said she was exactly like earlier. She has no compassion about what might happen to Billy and thats just not something I could see happening. It's like they are rushing the whole plot line. I would think she would atleast go to Brenda or their mom and explain that he's in bad place right now. I guess it's just showing how much Claire is pulling away from everyone. Meh.
Old 07-06-05, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

If you watched from the beginning of the season, you will notice that she really wasn't happy with Billy - and she only felt "better" with him after Ruth yelled at her or something happened to her involving Ruth (freezing her bank account).

Remember when she had that dream of Billy about to stab her in the opener? She absolutely knew she wasn't 100% with the whole Billy deal. Also notice her facial expressions while with Billy dining with his friends. False front.

She just finally got the nerve to leave.
Old 07-06-05, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I think Ruth definitely leaves George there.

Billy will probably kill himself as that is much more likely than him
mudering someone else.

Episode 8 is supposed to be a "shocking" one according to a cast member who was interviewed.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.