DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Six Feet Under - "Dancing For Me" - June 13, 2005 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/426624-six-feet-under-dancing-me-june-13-2005-a.html)

auto 06-13-05 11:51 AM

Six Feet Under - "Dancing For Me" - June 13, 2005

http://www.hbo.com/sixfeetunder/img/...a_daughter.jpg

Spoiler:
Nate hangs with some high school friends but finds that as adults, they share little more than teenage memories; Ruth gets relief from George's daughter Maggie; Brenda is reluctant to accept Margaret's help and struggles in her new internship; David and Keith's latest baby dream starts to resemble a nightmare; Claire bemoans being pigeonholed by her art; Billy defends his career but secretly wonders what happened to his old self; and Rico, mortified that he couldn't take a dating hint, seeks sympathy from Vanessa.

Thought I missed this last night because I was watching the Pistons game. I didn't realize that the new episodes were going to be on Monday nights. Weird. I guess I'm just used to watching HBO on Sunday nights.

I thought last weeks episode was great and I'm looking forward to the new (and final) season.

Geofferson 06-13-05 11:57 AM

Glad this show moved to Mondays. Now Monday is the new Sunday! :)

auto 06-13-05 01:37 PM

Not that they really go well together but I'm looking forward to some Hell's Kitchen/Six Feet Under tonight.

marty888 06-13-05 10:29 PM

Very edgy episode, with some solid performances.

Nate's uneasiness as his high school friend tried to justify lusting after a 13 year-old was priceless.

Neopolitan ice cream, anyone?

Geofferson 06-14-05 08:53 AM

Great episode last night. I enjoyed all of the storylines. Very creepy dream that David had. Ruth is coming close to losing it and doing something crazy, IMO. Billy's will-power is put to the test and Rico...well, "She's dead!" :lol:

Fielding Mellish 06-14-05 09:37 AM

Hmmm. So
Spoiler:
Billy’s gone off his meds

Nothing bad could ever come from this turn of events, right?

Right?

slop101 06-14-05 09:39 AM

Ruth's thread is getting really depressing, and she's becoming a real bitch. I used to really like her character, but not so much anymore. Were they implying that she used to care for her crazy grandmother?

Geofferson 06-14-05 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by slop101
Were they implying that she used to care for her crazy grandmother?

That's what I took from it.

BassDude 06-14-05 02:13 PM

Ruth was coming off as mellow dramatic to me, until the Neopolitan Ice Cream incident. Dunno now...

Rico needs ta let go... He got a bit of pleasure from getting the family back together for pizza, but, could be confusing for the kids. She is done with him.

This episode felt a bit like a connector. Not much "happened," but some good future stuff was set up!

DumDum 06-14-05 04:07 PM

In the preview for next week,
Spoiler:
is that Nates friend who slams Brenda against the wall?

WillieTheShakes 06-14-05 04:45 PM

Am I the only one who found this episode really predictable, and really pedestrian?

sherm42 06-14-05 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by DumDum
In the preview for next week,
Spoiler:
is that Nates friend who slams Brenda against the wall?

I think that is just a patient from her new internship.

conscience 06-14-05 04:55 PM

I liked it.

I feel so bad for Ruth. I just want her to be happy.

Frank TJ Mackey 06-14-05 09:54 PM

What happened in the very last scene as it faded to white was a clear indicator that a suicide will probably happen. Although that would just take time away from the traditional main characters and there are only 11 eps left.

Chew 06-15-05 06:04 AM

I wonder how long Ruth's daughter-in-law sticks around? I wouldn't be surprised if she moved in to help care for her father.

Coral 06-15-05 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by slop101
Were they implying that she used to care for her crazy grandmother?

Yes. Ruth mentioned it to Claire in couple times in the past - something about how good Claire has it, where Ruth had to take care of her wheelchaired grandmother when she was young

MrX 06-18-05 01:17 AM

Just caught up on the first 2 episodes

I thought it was ok. Mya walking in on Nate & Brenda was good as was Rico telling Vanessa the girl was dead:lol:

Ruth was getting on my nerves until the end with George flipping out, up until that point she came off as just a bitch to him for no reason.