Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

"Lost" Season 2 casting news and potential spoiler!

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-05, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like some people from the tail section survived...well at least the hot chick Jack met at the bar!

Rodriguez Joins 'Lost' Castaways
(Monday, June 06 10:30 AM)

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) Michelle Rodriguez may get to have that drink with Matthew Fox after all.

After a brief appearance on "Lost" in part one of the show's season finale in May, Rodriguez will join the cast full-time next season, ABC says. She'll be playing a character named Ana-Lucia Cortez.

Rumors that the "Girlfight" star would join the cast have been swirling for some time now, and her addition presents some tantalizing possibilities for the show's second season.

From her cameo in a flashback sequence with Fox's Jack Shepard in part one of the season finale, we know that Ana-Lucia had a seat near the back of the plane on Oceanic Flight 815. From the show's pilot, we know that the tail section broke off before the plane crashed on the mysterious island that Jack and 40-some other survivors now call home.

The casting of Rodriguez adds credence to the idea that other passengers may have ended up on the island as well. Shortly before his death, Boone (Ian Somerhalder) made radio contact with someone who appeared to say "We're the survivors of Oceanic Flight 815."

Rodriguez first earned notice for her starring role in 2000's "Girlfight," for which she won an Independent Spirit Award and several critics' honors. She's also appeared in "The Fast and the Furious," "Blue Crush" and "S.W.A.T." "Lost" will be her first TV series.
Old 06-06-05, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
I wonder how many episodes she will really be appearing next season. The producers also indicated that Daniel Roebuck (Leslie Artz) was going to be added to the regular cast and he ended up appearing in only three episodes.

The bigger question is who from the regulars of season one
Spoiler:
gets killed earlier in the season.
Old 06-06-05, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I HATE Michelle Rodriguez.
Old 06-06-05, 03:52 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Well, this shouldn't be a huge shock. You don't bring in a name like that just for a few minutes of idol chatter at a bar.
Old 06-06-05, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by LorenzoL
I wonder how many episodes she will really be appearing next season. The producers also indicated that Daniel Roebuck (Leslie Artz) was going to be added to the regular cast and he ended up appearing in only three episodes.

The bigger question is who from the regulars of season one
Spoiler:
gets killed earlier in the season.
I'm betting it is
Spoiler:
Michael. Bad things happen around Walt. O'quinn is in tight with Abrahms. Sawyer, Kate, Sayid & Jack are the stars. Daniel Dae Kim and "sun" have provided a great amount of diversity to the show. Shannon would be too obvious. Hurley seems pretty integral to the story, number-wise. But if the spoilers are correct it is someone NOT wanting to leave the show, so I don't know. From the reports it seems it would have to be someone with some amount of pull to want their entire salary. Most everyone else are/were nobodies. Second guess would be Danielle.
Old 06-06-05, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Originally Posted by Sessa17
I HATE Michelle Rodriguez.

Sadly, I do too.
Old 06-07-05, 03:08 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm no fan of Michelle either but I thought she did a fine job......and for once she didnt look like a dude.