DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Joe Schmo 3? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/425680-joe-schmo-3-a.html)

saoirse 06-06-05 02:12 PM

Joe Schmo 3?

Anyone know if there are plans for a third season, and if so, when it will air?

Thanks.

Red Dog 06-06-05 02:16 PM

I think Invasion Iowa was basically Joe Schmo 3. Not nearly as funny though.

NitroJMS 06-06-05 02:40 PM

I really hope they do a third season. Joe Schmo is the only reality show that I find entertaining and worth watching.

Groucho 06-06-05 02:42 PM

Invasion Iowa must have been a disaster in the ratings, because they only showed it once (and I missed it), whereas they showed Joe Schmo to death.

Bill Needle 06-06-05 03:54 PM

At one point I heard there were no plans for a Joe Schmo 3, though the same production crew may do something else along the same "blurr-ality" lines. But I did see a couple of the same people on the Invasion Iowa crew.

Bill Needle 12-27-12 07:38 PM

Re: Joe Schmo 3?

A new season of Joe Schmo, titled "The Joe Schmo Show: The Full Bounty" will premier on Spike TV starting Tuesday January 8, 2013 @ 10e/9c. A second episode immediately follows the first (two one hour episodes back to back). There are scheduled to be 10 episodes. The new season will be hosted once again by Ralph Garman, who will be playing a new character.

FYI, the original season of Joe Schmo was probably the greatest single season of reality TV, ever.

MLBFan24 12-27-12 07:49 PM

Thanks for the news. I really enjoyed both seasons

PhantomStranger 12-27-12 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Bill Needle (Post 11519570)
FYI, the original season of Joe Schmo was probably the greatest single season of reality TV, ever.

That would be the crazy first season of Paradise Hotel, but Joe Schmo was certainly the most original.

Spiderbite 12-27-12 08:11 PM

I loved both seasons. Neither were ever released on dvd, correct?

I would buy both of them in a heartbeat.

Bill Needle 12-27-12 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by brianluvdvd (Post 11519609)
I loved both seasons. Neither were ever released on dvd, correct?

I would buy both of them in a heartbeat.

Both were released. I know, because I own them both. ;) I may have loaned out season one more than any other DVD set I own save for Freaks & Geeks.

Bill Needle 12-27-12 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger (Post 11519603)
That would be the crazy first season of Paradise Hotel, but Joe Schmo was certainly the most original.

Yeah, that Paradise Hotel season was definitely one of my other nominees for the title.

I just watched the first 10 minutes of the new Joe Schmo season (preview), and it looks like Schmo fans will not be disappointed. There was a classic Schmo :lol: moment during the opening segment, plus some "interesting" catch phrases used for the show-within-the-show.

Shamus McAnally 12-27-12 11:32 PM

I wasn't a foe of the first Joe Schmo, so this is a go, no?

Honestly, I loved season 1, but I can't even remember if I watched the second season. Definitely going to give this one a shot.

Red Dog 12-28-12 08:04 AM

Interesting. Had no idea this was coming back.

I never saw the first one, but the 2nd one was a riot (even got the DVD).

BrewCrew 12-28-12 08:51 AM

I loved the first one but must have somehow missed the second one so bought in on Amazon for a few dollars and will be watching season 3 as well.

DRG 12-28-12 09:18 AM

Glad to see this coming back. Much like The (non-celebrity) Mole, this was one of those reality concepts that I always wanted more of. Invasion Iowa just never cut it for me. Hell, in the era of Swamp Duck Storage Pawn Pickers this subgenre of reality shows almost feels retro.

PhantomStranger 12-28-12 02:05 PM

I'm not sure a modern show could ever reproduce the magic of Joe Schmo's first season. It was before the audience or participants knew much about reality television, and expectations were much different. Matt, the star of season one, occasionally posts over at the Tivocommunity site.

Neitzl 12-28-12 02:20 PM

Actually, I was shocked that they were able to do a season 2, but a season 3? And with the same host? Crazy.
I loved this show though. Season 1 was incredible, 2 was great and I hope 3 is worthwhile. I just programmed my dvr to record it, thanks OP, as I didn't know this was coming back!

Bill Needle 12-28-12 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Red Dog (Post 11519942)
Interesting. Had no idea this was coming back.

I never saw the first one, but the 2nd one was a riot (even got the DVD).

Season one was absolutely classic. I highly recommend getting that DVD as well.

sven 12-28-12 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Bill Needle (Post 11520420)
Season one was absolutely classic. I highly recommend getting that DVD as well.

Yeah season 1 was awesome.

stopgap 12-28-12 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by sven (Post 11520432)
Yeah season 1 was awesome.

That was a very fun show to watch at the time. Didn't know there was a season 2 around until this thread :)

story 12-29-12 12:51 PM

Both seasons are great for different reasons. The most interesting part of season 1 is to see the actors' and producers' reactions to how Matt keeps changing things up on them most often basd on his morals / ethics. The most interesting part of season 2, the fake dating / marriage show, is to see the actors get upset when they realize they're messing with the real people's hearts and emotions and that it doesn't seem ethical (the woman who plays Piper is especially upset over what she thinks she's doing to Tim). In both cases, the ethics really come into play in a great way.

Originally Posted by Bill Needle (Post 11519570)
A new season of Joe Schmo, titled "The Joe Schmo Show: The Full Bounty" will premier on Spike TV starting Tuesday January 8, 2012 @ 10e/9c.

Just want to make sure you mean 2013 so you didn't get our hopes up needlessly!

lewisb73 12-30-12 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by Neitzl (Post 11520246)
Actually, I was shocked that they were able to do a season 2, but a season 3? And with the same host? Crazy.
I loved this show though. Season 1 was incredible, 2 was great and I hope 3 is worthwhile. I just programmed my dvr to record it, thanks OP, as I didn't know this was coming back!

Season one went over perfectly, nobody was expecting anything like that to happen who happened to try out for one of these shows, the "Joe" was a likeable doofus. It worked really well. Second season had the two "Joes" and didnt go as well as the female figured out something was amiss during the season, though putting her in on the joke was a nice way to cover it up.

Obviously they couldsnt immediately do a THIRD season after that, time needed to pass and memories of this show needed to fade... very glad to see it coming back, as someone who hates most "reality" this is a nice change of pace

Bill Needle 12-30-12 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by dogmatica (Post 11520930)
Just want to make sure you mean 2013 so you didn't get our hopes up needlessly!

Whoa- yeah, thanks for the correction! As old as this thread is I hope no one thought they missed this by a year!

mortalplague 12-30-12 12:36 PM

Ha i loved the first season. The second season went too crazy even though it had so much great stuff. "You're dead to us" "This next contest is going to make you feel like you just got donkey punched". I laughed so hard when he said that.

Evan Meadow 12-31-12 05:56 AM

Saw a promo for the 3rd season. Asides from Lorenzo Lamas I already recognized one of the other participants from an ABC show a few seasons ago.

They've got to be careful when casting actors that in no way could anyone recognize them from any network show.