DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Six Feet Under (season 5 premiere) "A Coat of White Primer" 6/6/05 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/425678-six-feet-under-season-5-premiere-coat-white-primer-6-6-05-a.html)

Geofferson 06-06-05 02:00 PM

Six Feet Under (season 5 premiere) "A Coat of White Primer" 6/6/05

http://www.hbo.com/sixfeetunder/img/...terart2005.jpg

Ruth dreads George's return from the hospital in light of his recent diagnosis; Nate and Brenda prep for a big day, but an emergency makes them reconsider; David and Keith bring up alternative parenting options for discussion; Rico navigates new waters via internet dating; and Claire enjoys domestic bliss, but crosses a line with her camera, inciting an attack from Ruth.

Chew 06-06-05 02:03 PM

The one early review I read on the first episode was not good: C-

BDB 06-06-05 02:51 PM

I love the promo they have with all the cast driving in the desert.

QuikSilver 06-06-05 02:57 PM

That sure is a cool looking promo. This show rocks!

BassDude 06-06-05 03:02 PM

Looking forward to it! Will wait for the West feed so it will be in HD for me...but its gonna be tempting to watch the East!

Bittersweet feeling knowing it's the last Season.

Daytripper 06-06-05 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Chew
The one early review I read on the first episode was not good: C-

Don't tell me.....Entertainment Weekly? If so, same grade as last year. I've actually been looking for a review anywhere for this season. Last EW I saw standing in line didn't have anything (the issue with Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie on the cover). Was this from an older issue? And yes, I'm gonna miss the hell out of this show. Almost forgot it was on tonight. Never gonna get used to Monday nights.

Smidget 06-06-05 04:17 PM

Cannot wait :) And I agree with Bassdude, very bittersweet.

Frank TJ Mackey 06-06-05 05:04 PM

Ball recently said he wanted to end the show after Season 4, but HBO wouldn't let him. They'll never reach the highs of Seasons 2 & 3 again.

That was great television.

conscience 06-06-05 05:22 PM

I cannot wait. Got HBO back just today for this.

coladar 06-06-05 08:57 PM

Maybe I've just been missing my fix of Six Feet Under, but whoever gave this episode a C- needs their head examined. Excellent television, easily better than anything last season.

astrochimp 06-06-05 09:07 PM

I really enjoyed it and yeah its good to have a quality show back on.

conscience 06-06-05 09:10 PM

Claire's an f-in hottie. She definitely looks her best this season.

Great episode.

The conversation between Brenda and Lisa was a highlight.

"All that anonymous cock..." :lol:

tasha99 06-06-05 09:15 PM

EW gave Carnivale a C- also. :rolleyes:

I've never read the magazine, but if their articles are as far off and sloppy as their reviews, I'm not interested.

das Monkey 06-06-05 09:19 PM

The last time I took an EW review seriously,

das

marty888 06-06-05 09:31 PM

Great opening for the season - still one of the best shows on TV!

Michael T Hudson 06-06-05 10:18 PM

Nice happy start.

RMSpuhler 06-06-05 11:58 PM

Wow wow wow.

I can't believe this is the last season. I love this show, and tonight was no exception.

Hope we get more Jenna Fischer throughout the season. She was fun.

RS

Gizmo 06-07-05 12:06 AM

Boo...Tivo missed it. Reruns on Wednesday at least...If anyone knows where I can get a torent for it, please e-mail me. I can't wait!

BassDude 06-07-05 12:50 AM

Okay..I've waited to use this word on this forum for the right time, but..

Holy FUCK! Six Feet under is back!!!

Loved it! Brenda and Lisa! Ruth and her emotions. Nate just being Nate. Rico and his soon ta be (already?) ex talking like friends. And the lighting once again is superb. Also, the 5.1 had some nice subtle uses...the grandfather clock ticking in my right rear speaker when Ruth and George came home, the crowd behind me as Nate and David talked...

Laughed at the lil kid at the wedding looking back at the camera!

Lots of good stuff started in only the first episode!

BDB 06-07-05 12:51 AM

Well I am in a happy state right now. Man oh man. I wish Michael Rappaport had done a real number on Lily Taylor as her character just grates on my every living nerve.

Last season I would FF through her scenes its that painful.

I like david and keith and they seem to be going along well.

Billy is still a psycho, and I hope bren finds the happiness she needs, and she does need it.

I loved Rico's dates, and I am sure as hell he's missing vanessa.

Great to have it back though.

Decker 06-07-05 01:13 AM

Wow. That was depressing (and I didn't need to be depressed on the same day the Pistons eliminate Shaq and the Heat). Still, it was a good episode and Peter Krauss' acting continues to blow me away. I hope the story line with George goes somewhere or they write him out quickly; that's no fun, there.

The Claire and Billy storyline looks to be an interesting one as does Rico's. Should be an interesting season. Is it too much to hope for a (relatively) happy ending for this series? I'm guessing yes, but you never know, I suppose.

BTW : Nice death. I can't recall the last one that graphic.

Frank TJ Mackey 06-07-05 12:05 PM

I like Peter Krause and the scene with Brenda and her imaginary friend, but not much else.

I am surprised so many people on here thought it was so great. Cromwell needs to be removed, he really does bring the show down a notch.

david12 06-07-05 12:47 PM

Remove Cromwell? I thought his scenes, and especially Ruth stuggle were the most gripping parts of last night's episode. God, I was nearly in tears every time she was on screen. And as far as getting him off the show quickly, I'm not sure that will happen. As Nate and Bren were saying their vows, Ruth had a little flashback to her wedding and her own vows. I think she is the type of character that will stick it through, because she made the commitment to the marriage.

Watching last night just showed me how much we all knows these characters. Sucks that Ruth and Claire are fighting though, especially after how close they had got in the last season. Claire presenting her mother with a wedding present ranks as one of my top scenes of the series.

Rico's stuff was fun, and I totally dig that girl he dated. Seems like he is playing her by using Vanessa's words to elevate himself. Maybe moving too fast?

I enjoyed it.

BassDude 06-07-05 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by david12

Rico's stuff was fun, and I totally dig that girl he dated.

Pam from "The Office" (US) I believe.

JTH182 06-08-05 12:03 AM

Ha, as soon as I saw her I'm like "That's Pam!"