DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Good News, Bad News about the upcoming season of Boston Legal.. [Casting Spoilers] (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/425363-good-news-bad-news-about-upcoming-season-boston-legal-%5Bcasting-spoilers%5D.html)

Rogue588 06-03-05 06:50 PM

Good News, Bad News about the upcoming season of Boston Legal.. [Casting Spoilers]

Good news - Julie Bowen will be joining the cast.

Bad news - Rhona and Monica will be leaving.

Well, I couldn't care much about Monica leaving...but I will miss seeing Rhona's sultry, sexy looks on a regular basis. Let's hope they make Kerry a regular to make up for it.

Julie Bowen joins 'Boston Legal' cast
Saturday, May 21, 2005

With appearances on two ABC series under her belt this season, Julie Bowen will make the network her full-time home come fall.

The former "Ed" star will join the cast of "Boston Legal" for its second season, ABC Entertainment president Steve McPherson said. Meanwhile, Rhona Mitra and Monica Potter are leaving the show.

"Boston Legal" will begin its second season on a new night (10 p.m. Tuesdays) with five episodes left over from this year, thanks to the success of "Grey's Anatomy" in its former Sunday timeslot. McPherson says it's possible some scenes from those five shows will be reshot to include Bowen.

Details on her character are scant, but McPherson says creator David E. Kelley is hoping to add a stronger female perspective through Bowen and Candice Bergen, who joined the series midseason.

Bowen had a recurring part on ABC's comedy "Jake in Progress" this year, playing a woman who won a "Swan"-like TV makeover contest and became involved with the title character (John Stamos). She also guest-starred on an episode of "Lost," playing Jack's (Matthew Fox) bride-to-be.

MrX 06-03-05 07:13 PM

mmmmmmm, Carol Vessey:drool:

Sad to see Rhona go but once Alan and Tara slept together her character really had nothing to do.

Patman 06-03-05 09:43 PM

I think Bowen can bring some energy to the show because she can talk fast, and keep up with lots of dialogue if need be. Both Rhona and Monica have less interesting speech patterns (though Rhona's accent is sexy).

lwhy? 06-03-05 10:21 PM

I thought Heather Locklear was joining the cast at some time. I remember seeing promos with her joining the show. I will miss Rhona. Julie Bowen's hot but Rhona is hotter imho.

calhoun07 06-04-05 12:13 AM

I heard around the time LAX was faltering in the ratings and Desperate Housewives was becoming successful that Heather Locklear had been offered a role on DH but turned it down because ABC hadn't had a hit in a thousand years, but now her LAX gig was up, they were going to work her into DH in season two, but I did not know if that would be as a regular (obviously not, unless Mark Cherry has some surprises up his sleeve) or in some guest starring part.

TheKing 06-04-05 05:33 PM

Locklear was offered a role on DH before the show began, she would have had the role that eventully went to Nicolette Sheridan. She turned it down for a starring role in LAX.

As for Boston Legal, she had a 3 or 4 episode story arc, she wasn't becoming a regular...unless the arc was really successful, then who knows.

RocShemp 06-04-05 09:20 PM

Sad to hear about Rhona Mitra. :( I hope they don't kill her off so she might return in some form later on.

Any word as to why she's leaving?

B.A. 06-04-05 09:23 PM

I don't think anyone cares if Potter leaves, but I shall miss looking at Rhona every ep (for the second or two she was on the screen). :(

Julie Bowen joining the cast as a regular gets a :up: out of me.

Patman 06-04-05 09:30 PM

Potter got preggers, IIRC.

Baron Of Hell 06-04-05 09:36 PM

What no ugly news?

RocShemp 06-04-05 11:19 PM

I see, Patman. But why is Rhona Mitra leaving? :(

mikehunt 06-04-05 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by lwhy?
I thought Heather Locklear was joining the cast at some time. I remember seeing promos with her joining the show. I will miss Rhona. Julie Bowen's hot but Rhona is hotter imho.

if locklear came on they'd have to get Adrian Zmed and James Darren too

Meatpants 06-06-05 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by RocShemp
Sad to hear about Rhona Mitra. :( I hope they don't kill her off so she might return in some form later on.

Hopefully she returns in her current smoking-as-hell form.

The blond girl's character was worthless. They need to drop the axe on that guy from Keen Eddie next.

Red Dog 06-06-05 10:47 AM

Rhona Mitra is the sexiest woman on television. I hope she finds a new gig and soon. How about on Nip/tuck? ;)

rkndkn 06-06-05 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Meatpants
The blond girl's character was worthless. They need to drop the axe on that guy from Keen Eddie next.

I like him -- they just don't know what to do with his character.

B.A. 06-06-05 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by rkndkn
They just don't know what to do with his character.

Exactly. They need to force him and Shore to partner up on case after case, because there interactions w/ each other consistently bring the funny.

Rogue588 06-13-05 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Red Dog
Rhona Mitra is the sexiest woman on television. I hope she finds a new gig and soon. How about on Nip/Tuck? ;)

Welllllllllllllllllllll...

Spoiler:
NIP/TUCK SPOILER ALERT!: As FX's Nip/Tuck goes into production on its third season today, it'll be looking a whole lot prettier. According to The Hollywood Reporter, inexplicably dumped Boston Legal beauty Rhona Mitra is joining the cast as a hush-hush recurring character who insiders hint will be a detective investigating the attack on Sean. In related news, series stars Julian McMahon and Dylan Walsh have both received bonuses in excess of a quarter of a million dollars.

:D

Red Dog 06-14-05 08:46 AM

Holy Premonitions, Batman!!!! -eek- :lol: :banana:

B.A. 06-14-05 09:49 AM

Great googly-moogly! Today is a good day!

GuessWho 06-14-05 10:22 AM

:nopics:

Meatpants 06-14-05 11:00 AM

http://tombraider.gamesurf.it/fenome...rhona_img2.jpg

movieking 06-14-05 11:07 AM

So the show dumped Lake Bell, Monica Potter, and Rhona Mitra? WTF? What is DEK thinking?

Lake Bell said she was told that she was being dumped in favor of Candice Bergen. Ugh.