DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Miss any of the 10 seasons of survivor? If so, you are in luck! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/425182-miss-any-10-seasons-survivor-if-so-you-luck.html)

xx2000xx 06-02-05 01:32 PM

Miss any of the 10 seasons of survivor? If so, you are in luck!

It's just too damn bad that it's on a station that 4 people have heard of. I hope it does very well, then add some amazing race and past seasons of big brother with it too.

(06-01) 14:12 PDT NEW YORK, (AP) --

OLN has bought the syndication rights to the 10 seasons of CBS'"Survivor" series, and will begin airing the reality show's first season July 24.

OLN, the cable channel formerly known as the Outdoor Life Network, will premiere the reruns after its coverage of Lance Armstrong's final ride in the Tour de France, a competition that usually gives the network its best ratings of the year.

The deal represents an interesting test for TV's best-known reality program. There's some question in the industry about how many people will tune in to watch a competition where the winner is already known.

Besides showing "Survivor" series in their entirety, OLN plans to package highlights under themes like "most villainous characters" and "biggest twists."

"`Survivor' is the reality series that spawned a whole new television genre," said Gavin Harvey, OLN president. "It is a prized acquisition and a perfect fit for OLN."

Chew 06-02-05 01:36 PM

Previously posted here.

Also, Game Show Network is supposed to be going after Amazing Race.

Bill Needle 06-02-05 01:46 PM

I'd watch the first season again just for Rudy. I still chuckle thinking about him doing the challenge where they ran around with the video camera answering questions about some story Probst told them.

Gizmo 06-02-05 01:47 PM

There have been 10 seasons of Survivor?

dancinns 06-02-05 01:50 PM

Cool. I can't wait to watch season 2 over again.

Morf 06-02-05 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD

Evidently. I'll still pass, thanks.

MrE 06-02-05 03:41 PM

Oh...I thought the subject of this thread was complimenting viewers on their astuteness.

auto 06-02-05 03:43 PM

Damn. I've only missed one episode in all 10 seasons. The one in All-Stars where
Spoiler:
Ethan
gets kicked off. I wouldn't mind watching that ep just so I could say I've seen them all. It was originally broadcast on St. Patrick's Day of all days.

I know. I'm a loser. :(

Red Dog 06-02-05 03:46 PM

I'd like to go back and watch the first 2 seasons and the season (Amazon?) with Jenna, Heidi, and Rob C.

Morf 06-02-05 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by MrE
Oh...I thought the subject of this thread was complimenting viewers on their astuteness.

:lol:

:rimshot:

Cusm 06-02-05 04:12 PM

Cool, my cable company just added this channel today. I only watched the 1st season and skipped til Amazon, and have watched ever since.

nazz 06-02-05 04:30 PM

I would watch a best babes episode.

MEJHarrison 06-02-05 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
I'd watch the first season again just for Rudy. I still chuckle thinking about him doing the challenge where they ran around with the video camera answering questions about some story Probst told them.

That's still one of my all time favorite moments.

I think the only episode I missed was in the Amazon when Jenna and Heidi stipped for food. That was in our pre-TiVo days.

dadaluholla 06-02-05 09:39 PM

Wow, i didn't even know I had OLN.

I guess I'll be watching Survivor.

DeanoBKN 06-02-05 09:51 PM

10 seasons! Wow, where have I been?

MrJeff 06-04-05 03:26 PM

amazing race will start in july for the gsn IIRC, showing nightly

Originally Posted by Chew
Previously posted here.

Also, Game Show Network is supposed to be going after Amazing Race.

Triple S 06-04-05 04:56 PM

I think I'm half-retarded. I have Directv, and I can't find the channel. Anybody know what channel OLN is?

astrochimp 06-04-05 05:32 PM

On my tv its listed as OUTL if that helps any.

aktick 06-04-05 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Triple S
I think I'm half-retarded. I have Directv, and I can't find the channel. Anybody know what channel OLN is?

das Monkey 06-04-05 06:46 PM

This thread makes me sad. "Miss any of the 10 seasons of survivor?" No ... no I haven't. :(

das

boredsilly 06-04-05 08:03 PM

I'll be watching the Amazing Race for the first time. How the people here fawn over it, I can't ignore it any more.

BDB 06-05-05 01:16 AM

huzzah for repeats of TAR and a 105 Hour Tivo..

mndtrp 06-05-05 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD

I thought the exact same thing when I read the title.

And yes, I have missed some of the 10 seasons. In fact, I have missed every one of them.

jpdude 06-05-05 10:48 AM

I hope this doesn't delay the release of more full season dvd sets...i'd like to eventually own them all.

nevermind 07-20-05 10:24 AM

Bump as a reminder that this starts Sunday. Tivo-wise, it appears they have legitimate descriptions, so a season pass is easier to set up than the Amazing Race on GSN.