Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Did you miss "Lost"? The Pilot Part One 06/01/05

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-05, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did you miss "Lost"? The Pilot Part One 06/01/05

If you missed Lost and want to catch up (or just don't want to wait for the boxset ), tonight's the night to start doing so. Part 1 of the pilot will be on at 10EST/9CST tonight.

Plus, if you've gotten HD in the last few months: you have a chance to catch it again from the beginning that way.
Old 06-01-05, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts
So, they'll be showing all the episodes over the summer? I missed it the first time, but would love to see it now. I just don't want to get screwed over if they end up not showing the whole season.
Old 06-01-05, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tom Banjo
So, they'll be showing all the episodes over the summer? I missed it the first time, but would love to see it now. I just don't want to get screwed over if they end up not showing the whole season.
No clue. I doubt they'll replay the entire season over the summer. Your best bet:
Old 06-01-05, 05:28 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
A question...should we use this thread, go back and start up the old thread from the original airing of the pilot, or continue on with the thread from the finale? Because I'm sure there'll be many things we notice the 2nd time around that we missed originally - like
Spoiler:
our beloved nanobots .

Last edited by aktick; 06-01-05 at 09:58 PM.
Old 06-01-05, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts
aktick, Not that I care, but you may want to spoilerize future happenings since this thread is aimed at the "missed it the first time" crowd.
Old 06-01-05, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts
Originally Posted by Tom Banjo
I'm wondering the same. I know nothing about this show other than some people are lost. I don't want to see a bunch of episodes out of order. And since I usually hate 1 hour dramas I don't feel inclined to take a chance on a DVD blind buy.
Old 06-01-05, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think I remember reading that one of those TV columnists (Roush?) asked and learned they'd be running selected episodes, which the person in question took to mean they'd be skipping the "boring" ones.
Old 06-01-05, 10:00 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
aktick, Not that I care, but you may want to spoilerize future happenings since this thread is aimed at the "missed it the first time" crowd.
Good idea, thanks for the reminder, fixed it.

I hope they show all episodes, but it seems to me they're only showing 1 a week, and there are only 15 or 16 Wednesdays until S2 starts...BOO! Hopefully they'll double up some weeks.
Old 06-01-05, 10:06 PM
Suspended

Anybody catch Boone's comment?
Spoiler:
He asked Jack if they should do the "pen thing" to the black woman...something he had done to him after his accident . Also, the black woman's comment in the background about the "monster" sounding familiar, like from the zoo?
Old 06-01-05, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by aktick
Anybody catch Boone's comment?
Spoiler:
He asked Jack if they should do the "pen thing" to the black woman...something he had done to him after his accident . Also, the black woman's comment in the background about the "monster" sounding familiar, like from the zoo?
I didn't hear
Spoiler:
the zoo
part. I thought
Spoiler:
I heard a convo between Hurley(?) and a woman - not necessarily the black woman - go like this:
WOMAN: "I kept thinking that sound was familiar"
HURLEY: "Where are you from?"
WOMAN: "The Bronx."

BTW let's take this discussion to the finale thread or start a new one so we don't have to spoilerize everything.
Old 06-02-05, 08:59 AM

I thought they were going to be showing all the episodes. I didn't get a chance to watch it during the regular season and I really want to watch it. I could wait for the dvd, but that comes out after season 2 starts. I recorded last nights episode, but I would really like to know if all season is showing again during the summer.
Old 06-02-05, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts
Did you check the ABC website for info?
Old 06-02-05, 09:20 AM

Yes, and they don't say anything about showing the entire season again.
Old 06-02-05, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Jimmy James
I think I remember reading that one of those TV columnists (Roush?) asked and learned they'd be running selected episodes, which the person in question took to mean they'd be skipping the "boring" ones.
from tvguide.com:
Question: I was really excited to hear that ABC will re-air the entire season of Lost this summer, but they can't be showing all of the episodes, right? There wouldn't be enough time. — Christine

Ausiello: Here's the official word from ABC. "We may see back-to-back airings on Wednesday nights, but some episodes will not air at all this summer." In other words, they're gonna skip the boring ones. "
Old 06-02-05, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That's too bad they're not showing them all this summer. I missed it the first time around and would love to check out the show. Is this the type of show where you should really see all the episodes? Will skipping the "boring" episodes really ruin the show for me?

On the other hand, if I like what I see, it will give me something to look forward to when the DVDs are released. It will be like bonus episodes.
Old 06-02-05, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts
Originally Posted by tvguide.com
"We may see back-to-back airings on Wednesday nights, but some episodes will not air at all this summer." In other words, they're gonna skip the boring ones. "
Suits me. I can always jump into the DVDTalk thread on any episode they skip for the couple of juicy details that might be omitted. Generally I much prefer the condensed viewing period. For instance, I DVR'd the first half of the pilot last night and will not bother watching it until I have the other half recorded next week.
Old 06-02-05, 12:09 PM

It kind of makes sense that the entire season will not be shown. To do that at 1 a week it would take 6 months. The weird thing is ABC saying that half of their shows where not important or boring?
Old 06-02-05, 02:24 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Big Worms
It kind of makes sense that the entire season will not be shown. To do that at 1 a week it would take 6 months. The weird thing is ABC saying that half of their shows where not important or boring?
Haha, no kidding. I think that if you are a first time viewer of the show, you'll be ok even if they skip a few. There are many good online recaps of each episode, plus the threads here. Plus I'd guess they'll do some kind of overview of the episodes they skip before showing the next one. You may miss some of the neat details that we love to find, but I'm sure they'll make sure you know what's going on. And like was said, if you really like it, there's always the DVDs to check out before you'd have to start watching season 2.
Old 06-02-05, 02:45 PM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts
Dammit! I missed it. Are they showing the pilot again this week, maybe a late night weekend showing?
Old 06-02-05, 03:05 PM

The weird thing is ABC saying that half of their shows where not important or boring?
Re-read that quote. ABC's didn't say that; Ausiello did.
Old 06-02-05, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Morf
Re-read that quote. ABC's didn't say that; Ausiello did.
I know, but still ABC is deciding that some of shows episodes you can do with out. Basically they are doing a teaser so that you get the dvds. I only wish I would have just watched it during the regular season.
Old 06-03-05, 06:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Since a lot of shows seem to be starting in October now, there's still a good chance most of the episodes will be played.
Old 06-03-05, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by Chew
Since a lot of shows seem to be starting in October now, there's still a good chance most of the episodes will be played.
IMDB states that Season 2 Episode 1 is on September 21, 2005--or did I misunderstand you?

I think the DVDs are released on September 6. That gives new viewers two weeks to catch up on Season 1, which could be enough time if you watch two per day.
Old 06-03-05, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by heimerSWT
IMDB states that Season 2 Episode 1 is on September 21, 2005--or did I misunderstand you?
September 21? October? Close enough?
Old 06-03-05, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Chew
September 21? October? Close enough?
Hehe, not close enough for me! The sooner the better, especially with this show.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.