DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Where the heck is Family Guy? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/424666-where-heck-family-guy.html)

A-aron 05-29-05 07:57 PM

Where the heck is Family Guy?

OK - three new episodes and now it hasn't aired in 2 weeks? WTF is up with that? Damn Fox, get me hooked (again) and then this??

Anyone else peeved that new episodes have not shown so that Fox can bring us Star Wars and NASCAR?

littlefuzzy 05-29-05 08:01 PM

Last week, I was surprised to find Family Guy and American Dad on Comedy Central (or was it The Cartoon Network?) The American Dad was a repeat, but the Family Guy was one I hadn't seen, although I couldn't say if it was actually brand new.

the aftermath 05-29-05 08:14 PM

Fucking Nascar :mad:

SuprVgeta 05-29-05 08:14 PM

It's not on AGAIN? Son of a bi....

Matthew Chmiel 05-29-05 09:08 PM

New episodes of Family Guy and American Dad start up again on the 5th of June...

Jackskeleton 05-29-05 09:46 PM

It's understandable. Nascar is a huge draw for Fox and they want to appeal to those middle america folks. simple as that.

Jay G. 05-29-05 10:51 PM

Let's not forget that the other FOX shows have similarly been interrupted, so it's not a snub to Seth fans.

clemente 05-29-05 11:16 PM

Since Fox has had the NASCAR package haven't they always televised the Coca Cola 600 (that's the race right?)

I can see complaining, but if something the nextworks always done, where's the issues?

Jackskeleton 05-29-05 11:59 PM

yup. they always do. Nothing new here.

Matthew Chmiel 05-30-05 01:32 AM

And everyone knows that FOX isn't going to cancel Family Guy right away after bringing it back to life...

American Dad on the other hand... I don't think anybody would weep if the show was just suddenly cancelled...

Jay G. 05-30-05 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
American Dad on the other hand... I don't think anybody would weep if the show was just suddenly cancelled...

Hey, the last episode was actually decent. The chase scene in it was hilarious.

Gizmo 05-30-05 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
It's understandable. Nascar is a huge draw for Fox and they want to appeal to those middle america folks. simple as that.

!rotfl!

fumanstan 05-30-05 02:03 PM

*Insert "FOX sucks, they keep screwing over good shows" comment here* :)

Shady12 05-30-05 02:50 PM

Sporting events override anything else..just the way it is.

The Cow 05-30-05 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Shady12
Sporting events override anything else..just the way it is.

You can thank the Jets-Raiders game of 1968 vs. Heidi for that -wink-

Jackskeleton 05-30-05 07:18 PM

Besides that, it's a holiday weekend. The basic thinking is everyone is out of town till monday. So why waste a new episode?

SPiRAL 05-30-05 11:31 PM

3 weeks without an episode will be teh suck. :hairpull:

rfduncan 05-31-05 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
Besides that, it's a holiday weekend. The basic thinking is everyone is out of town till monday. So why waste a new episode?

EXACTLY! And the weekend before last, they showed Attack of the Clones for the 1st time on network TV to pump Revenge of the Sith.

Everyone's "summer season" starts next week... new Family Guy, American Dad, Six Feet Under, Entourage, and The Comeback.

DRG 05-31-05 10:41 AM

The NASCAR race closed with a 6.3/12 at 9 p.m., keeping FOX well in front of the competition. A "Desperate Housewives" repeat averaged 5.0/9 for ABC. CBS' movie "Double Jeopardy" was third with a 4.8/9, topping NBC's 4.4/8. The WB finished its evening with "Steve Harvey's Big Time."
Yeah, they probably made the right call. The NASCAR people were going to watch no matter what, and everyone else was seemingly busy with the holidays. Even Desperate Housewives pulled in a very measly figure, rerun or no.

El Scorcho 06-01-05 11:14 AM

SHIT!!

I missed Steve Harvey's big time :( :( :(