Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Alias **Season Finale** "Before the Flood" 5/25/05

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-05, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally Posted by das Monkey
Yeah, the ending completely surprised me too. I was convinced Vaughn would be shot by a sniper, not hit in a car crash. The clawingly slow way that final scene developed had all the subtlety of an episode of 24.

das
I was waiting for a bullet to come through one of the windows, too.
Old 05-25-05, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"What would Jack do?"

"Torture? Blackmail?"
Old 05-25-05, 10:15 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts
I love Irina, if next season is it for Alias they should just give Lena Olin Jennifer Garner's money and spinoff the show with just Jack and her

"Tell her to cut the white wire"

"Cut the blue"
Old 05-25-05, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I really hope they kill of Nadia - I always thought she was an unnecessary addition to the show (especially a full-time addition). Nothing against Mia Maestro - she's stunning to look at, but they don't need the character.

Weiss and Marshall were great when they had the Russkie minister on the phone. "What exactly was the green balloon for?"

But the best part of the entire ep was the Jack and Irina Show as they interrogated Elena. Garber can deliver a line better than anyone. "After everything that's happened the last year, I'm learning to have more fun."

You knew they would let Irina go - hope they have her signed to a contract to make some special appearances next season.
Old 05-25-05, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah, after i got done at irina, i was thinking how nice it is to have someone for jack to feed off of. i hope they bring her back full time.
Old 05-25-05, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by B.A.
I really hope they kill of Nadia - I always thought she was an unnecessary addition to the show (especially a full-time addition). Nothing against Mia Maestro - she's stunning to look at...
Which is more than enough reason to NOT kill her off!
Old 05-25-05, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I was holding my breath for the 'whatever' they pull... So when they were driving i was thinking 'ooh a crash'. Then he pulls that 'my name isnt' crap and i'm all open mouth gawking and THEN it happens.

Holy crap i pooped my pants!
Old 05-26-05, 12:32 AM

Yeah they redeemed themselves on the finale, but still I was explaining Lost tonight to my dad and it really seemed quite ludicris upon giving all the twists and turns outlod, and this season of Alias was better then last but not even close to the first two. Hopefully JJ can straighten his stuff out.
Old 05-26-05, 01:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Kickass ALIAS!

Much better than Lost. A great season finale is all about the last 30 seconds!
DEFINITELY better than that boring 120 minute "fate-fate-fate" snoozefest that preceded ALIAS!!!

LOVE THE "HOLY CRAP" CLIFFHANGER!
When did they confirm that ALIAS was given the green light for Season 5? Cuz this episode looked as if it was tailored as a SERIES finale... then they tacked on the "Nadia is still breathing"... but then I did hear Irina bout tellin' Vaughn to come clean with Sydney.

Now if Nadia can survive that gunshot wound, I'm sure Vaughn will survive that out of nowhere carcrash, unless he comes back in flashbacks.

So is this Rambaldi stuff over?

Alias Season 4: A- (last few episodes, and LENA OLIN, make up for the crappy stand-alone eps)

And they'ves got to bring back LENA OLIN!!! (With her knowing Vaughn's secret and all.....)

Last edited by skatefan20; 05-26-05 at 01:20 AM.
Old 05-26-05, 01:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

good ep, even if it looked like they sort of ran out of money for this ep or something..

In the past they have have broke out the big over the top stuff for the season ending.. oh well, over all it was still a soild ep.. I like the 28 days rip off being I'm a fan of that sort of theme in films etc..

Season over all was not too bad this time, I wished they had done a few more super spy themed eps being this season really put in the "office" time it seems.

Of course as the rest of you have mentioned I also got sort of blind sided by the ending this time too. Like I forgot what show I was watching for a few min or something being as he is talking I was just thinking "Wow not a big cliff hanger this time huh...." then boooooooom..
Old 05-26-05, 01:47 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Lounging on the beach in L.A., frappucino in hand...
OK I haven't watched the first half of the show yet, came home halfway through and watched the end as it finished taping. So, comments on the second-half of the ep:

WAY TO GIVE ME A HEART ATTACK!!! Jumped so suddenly that I dropped something on the cat.

Also, LOVED Jack and Irina while they were talking about interrogating Elena: "I'm not going to torture you... I'm going to let him do it, and he really doesn't care for you" and then Jack's awesome line: "It's been a rather interesting year for me. It's made me reevaluate certain parts of my life. I'm trying to have more FUN...." Best Jack line ever.
Old 05-26-05, 04:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by dvd182
Jesus....that crash scared the F outta me!
Yeah, my heart skipped a beat there. I knew something bad was going to happen since everything seemed so happy with them driving on a nice, sunny day. Of course Vaughn won't die since no one can freaking die on this show.
Old 05-26-05, 06:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

As for Nadia's future:

Spoiler:
It's been reported that she won't be a regular next year, but will be back for a couple of episodes. Although, with Garner's pregnancy, it could open up a bigger role for her
Old 05-26-05, 06:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts
The only thing that would have made the finale better is if they had killed Nadia. The fact that Sloane did it would have been great karma.
Old 05-26-05, 07:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by lisadoris
The only thing that would have made the finale better is if they had killed Nadia. The fact that Sloane did it would have been great karma.

I know Irina told Vaughn to always tell the truth to Sydney, but I don't think she really knew the Truth about "Vaughn". It just so happens that her saying that openned up a big ol' can of shit. Oh screw it - nothing on this show happens by chance or is coincidental. At least we only have to wait until the fall this time to find out what the hell is going to happen.

Could they actually/possibly be done w/ Rambaldi?
Old 05-26-05, 08:22 AM

I thought the episode was very blah ex th few scenes mentined above with Marshall/Weiss and Irina/Jack. And of course the last minute. They sure know how to make you want to watch again.
Old 05-26-05, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I won't spoiler this since I'm sure everyone's figured it out by now, but Vaughn is the 4th Derevko sister.

das
Old 05-26-05, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts
Originally Posted by das Monkey
I won't spoiler this since I'm sure everyone's figured it out by now, but Vaughn is the 4th Derevko sister.

das

While I wouldn't put it past the writers; I'm thinking no.
Old 05-26-05, 08:49 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts
No no no no, Vaughn is the real Arvin Sloane.
Old 05-26-05, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

actually, there are some over at the sd6 boards who are theorizing that vaughn is actually
Spoiler:
rambaldi
and he is protecting syd. i didn't say it made sense, i am just saying that's another "possibility" that's out there.
Old 05-26-05, 09:59 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts
Hmmm, kevin, he could be
Spoiler:
a descendant of Rimbaldi
Old 05-26-05, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Bandoman
Hmmm, kevin, he could be
Spoiler:
a descendant of Rimbaldi
I actually kind of like the sounds of that.
Old 05-26-05, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have to say I jumped a bit w/ the last scene.

I know full well that Thursday at 2000 is Alias impersonating Dead Man Walking, but I want MORE Marshall.

"Its like HS all over again, all the cool kids are going to a party and Im not invited." CLASSIC!
Old 05-26-05, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I was thinking along the same lines of having Rambaldi actually being alive now, as was his old friend (a watchmaker from a season or two ago that was a couple of hundred years old). It doesn't really make sense, but since this is Alias and Irina has died a number of times only to still be alive, you never know.
Old 05-26-05, 11:33 AM
GCS
DVD Talk Special Edition

Enjoyable final ep.

Irena/Jack -- what can say, EXCELLENT!!! Jack is great period!

Marshall/Weiss -- these guys crack me up. They should do more scenes together for sure.

The end -- saw SOMETHING coming but didn't think it would a freakin' car crash, YIKES! Just figured Vaughan would spill his guts just enough to get you to come back next season.

As far as the Vaughan thing goes I would hate to see his character gone as I do like it, of course he was more fan as the vengeful Vaughan from S3 and early S4 but ....

Spoiler:
The OBVIOUS quick answer would be that he was a Russian plant like Irena was to Jack although I guess it would need to be something other than the Russians now .... Afterall why would Irena know about him and be so "candid" about it.

I do not think that Rambaldi is done though. It will always be a recurring theme.

BTW the Car Crash is a VERY easy way to do have Jennifer off the show for a bit for pregnancy as they can stick her in the hospital for an extended period. Essentially the other crew could go on a few missions on their own (hence needing Nadia back) and handle things. Also they could "accidentally" uncover info about Vaughan in the process. Leading up to the inevitable reveal between Vaughan and Sidney. Sadly I can almost bet that there will be some "loss of memory" eps in the near future.

Any way nicely done this Season. Sure there were some duds but hey they finished strong IMO.

Greg

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.