Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Lost ** Season Finale** "Exodus II & III" (05/25/05)

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Lost ** Season Finale** "Exodus II & III" (05/25/05)

Old 06-15-05, 02:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by IDrinkMolson
Obviously, the Pirates that took Walt are from the Black Rock. They found the treasure of the Black Pearl and now have immortality.

Good to see Artz and Boone on the plane at the end.

4, 8, 15, 16, 23 and 42

Gate #: 23
Kate mentioned her reward was: 23(thousand)
Hurley's odometer: 42 Km

I just watched the entire season in 2 days!!! Great show, very intense in some scenes, and definitely creepy too. Sucked that the season finale didn't give us any answers. I'm not going to read all 500+ posts, but if noone has mentioned this yet, I think Jack was sitting in row 23, and the woman who chatted him up at the airport bar (gin and tonic) was in row 42 (not that she was around in the other episodes though).
Old 06-15-05, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Autotelik
I just watched the entire season in 2 days!!! Great show, very intense in some scenes, and definitely creepy too. Sucked that the season finale didn't give us any answers. I'm not going to read all 500+ posts, but if noone has mentioned this yet, I think Jack was sitting in row 23, and the woman who chatted him up at the airport bar (gin and tonic) was in row 42 (not that she was around in the other episodes though).
Spoiler:
That woman (Michelle Rodriguez) will be a regular on the show next season, just in case you did not know

Chris
Old 06-23-05, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Late to the party, I know... what can I say... BitTorrent is slow.

Just had to respond to this:
Originally Posted by heavy liquid
Seems like the producers got scared of a backlash from revealing too much, so they instead revealed nothing. So now they have a backlash from viewers who wanted at least ONE answer to a major question.
Hey, we did learn some things:
1) There are "others," they're real people, and they're bad mother*****ers.
2) The "others" want Walt, most likely for his mysterious knowledge and potential powers.
3) The hatch can be opened, and it leads somewhere.
4) The monster doesn't seem to be a T-Rex; looks like a mechanical or nanoparticle creation.

That's quite a lot, actually. Granted, it didn't address the three most intriguing questions -
1) What's really under the fscking hatch?
2) What exactly is the monster, and what does it look like?
3) Why did the plane crash?
- but hey, there is a Season Two.

I was initially disappointed with the finale, but looking back, it did have quite a bit of meat.

- David Stein
Old 03-03-06, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Sorry - joined the party late (watched Exodus Part 1 and 2 on my R1 set a coupla days ago)

Like the British show Life on Mars - yes I know there is a S2 of Lost and again like Life on Mars - the end of the last episode almost teases you,
thinking everything will be OK as Claire gets her baby back from Danielle, and also for Michael, Walt, Sawyer and Jin when they appear to be rescued, but for some reason the people want to take Walt. Wonder if they are the "others" Danielle is always babbling about?
What is the "real" significance of those numbers? They seem to keep turning up everywhere. Wasnt Jack sitting in Row 23?

But in a way I'm glad some questions were left hanging as it keeps you interested. Cant wait for S2. When is it out on DVD?

TBH I think Charlie is right - maybe there are no "others"*. I mean, what do we really learn about Danielle apart from the fact she's a nutjob?
*Unless Ethan Rom in S1 was one of the "others" - hmmm.

Last edited by grim_tales; 03-03-06 at 08:31 AM.
Old 03-03-06, 07:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Isn't there something strange about Locke as well?
Its like he has a God complex because he can walk again, and in one episode he told Jack it would start raining in a few seconds, and it started raining in a few seconds
I also noticed the thing with Walt and the polar bear, there was definitely a polar bear in Walt's comic.
I don't buy the "Walt wanted to be captured" thing, thats too wierd.

Last edited by grim_tales; 03-03-06 at 08:32 AM.
Old 03-03-06, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Dude.
Old 03-03-06, 08:30 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by grim_tales

But in a way I'm glad some questions were left hanging as it keeps you interested. Cant wait for S2. When is it out on DVD?
S2 will probably come out on DVD right before S3 starts in September/October 2006.

BTW, you really don't have to spoilerize stuff from S1.
Old 03-03-06, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks

There's a S3 now?!
Spoilers deleted BTW. I havent seen any of the DVD extras yet - I'm sure so more stuff will be answered in S2.. the explanation given by Sun of why everyone was on the island "its' fate" (is that all?!) seemed very unsatisfying.
Old 03-03-06, 09:00 AM
Banned

I don't know if there's been an official announcment of S3 yet but I'm pretty sure the plan is to have 7 seasons all together if it works out (unlike say...Alias).
Old 03-03-06, 01:50 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 109 Likes on 95 Posts
wow! 24 pages on the season finale and it's not for another 2 months!!! this thread could break a record...
Old 03-03-06, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Don't get too excited for season 2. They quickly reveal that the entire stranding was engineered by WalMart to establish a consumer base on an uninhabited island so they could open a new SuperCenter and sell frozen pizzas and flip-flops at low, low prices in a new market. Lame if you ask me.
Old 03-03-06, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Not really???
Old 03-03-06, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by scott1598
wow! 24 pages on the season finale and it's not for another 2 months!!! this thread could break a record...

Chris
Old 03-03-06, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by grim_tales
Not really???
Stay tuned!

Chris