Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Lost ** Season Finale** "Exodus II & III" (05/25/05)

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Lost ** Season Finale** "Exodus II & III" (05/25/05)

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-05, 10:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It flys up and off the screen. Not anywhere near the turbine.
It looks like it hits the turbine to me. It could be a weird perspective. The special effects animators have to work with what they've got. Seems to come out of nowhere though. I guess we'll find out soon enough (..in three or four years.. hopefully).

Jack seeing his dad was interesting, thinking about the nano technology. There seemed to be a subtle monster like mechanical sound when he was on screen. Nanites in the form of Jack's dad? Hmm...
Yet another unanswered question... the empty coffin of Jack's father.
Old 05-26-05, 10:38 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
DH or Grey's anatamy weren't exactly running opposite of American Idol either.
Just take a look at last week's ratings of "Lost" (11.0/18.0) when it was not against "American Idol" (16.4/25.0) on Wendesday:

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve...weekly,00.html

Apparently there was not much overlap of the viewers between these two shows, otherwise ABC could have moved up the finale a week earlier to avoid AI finale if ABC was really concerned about the ratings. As mentioned already by many, this show's ratings have declined over the season, and AI is definitely not the main reason.
Old 05-26-05, 10:41 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That is very interesting, the engine thingy.

So the first time Locke saw the "monster," he just stared back at it in awe, with a smile on his face I believe. Then last night he was originally chasing it, wanting to see it, then the tree knocks him over. He's looking up at it, wants to smile at first, then gets a "holy shit, I'm screwed!" look on his face. What was different this second time that made him scared?
Old 05-26-05, 10:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by synergy
Just take a look at last week's ratings of "Lost" (11.0/18.0) when it was not against "American Idol" (16.4/25.0) on Wendesday:

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve...weekly,00.html

Apparently there was not much overlap of the viewers between these two shows, otherwise ABC could have moved up the finale a week earlier to avoid AI finale if ABC was really concerned about the ratings. As mentioned already by many, this show's ratings have declined over the season, and AI is definitely not the main reason.

Huh? ABC is very happy with the ratings, hence the reasoning behind putting it against AI. No one at ABC is disappointed. I honestly don't get the backlash; if you are a fan of this show, then the SEASON finale did not disappoint. Answers, schmanwers. If I want answers in a show every episode, I'll watch Law & Order (no thank you). The most incredible thing about this show (besides some terrific acting and incredible locations) is the absence of answers. Give me something to think about. Give me some black humor. Great characters, fucked up situations. I am so there next season.
Old 05-26-05, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

"if you are a fan of this show, then the SEASON finale did not disappoint."

As I pointed out in an earlier post, this episode had no characteristics about it that would make it a season finale, so as a season finale it did disappoint. Heck it didn't even make me want the premiere next season anymore than any other epsidode had me wanting the next week's episode. Because it was just another regular episode. A good one but no better or special than some of the others.

"If I want answers in a show every episode"

That is NOT what people are complaining about. Nobody has to have answers every episode. A few over the course of over 20 eps. would be nice though.

Last edited by Shady12; 05-26-05 at 11:22 PM.
Old 05-26-05, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by spoon81
if you are a fan of this show, then the SEASON finale did not disappoint.
Just curious -- are you attempting to flame our expectations or attack our status as fans of the show?

As to your statement about answers in every episode, you're darned right I want them. It is *hardly* necessary to wrap everything up into a package, but there needs to be some movement to the story. That means they have to make sense of things at various levels from time to time. They do a great job of answering questions about characters with the flashbacks -- I have no complaints there. They did basically nothing to move the story set in the present along, though.
Old 05-27-05, 12:43 AM
HN
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts
Alrighty, from the http://www.oceanic-air.com/seatingchart.htm, go to the homepage (http://www.oceanic-air.com) and check out some things. In the yellow box, if you drag your mouse down further, you can see a letter from Robert West (one of the letters in charlie's bottle of letters?). also, in the corner of that box, you should be able to drag over an image. If you have a hard time reading the image, here it is:

http://www.oceanic-air.com/images/oa_front-letter1a.jpg

If j.j. and co. keep this up, we WILL be talking about it all summer!
Old 05-27-05, 01:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

There's also a couple of letters hanging off to the right of the yellow box. The box is actually on top of a letter from someone named Sally to her sister.
Old 05-27-05, 02:52 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by aktick
On the subject of nanotech...I've of course heard about it, but can somebody link me to some info that would possibly help me understand how it could relate to the "monster" on the island? Thanks.
Nanobots are microscopic machines (robots). Nanotechnology is the science of these machines. In theory, nanobots are possible.

Also, in theory, a single nanobot may belong to a "swarm" of millions of other bots. The nanoswarm has collective intelligence. In Crichton's book, Prey, a nanoswarm becomes so highly advanced that it begins to mimick human behavior, even talking on human shape.

Nanobots, in theory, can enter into the bloodstream and repair any bodily damage in the host. This may explain why Locke can now walk. Nanos can also bond with their human hosts and influence how the human behaves and thinks. Again, think of Locke and how he seems to innately know things about the island.

A nanoswarm can also change its form. Since nanobots are microscopic, they can float/fly. The island "monster" could very well be a cloud of nanobots. A nanoswarm.
Old 05-27-05, 05:03 AM
Banned

Here's Sally's letter from the bottle and hidden under the yellow box:

If anyone should find this message, please get word to Sandra Rafflethorpe of Palm Avenue in Lewiston, Idaho that her sister, Sally is alive and stranded on an island somewhere in the South Pacific. Please send help soon. Things are bad. And they're getting worse...

Last edited by cracksky; 05-27-05 at 06:48 AM.
Old 05-27-05, 06:47 AM
Banned

Here's some map segments I found on the seating chart page. I couldn't find a way to save the whole image so I screen capped it in pieces. This is most of it. Obviously it's in French so maybe someone here can translate it.

Old 05-27-05, 06:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
For some reason, this finale reminded me of Earth 2. Especially when Locke was being pulled into the ground.
Old 05-27-05, 07:29 AM

At the Oceanic-Air site, double click on the seats for things to happen.

Here's what I've got so far:

Boone Carlisle - E9
Shannon Rutherford - 9F
Jack Sheppard - 23A
Rose - 23D
John Locke - 24D
Kate Ryan - 27H
Edward Mars - 27G
Charlie Pace - 29C

Here's the image of the map put together:

Old 05-27-05, 07:42 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
cool map, but what does it say?
Old 05-27-05, 07:51 AM

Anybody catch the female athletes (soccer players?) that Hurley ran by in the airport? Their jersey numbers were 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, and 42 in order as he ran by them!!

Originally Posted by IDrinkMolson
Obviously, the Pirates that took Walt are from the Black Rock. They found the treasure of the Black Pearl and now have immortality.

Good to see Artz and Boone on the plane at the end.

4, 8, 15, 16, 23 and 42

Gate #: 23
Kate mentioned her reward was: 23(thousand)
Hurley's odometer: 42 Km
Old 05-27-05, 07:58 AM

Anybody catch the female athletes (soccer players?) that Hurley ran by in the airport? Their jersey numbers were 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, and 42 in order as he ran by them!!

Old 05-27-05, 09:30 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally Posted by aktick
On the subject of nanotech...I've of course heard about it, but can somebody link me to some info that would possibly help me understand how it could relate to the "monster" on the island? Thanks.
This should also help:

Old 05-27-05, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by bedhead_75
Here's a better look at the cloud thingie from the pilot episode
Whoa.
Old 05-27-05, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
Yes, but like Twin Peaks, Lost could wind up losing viewers next season if the producers don't throw a few bones at the viewers.

As season-enders go, this one one of the worst...not one important revelation in the entire episode.
Finally watched the show last night and I have to agree with the comments above.

I have been "defending" this show from the start from people wanting answers of the "mysteries" right away. My hope was that at least in the season ender, the writers and creators of the show would throw us a bone and reveal the mystery of at least of one of our big questions. That didn't happened.
Don't get me wrong there were some great moments on the 2 hour show but overall I have to give it a

I think somebody asked the question earlier in this thread whether the Korean used by the Caucasian person talking to Jin in the bathroom was accurate. Just let me tell you that I speak and understand Korean and could not understand a word of it and had to read the translation to figure out what he was saying.

At least it was great for the writers to acknowledge our speculations and comments in regards to Hurley's weight and whether the island is a "purgatory".
Old 05-27-05, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
also, in interviews with Terry O'Quinn, he asked the directors what he is looking at (regarding the moster). They told him to imagine the "most beautiful thing you've ever seen". So if it is nanotechnology, we could assume that they formed the shape of something that locke considered beautiful. and maybe they also formed into the shape of jack's dad for jack?

so they could all be manipulated by these little robots. controlled by whom?
Old 05-27-05, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
so they could all be manipulated by these little robots. controlled by whom?
Possibly by no one. Perhaps they've achieved sentience. Some scientific experiment that has had 16+ years to evolve on the island?
Old 05-27-05, 10:27 AM

I think I found another letter on the oceanic-air/seatingchart website. The seating chart did not come up immediately for me. I right-clicked and went into View Source to see this:

If you are reading this note PLEASE get word to my wife, Christina Smith that her husband, Jake survived the crash of Oceanic Flight #815 along with 47 others.
Darling, I miss you so much and dream of the day I can see your face again.
The very thought of that day is all that keeps me going here. Please don’t forget me!

Jake Smith
Old 05-27-05, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 868 Likes on 391 Posts
Originally Posted by TNDave

I missed it becauase I was distracted by #8's shorts...
Old 05-27-05, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
ANyone thought that the hatch might lead to a missle silo?

Silos
Old 05-27-05, 10:55 AM

The boat shown on that map looks awfully familiar...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.