Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

American Dreams Petition..please sign for those interested.

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 05-18-05, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NBC could at least bring this back for a 4th season and provide some type of closure to the series. Abruptly cancelling a show of this quality tells me NBC could care less about their audience. So ratings were low....so what. I realize they need viewers but is anyone else getting sick and tired of the networks leaving their audience in the dust? Please sign the petition to keep American Dreams around for a 4th season.

http://www.petitiononline.com/SaveAD/petition.html
Old 05-18-05, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It's over. The actors on the show have already started finding new jobs.

Sorry, but it's not coming back, no matter how many people sign the petition or buy the DVD's at this point. The sets have been torn down (once a show is cancelled they aren't just going to leave the sets around to waste space on the Universal lot, they'll put another tv show or movie into production on that stage that was being used by American Dreams).
Old 05-18-05, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yep - it's over. Also, these internet petitions are a waste of time and a webpage. The only way a network will listen to fans of a show is the old-fashioned way: via a real letter in the mail.

I was a huge fan, but I'm not particularly pissed at NBC for not renewing this. The ratings sucked. I'm actually thankful that they renewed it not once, but twice, after drawing poor ratings. What I am pissed at NBC for is that they didn't give proper notice to the producer that they were cancelling it, so the producers could come up with a satisfactory conclusion.
Old 05-18-05, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
I was going to say it is a bit late for this. Shouldn't this petetion been started a couple months back?
Old 05-18-05, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Red Dog

I was a huge fan, but I'm not particularly pissed at NBC for not renewing this. The ratings sucked. I'm actually thankful that they renewed it not once, but twice, after drawing poor ratings. What I am pissed at NBC for is that they didn't give proper notice to the producer that they were cancelling it, so the producers could come up with a satisfactory conclusion.
I agree. These knee-jerk anti-network cancellation reactions are getting pretty old. NBC went way out of its way to give this show more chances than it earned by ratings standards. That we got 3 seasons of this wonderful show is amazing, and I'm very thankful. Sadly, I too wish we had a better conclusion, though.

das
Old 05-18-05, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Red Dog
I agree. Any kudos NBC earned for giving the show every chance (and I agree they did) are completely erased by the absolutely shitty way they just dumped it in the end. I signed the petition anyway, even knowing the series will not return.
I wish they would at least do a series finale. Farscape finally got a mini-series to wrap things up. How did that come about?
Old 05-18-05, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
Fans can always hope for a tv movie down the road for closure.
Old 05-18-05, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Easy

Farscape finally got a mini-series to wrap things up. How did that come about?
A pretty massive and highly organized campaign that was deservedly a PR nightmare for the small channel that is Sci-Fi. There's almost no way in Hell you'd get NBC to bat an eye on this one.

das
Old 05-18-05, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

American dreams is now a nightmare.... let it go