DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Does Gilmore Girls get better later on? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/423105-does-gilmore-girls-get-better-later.html)

cartman 05-17-05 09:49 PM

Does Gilmore Girls get better later on?

Yet another TV show I've decided to try out thanks to this forum. I'm quite enjoying season 1 so far, so does the quality falter later on, or does it keep up the good work? I ask in deciding weather or not to purchase the next two seasons already.

uhftv 05-17-05 10:10 PM

The first 3-4 seasons hold up very well.

The College Years are kind of uneven to me.

dolphinboy 05-17-05 10:17 PM

Some say it slipped in season 3, but I don't agree at all. If you liked the 1st season, I thought 3 was very much the same quality. Season 4 is a little uneven, but still quite good. Season 5 just finished and maybe it's the anger still fresh in my mind, but I felt like it fell apart this season.

nny 05-18-05 01:03 AM

IMO they've never had a bad episode. Quite possibly the longest running show I've ever seen without a bad episode. This season was a little weaker, but that's just in comparison to the greatness of the entire series. I almost like the last couple years better than the first couple years though because they started throwing in some really amazing dramatic moments every once in a while.

Tscott 05-18-05 02:47 AM

I've loved all 5 seasons so far and can't wait for the 6th in the fall.

Originally Posted by cartman
I ask in deciding weather or not to purchase the next two seasons already.

Get the next two seasons already.

will travel 05-18-05 02:59 AM

The current issue of Entertainment Weekly says season 5 is the BEST Season EVER of the Gilmore Girls.
I, myself thought season 5 has been somewhat uneven.
Seasons 1, 2, and 3 are Pure Gold. IMO.

movieking 05-18-05 05:58 AM

No way Season 5 was the best. On the whole, there have been more subpar episodes than any other season, IMO.

Red Dog 05-18-05 08:42 AM

I've seen S1-4. I'm hoping WB repeats all of S5 over the summer, otherwise, I'll have to wait for the syndi run of S5 on ABC Family. The first 3 seasons were great. I think there was a slight dropoff in S4, probably because Rory heads off to college. I'm hopeful that S5 is a rebound.

MrX 05-18-05 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by movieking
No way Season 5 was the best. On the whole, there have been more subpar episodes than any other season, IMO.

Yep, there have been a couple that have just been downright awful

AndyCapps 05-18-05 10:46 AM

My wife used to have me ReplayTV it. After the first few episodes of this season, she stopped watching.

cartman 05-18-05 10:57 AM

Thanks for the responses, I'll grab S2 and 3 later today, then :). *scared about seeing S5*

Meatpants 05-18-05 11:38 AM

If you like S1, you will love S2 and S3.

garmonbozia 05-18-05 05:13 PM

yes, season 1-3 are awesome. I lost interest and stopped watching not far into season 4....the transition to college was just boring to me...few shows can pull it off.

WarriorPrincess 05-18-05 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by nny
IMO they've never had a bad episode. Quite possibly the longest running show I've ever seen without a bad episode. This season was a little weaker, but that's just in comparison to the greatness of the entire series.

I couldn't agree more. GG is still consistently in my top 5 shows to watch, and I still love the interaction of Lorelai and Rory especially, but really love the whole cast, Kirk included. :)

Eplicon 05-18-05 09:47 PM

I enjoyed the earlier seasons more, but still enjoy the show. I sorta miss the rivalry between Rory and Paris (when she was even more vain and less mature than she is now).