DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Season Pass Alert! Lost (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/423093-season-pass-alert-lost.html)

cliffzig 05-17-05 08:20 PM

Season Pass Alert! Lost

Normally I like to trust TiVo to pick up everything I ask it to, however as we have a lot of season finales approaching I decided to glance over my to do list. I noticed that TiVo was NOT scheduled to record the 2 hour finale of Lost on 5/25. The only reason I could see is that the last 3 hours all have the same name, Exodus. Since TiVo had Exodus (1) recording on 5/18, it decided not to pick up Exodus (2,3) on 5/25.

People, please micromanage your TiVo units in this crucial time! I don't wanna see a bunch of crying and stuff next week when a bunch of you miss the last 2 hours!

Meatpants 05-17-05 08:47 PM

My Tivo has both eps in the ToDo list, but thanks for the nose news :thumbsup:

cliffzig 05-17-05 08:49 PM

Might also depend if you have it set to record ALL episodes or REPEATS and FIRST RUN. In any case, everyone should check into it.

pilot 05-17-05 09:32 PM

my replaytv shows it as one episode airing from 8 to 10 so there's probably no problems for replaytv people..also looks like they're going to air tomorrow's episode next tuesday (5/24) from 8-9pm for those who may miss it ..also the two hour finale will re-run sat 5/28 8-10pm ..

riley_dude 05-18-05 09:57 AM

Mine wasnt going to record it so I put it in there and then it said it wouldnt record Alia because Lost was one minute over and it was also recording Smallville so I had to go and change the run time of Lost to record an hour over so Alias gets recorded. Too complicated for the morning.

Thanks for the heads up!

AndyCapps 05-18-05 10:44 AM

Thanks for the heads up. My ReplayTV missed the first hour of the Survivor finale because it actually started at 7 here since it was a live broadcast. Non-live stuff is tape delayed an hour so we match the Eastern time zone during this half of the year(I'm in Indiana). So I got the second half of the show and the reunion show recorded as the 2 hour finale. And the reunion show recording turned out to be 60 Minutes.

Deftones 05-18-05 10:47 AM

Bump this thread early next week. My DirecTivo is so full it's not showing any shows for next week that it is recording.

Ted The Bug 05-21-05 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by cliffzig
I noticed that TiVo was NOT scheduled to record the 2 hour finale of Lost on 5/25. The only reason I could see is that the last 3 hours all have the same name, Exodus. Since TiVo had Exodus (1) recording on 5/18, it decided not to pick up Exodus (2,3) on 5/25.

I think what happened here is that you have your LOST season pass lower than 2 season passes for shows that are on at either 9 or 10 (since LOST runs to 10:01), so it wasn't going to record LOST to get those 2 shows instead.

cliffzig 05-22-05 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Ted The Bug
I think what happened here is that you have your LOST season pass lower than 2 season passes for shows that are on at either 9 or 10 (since LOST runs to 10:01), so it wasn't going to record LOST to get those 2 shows instead.

No way, Lost is #1 in my list baby!

cliffzig 05-24-05 12:23 PM

Bump. Check your DVR units. Pad the recording just in case.
Do all the right things. Have a nice day!

Morf 05-25-05 10:10 AM

I'll bump again, even though my TiVo picked up the program just fine.

JasonF 05-25-05 10:22 AM

My TiVo has it flagged as a single 2-hour episode, which it will record.

Groucho 05-25-05 10:23 AM

I padded my recording by 12 hours in either direction, just to be sure. It's already started going.

Mordred 05-25-05 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Groucho
I padded my recording by 12 hours in either direction, just to be sure. It's already started going.

Obviously that's not all you were padding.