DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   The Simpsons --Season Finale, 1 Hr-- 05/15/05 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/422691-simpsons-season-finale-1-hr-05-15-05-a.html)

LorenzoL 05-15-05 10:38 AM

The Simpsons --Season Finale, 1 Hr-- 05/15/05

"Home Away From Homer/The Father, the Son and the Holy Guest Star", Episode #1615/09.

Spoiler:
The Flanders rent their rumpus room to a pair of college-age women who use it to run a soft-core webcam; Bart, expelled from school, is sent to a parochial school where he befriends a hip priest named Father Sean (Liam Neeson).
Cast: Dan Castellaneta, Julie Kavner, Nancy Cartwright, Yeardley Smith, Hank Azaria, Harry Shearer, Jason Bateman, Liam Neeson, Joe Mantegna.

Producer(s): James L. Brooks, Matt Groening, Al Jean.

Original Airdate: May 15, 2005.

movieking 05-15-05 06:41 PM

Following the trend from previous weeks, the second episode was better than the first.

Spoiler:
Great to see Flanders as a bad ass in an uptight town in the first episode. The Protestant/Catholic war in the second episode was good too

Brent L 05-15-05 07:11 PM

I'm loving this first episode so far.

majorjoe23 05-15-05 07:12 PM

I decided to check out www.sexyslumberparty.com, the Simpons people set it up as a site.

Brent L 05-15-05 07:16 PM

"Spank me with little boy picture!"

:lol:

IDrinkMolson 05-15-05 07:18 PM

Kind of suprising, we had a full opening title sequence tonight. Seems like it's been years since Bart wrote on the chalk board last.

Brent L 05-15-05 07:29 PM

Oh my God, these about killed me:

-The guy's eyes in that workshop getting huge and the crying.

-"Shut Up Flanders."

-Flanders- "Come on kids, we're moving back to Springfield."
-The oldest kid- "But dad, I have a girlfriend."
-Flanders- "Well now you have a penpal!"
-The oldest kid- "YAY!!!"

Something about that episode felt a lot like how The Simpsons used to. I can't place it exactly though. I guess because I enjoyed it so much, heh.

Jason 05-15-05 08:06 PM

Two good ones tonight. This season has been pretty decent overall. Hope they can keep it up next season.

resinrats 05-15-05 08:10 PM

"Millhouse, don't open your mouth!".....rats!

Bart gets expelled and opens his mouth in surprise....rat!

Good thing I was not on the edge of the couch because I would have fallen off laughing! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

LorenzoL 05-15-05 08:40 PM

Two very good episodes tonight but I definitely liked the second one better again.

The whole Protestant/Catholic war did it for me.

"Mom, you are in the Catholic Church, don't you know that chicks don't have any authority here."

"We have Boston, South America, the good part of Ireland and we are making good progress in Mozambique."

"Once you go Vatican, you don't go back."

"We should be concentrating on the real culprits, monogamous gays and stem cells."

- Homer's confession :lol:

This one was as good as the early classic episodes.

MrX 05-15-05 09:35 PM

"What are you two laughing at? And don't say Jimmy Fallon, I'll know you're lying!":lol:

Both eps were good, but the 2nd was better. Loved the two versions of heaven.

Geofferson 05-15-05 09:36 PM

Loved Homer's line to Flanders in the first episode when asked why he spread the news about the "Ned and Breakfast", "I had no choice...it was just too funny." :lol:

Quake1028 05-15-05 11:04 PM

What happened to the Flanders wife? Did she die?

MrX 05-15-05 11:18 PM

Maude? She was killed 5 years ago by a T-shirt fired from a bazooka that knocked her off the top of a set of bleachers and she fell.

Rogue588 05-15-05 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by MrX
"What are you two laughing at? And don't say Jimmy Fallon, I'll know you're lying!":lol:

:up:

Favorite line of the night. However, I disagree with all of you guys. I liked the first ep better.

Quake1028 05-16-05 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by MrX
Maude? She was killed 5 years ago by a T-shirt fired from a bazooka that knocked her off the top of a set of bleachers and she fell.

5 years? Are you serious? Man, I haven't watched new episodes in a LONG time.

movieking 05-16-05 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by MrX

I think that he said Jimmy Kimmel.

j123vt_99 05-16-05 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by movieking
I think that he said Jimmy Kimmel.

nope.. it was Fallon

Chew 05-16-05 07:27 AM

Although both Jimmy's would apply, I'm pretty sure it was Fallon too.

LorenzoL 05-16-05 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by Chew
Although both Jimmy's would apply, I'm pretty sure it was Fallon too.

Yes, Homer did say Jimmy Fallon.

twikoff 05-16-05 12:25 PM

i liked both eps.. and along with most of the lines above
i also liked when he went over to apologize and take the cookies to flanders.. The note on the front said "Im sorry <s>Stupid</s> Flanders".. that one got me, on an apology note :lol:

eightiesguy 05-16-05 01:37 PM

What was Homer's line in the second episode when her was smashing Bush?

It was something like "Korea, China, who know where we'll be in the next"

LorenzoL 05-16-05 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by eightiesguy
What was Homer's line in the second episode when her was smashing Bush?

It was something like "Korea, China, who know where we'll be in the next"

I don't remember the exact quote but it goes something like this: "North Korea? Iran? who knows what Captain Cuckoo Banana will do next?"

tycho55 05-16-05 01:57 PM

http://www.sexyslumberparty.com/

~M~ 05-16-05 02:51 PM

In the episode "Home Away From Homer/The Father, the Son and the Holy Guest Star." Homer was talking about how the priest "Liam Neeson" was in a band.

At that moment, I asked my wife if it was Judas Priest. :rimshot:

She didnt' find it very funny.