Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Survivor: Palau Season Finale **Sunday, 5/15/05 8PM**

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Who will be the Sole Survivor?
"Dolphin Boy" Ian
22.22%
Jennifer
7.94%
Katie
6.35%
Tom
63.49%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-12-05, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Episode Preview:
Spoiler:
The Final Four rethink their strategies when a once-solid alliance dissolves with the slip of a tongue.

After an emotional Tribal Council, arguments erupt, feelings are hurt and friendships are questioned.

A shocking development during the Final Immunity Challenge promises to go down in SURVIVOR history.

Tears and harsh words fuel a tense session between the Jury and the Final Two.

Was that the most intense penultimate episode of Survivor ever or what?

I'm really looking forward to the finale.

DONT FORGET!!! The finale is on this Sunday at 8PM.

Last edited by automator; 05-13-05 at 09:31 AM.
Old 05-13-05, 01:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi, I'm Neil and I'm a survivor addict. I've been reading these threads for a while and have never missed an episode of any season of survivor, but this is my first time posting. (OK, enough with the introduction).

I want Ian to win, every season I pick someone to win (basically who I want to win) in the first or second episode and Rupert in All-Stars was the closest I have been to picking the winner (he was #3 right?). Right now the only person left that I dont want to win is Jen (or Katie to a lesser extent, but at least she's played the game mentally). Jen hasn't done anything all season and just rode along with Gregg, please let her be the next to get the boot!
Old 05-13-05, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 602 Likes on 486 Posts
I'm rooting for whatever outcome makes it more likely for Jenn to do a Playboy layout.
Old 05-13-05, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts
I was hoping for either Tom or Ian to win,but after Ian's rediculously stupid decision to take Tom with him for the reward after Tom specifically told his dumb ass NOT to,I really hope it is Tom who wins.Ian dodged a major bullet with that,but no longer deserves to win IMO.
Old 05-13-05, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Maxflier
I was hoping for either Tom or Ian to win,but after Ian's rediculously stupid decision to take Tom with him for the reward after Tom specifically told his dumb ass NOT to,I really hope it is Tom who wins.Ian dodged a major bullet with that,but no longer deserves to win IMO.

I don't care to see Ian win either. Yeah, physically, he is a strong player, but there is a lot more to this game than physical ability and he has demonstrated that he hasn't a clue when it comes to strategy and interpersonal skills. He'd be fucked if it weren't for Tom.
Old 05-13-05, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
^ What he said.

Was rooting for Ian.
Now rooting for Tom.
Old 05-13-05, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by neilo13
I want Ian to win, every season I pick someone to win (basically who I want to win) in the first or second episode and Rupert in All-Stars was the closest I have been to picking the winner (he was #3 right?).
Rupert was 4th is ASS. Jenna L. flipped on him and voted along with Rob & Amber.

I think Ian is the longest shot of the four this year. He's got way too much going against him. His behavier last week (this week I guess), Katie doesn't trust him, and he won the car. No one has ever won the car and the million. I know some will say Amber got a car in ASS and the million, but she didn't win it. It was awarded to her as a result of Rob picking her to tag along to the movies after he won his car/truck.

My pick is Tom.
Old 05-13-05, 06:08 PM

Tom.

I called him from show 1 and if he wins it'll be the 3rd time I correctly picked the winner from the very start. Hatch and Ethan were the other 2. If Tom wins he goes down as the best Survivor ever.
Old 05-13-05, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm rooting for Tom all the way. He's been shown to be one the best ever. Of course he has an advantage in that because the other tribe was forced to pick themselves apart. Other strong players were always taken out early. Tom's tribe never had that chance since they won all the immunity challenges and there was no merge until the second tribe was down to one remaining member.

I known they haven't shown Jenn doing a whole lot, but I think she was the brains behind Gregg. She definitely convinced him that Steph had to go, and I think she's the one who was pushing for Tom to be gone the first chance they had. So, maybe she's playing a better game than what we think. She's got a really good shot of taking the whole thing.
Old 05-13-05, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Dog
I'm rooting for whatever outcome makes it more likely for Jenn to do a Playboy layout.
I'll co-sign on that!
Old 05-13-05, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
I'll go with Tom because I want him to win, and I think he has played a very good game. I think Ian will be the other finalist.
Old 05-14-05, 01:46 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
OK am I the only one who thinks Caryn looks like Scott Thompson from Kids in the Hall?

Old 05-14-05, 07:21 AM

OK am I the only one who thinks Caryn looks like Scott Thompson from Kids in the Hall?
HOLY CRAP!! How did I not notice that all season??? I 100% agree. In fact I think that they are the same person and during the reunion show instead of Wanda singing, Caryn will reveal herself to be Scott Thompson and break out into song (maybe "I'm Gay" from Brain Candy?).

Now, as far as my vote for Ian to win, when I pick someone to win at the start of the season, it's exactly that, who I want to win, not who I would bet on to win. Maybe I should start picking 2 people next season, 1 to root for and 1 to bet on. Anyway, I do like Tom (he has been my #3 favorite this season, Coby is #2, he was just too much damn fun not to like) and would be happy to see Ian or Tom win.
Old 05-14-05, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 709 Likes on 517 Posts
I voted Tom. Not sure now if he'll take Ian or Katie with him since Ian keeps running his mouth. Ian just needs to be shady and not promise shit then be shady. Jenn is trying to fly under the radar and let the Tom/Ian/Katie triangle take precedence.
Old 05-14-05, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I voted for Tom. I think that he has a good chance of winning the next 2 immunity challenges.
Old 05-14-05, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I voted for Ian because I don't think Tom will be able to win next 2 IC to get to final 2. He won last IC, but lost the previous 2 ICs to Ian. And I think Katie/Ian/Jenn will vote Tom out at the next opportunity. I think it'll be Ian who will win the last IC and take Katie to the final 2. And between Katie and Ian, I think Ian will win.
Old 05-15-05, 03:39 PM
Suspended

I voted for Tom too because he seems to own the immunity challenges and he may pull a Colby. I would like to see Tom win hes cool.

Though it will probably be somebody like Jen, thats ok though shes hot and I want to bang her something about those long blond braids that really get me going

I am looking foreword to the final TC, it could either be really boring, or really pissy, can't wait.
Old 05-15-05, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I can't see Tom making it to the final two and not winning. He is an easy choice to win.
Old 05-15-05, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I voted for Jenn because she's a bigger underdog than Katie, who's just a bitch.

Jenn just has to channel Jenna from the Amazon season and run the tables on the final immunity challenges down the stretch.
Old 05-15-05, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Another vote for Tom.

By the way, if you have too many things to record at 9 PM, tonight's Desperate Housewives" is rebroadcast next Saturday at 10 PM EDT, at least in my area.
Old 05-15-05, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I want Ian to win, but I don't think he will after last week because he will likely have too many jury members voting against him. Jenn's hot but she's a b*tch in my book for pushing to vote out Stephenie
Old 05-15-05, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk God

Let's see...I can probably start watching the recording around 9:30 and catch up by the end with all the commercials and fat (like the long hike to remember 'fallen' comrades) if this finale is like the others.
Old 05-15-05, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
YES TOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Katie is so useless at challenges.

Also, I think that they should've made this challenge one continuous challenge cuz Tom had a huge lead but then had to start even with Ian. If Tom didn't get lucky with the combos, he would've lost.
Old 05-15-05, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm all for Tom winning. He played the game the best (didn't go all out and stayed relatively low on his gameplay - even though everyone knew he was a threat - and he kicked ass at most, if not all, of the challenges.)

I wouldn't want the other three to win as I can't stand them, but Jenn is a hottie who WILL get my money (in some sort of way) if she ever does do Playboy.

And btw, this is a knotty season. There's been a lot of challenges that dealt with knots. I would never win them : I HATE KNOTS!
Old 05-15-05, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Okay, folks, spoilers will be showing up in a furious pace, so if you don't want to know, stop reading this thread!!!

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.