Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Enterprise *2 hour Series Finale* 05/13/05

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-05, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
Originally Posted by riley_dude
I wondered the same thing. Are there cameras everywhere on a Starship filming from different angles? Another thing B and B didnt think about.
Well, there are cameras on a starship filming...see the Kirk/Sarek scene in Star Trek III.

Last edited by Shannon Nutt; 05-17-05 at 06:53 PM.
Old 05-17-05, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
[QUOTE=Shannon Nutt][QUOTE=riley_dude]I wondered the same thing. Are there cameras everywhere on a Starship filming from different angles? Another thing B and B didnt think about.

Well, there are cameras on a starship filming...see the Kirk/Sarek scene in Star Trek III.
In other words when the plot calls for it.
Old 05-17-05, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Chew
Although it pains me to do so, I'll have to defend B&B on the topic of private conversations on the holodeck. We've seen plenty of instances on other Trek shows where the holodeck is able to "create" a character based on what history knows about the person and even moreso, how their personal logs read. While what was said by each person may not 100% accurate, we can assume the computer is able to make a pretty good "guess".
My beef with the holodeck thing is that at one point Riker as chef asks T'Pol personal questions about her and Trip's relationship. Obviously, Riker was asking whatever questions he wanted and holodeck T'Pol answered them according to the way the computer believed she would.

A few scenes later, when Riker is simply an onlooker of historical holodeck footage in the shuttlecraft, T'Pol--in that footage--refers back to the conversation she just had with Riker! Impossible!
Old 05-17-05, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Originally Posted by JuryDuty
My beef with the holodeck thing is that at one point Riker as chef asks T'Pol personal questions about her and Trip's relationship. Obviously, Riker was asking whatever questions he wanted and holodeck T'Pol answered them according to the way the computer believed she would.

A few scenes later, when Riker is simply an onlooker of historical holodeck footage in the shuttlecraft, T'Pol--in that footage--refers back to the conversation she just had with Riker! Impossible!

That wasn't the most farcical aspect of it. I don't know how anyone, particularly Riker, has T'Pol alone in the holodeck and doesn't, you know.
Old 05-17-05, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 241 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by riley_dude
I wondered the same thing. Are there cameras everywhere on a Starship filming from different angles?

Actually, I think there are. At least, a lot of what goes on is recorded.
Old 05-17-05, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Historial documents"
Old 05-17-05, 08:21 PM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Dog
That wasn't the most farcical aspect of it. I don't know how anyone, particularly Riker, has T'Pol alone in the holodeck and doesn't, you know.
Well, he did kiss her on the cheek.
Old 05-17-05, 11:51 PM
BT
DVD Talk Special Edition

Did anyone else catch Riker's line towards the end when he said, "All good things..."? I thought that was a nice reference to the final episode(s) of a better series...
Old 05-18-05, 07:20 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Red Dog
Hey, it wasn't QUARK going into a Holosuite!!
Old 05-18-05, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
Originally Posted by BT
Did anyone else catch Riker's line towards the end when he said, "All good things..."? I thought that was a nice reference to the final episode(s) of a better series...
I thought this was in the Trip/Malcolm conversation? Can't remember which one of them said it...I think it was Malcolm.
Old 05-23-05, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well I didn't even watch this until last night.. I thought the finale really crapped in the face of the show and fans. To make the series finale part of a minor subplot of a minor episode of another series.. Wow.

I actually LIKED Riker and Troi being there because it felt like a TNG episode and that's my all-time favorite TV series. Made me really miss TNG and wish that show had gone on longer. I watched the show as a kid and teen so I guess it's a sentimental favorite. Was there really the idea of having a Titan series with Riker? Dang, wish they'd gone ahead with that. I'd like to see the next series be in the TNG era with at least a couple of the same characters. Of course has to be done by someone with talent and not B&B obviously. Do an arc show instead of almost purely episodic. Has to be hard to come up with new ideas when it comes to individual episode stories at this point.