DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Elvis week on CBS. (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/421692-elvis-week-cbs.html)

Sonny Corinthos 05-08-05 07:17 AM

Elvis week on CBS.

A two part mini-series that airs tonight and wraps up Wednesday night. Elvis: By The Presley's is a two hour special that airs Friday night at 8:00pm. Being a huge Elvis fan, I'm looking forward to these shows. Is anyone else planning on viewing them?

68ShelbyGT500KR 05-08-05 07:26 AM

I am going to watch this min-series. Hopefully it will be entertaining since I don't watch too much TV at all anymore.

Emma311 05-08-05 02:18 PM

I'm going to watch. I've liked Jonathan Rhys Meyers since I saw him in Velvet Goldmine & even though he seems like a strange choice for this role, I still gotta see it. Plus I wanna check out Rose McGowan in it. I don't know as much about Elvis as a lot of people do so I'm sure I'll be entertained.

Sonny Corinthos 05-09-05 10:44 AM

Anyone catch the first part of the two part mini-series last night? I thought it was pretty good. Randy Quaid (sp) has Col Parker down pat. It is a shame that he was in total control of Elvis' career. If he could have gotten away from Col Parker, he would have had a much better selection of movie roles than the junk he was in.

Shannon Nutt 05-09-05 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Sonny Corinthos
Anyone catch the first part of the two part mini-series last night? I thought it was pretty good. Randy Quaid (sp) has Col Parker down pat. It is a shame that he was in total control of Elvis' career. If he could have gotten away from Col Parker, he would have had a much better selection of movie roles than the junk he was in.

Well, I guess it's one of those "what if" questions...I mean, without the Col, would Elvis had become as famous as he did? We'll just never know...

The only thing that is bothering me about this mini-series is when Elvis is singing. It's nice they are using his real music, but they didn't do a very good job matching Meyers' lip-synching to the original songs.

Quaid is great as the Col., but since no one's mentioned him yet, how about a big thumbs up for Robert Patrick as Vernon Presley?! I think he's doing a terrific job.

Gil Jawetz 05-09-05 12:29 PM

DVR'd it in HD. I'll probably save it on there for a long time, then delete it unwatched. Oh well. Cool casting for the king, tho.

kantonburg 05-09-05 02:07 PM

I just finished the first part and throughly enjoyed it. I came along long after Elvis left but have always been intrigued with his fame. Not a big fan of the music but can appreciate the impact he had on America.

aktick 05-09-05 02:14 PM

Grrrr, I meant to Tivo this, but was already recording Family Guy and Deadwood...of course I could've just recorded Deadwood any other time, but my head was way up my arse last night.

Is the first part going to be on cable at all or repeated on CBS? Thanks.

Shannon Nutt 05-10-05 02:05 PM

aktick - I'm sure a DVD is in the works and will be released sooner or later.