Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

SNL 05/07/05 - H: Johnny Knoxville; MG: System of a Down

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-05, 12:44 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
SNL 05/07/05 - H: Johnny Knoxville; MG: System of a Down

Only one more week until the return of Will Ferrell (... and I am going to try to be there!!!!)!

... until then we have these guys to look forward to!

THe Charlie Goose Season 30 Tally is now tied at 8 s to 8 s... will this become a losing season? Stay tuned!

<hr>
Season 30 (now with the "Charlie Goose 'Spartacus-Meter'" v. ):

SNL 10/02/04 - H: Ben Affleck; MG: Nelly

SNL 10/04/04 - Best of... Cheri Oteri

SNL 10/09/04 - H & MG: Queen Latifah

SNL 10/16/04 - Best of... Jimmy Fallon

SNL 10/23/04 - H: Jude Law; MG: Ashlee Simpson

SNL 10/30/04 - H: Kate Winslet; MG: Eminem

SNL 11/06/04 - Best of... Tom Hanks

SNL 11/13/04 - H: Liam Neeson; MG: Modest Mouse

SNL 11/20/04 - H: Luke Wilson; MG: U2

SNL 12/11/04 - H: Colin Farrell; MG: Scissor Sisters

SNL 12/18/04 - H: Robert Dinero; MG: Beyonce Knowles

SNL 01/15/05 - H: Topher Grace Jennifer Garner; MG: The Killers

SNL 01/22/05 - H: Paul Giamatti; MG: Ludacris w/ Sum 41

SNL 02/05/05 - H: Paris Hilton; MG: Keane

SNL 02/12/05 - H: Jason Bateman; MG: Kelley Clarkson

SNL 03/12/05 - H: David Spade; MG: Jack Johnson

SNL 03/19/05 - H: Ashton Kutcher; MG: Gwen Stephani

SNL 04/09/05 - H: Cameron Diaz; MG: Green Day

SNL 04/16/05 - H: Tom Brady; MG: Beck

Last edited by Goldberg74; 05-07-05 at 12:47 PM.
Old 05-07-05, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Awesome, i love watching Johnny Knoxville. Not a big fan of System's new song BYOB, but i'll try and tune in.
Old 05-07-05, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can't stand Knoxville, but with the rumoured guests dropping in, I'll check it out.
Old 05-07-05, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Originally Posted by movieking
Can't stand Knoxville, but with the rumoured guests dropping in, I'll check it out.
The only one rumoured guest that I'm aware of is
Spoiler:
Paula Abdul.
Who else is supposed to be there?
Old 05-07-05, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I can't remember who else, but in one of the reports mentioning who you spoilered, it mentioned another one or two people. No one really jawdropping though.

I can't find the article anywhere now.

Maybe I just dreamed it
Old 05-07-05, 03:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe if there are other "special guests" they'll be
Spoiler:
some of the crew from the new Dukes of Hazzard movie he's in, or of course Jackass. Oh how I'd love to see Steve-O come on and do something really insane on live tv
Old 05-07-05, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

good start.. always fun to see celebrities make fun of themselves
Old 05-07-05, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It is good to see celebrities who aren't afraid to poke fun at themselves.

Too bad the sketch sucked.
Old 05-07-05, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

good intro by Knoxville.. actually best intro of the season

Last edited by j123vt_99; 05-07-05 at 10:40 PM.
Old 05-07-05, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Really? Another "Trump-makes-a-commercial" sketches? Does the crew not realize they're horrible?
Old 05-07-05, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

breaking news... sanz laughs in a skit
Old 05-07-05, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, I counted at least the guy screaming "fuck you" make it through... They screwed up the mute once too, not sure if fuck made it through or not that time. It's retarded they even mute it, it's past midnight and, as we learned with the Leno New Year's Eve thing, the FCC can't do a damn thing about it.
Old 05-07-05, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by coladar
Well, I counted at least the guy screaming "fuck you" make it through... They screwed up the mute once too, not sure if fuck made it through or not that time. It's retarded they even mute it, it's past midnight and, as we learned with the Leno New Year's Eve thing, the FCC can't do a damn thing about it.
I believe they only really had the "where the fuck are you" line planned to bleep, so that other one was lets just say unscrpited. I guess they play next at what 1245?
Old 05-07-05, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Good 'ole Merv the Perv.
Old 05-07-05, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Wow, they're doing Aerials? I'm surprised they're doing anything off the old albums, but since they did, I'm downright shocked it wasn't Chop Suey. Odd.
Old 05-07-05, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I dont know System that well(I must be getting old) but thought they were really good.
Old 05-07-05, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bear City!!!
Old 05-07-05, 11:53 PM

Bear City?!?!?!

When will they learn?
Old 05-07-05, 11:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by coladar
Wow, they're doing Aerials? I'm surprised they're doing anything off the old albums, but since they did, I'm downright shocked it wasn't Chop Suey. Odd.
Yeah, I was definitely surprised by this. I would've definitely preferred "Chop Suey". Better song, IMO.

K
Old 05-08-05, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I’ll give this one a . Most of the cast was great tonight. Knoxville was a pretty much a zero as host, but he didn’t have much to do.

Fallen Idol expose
Going back over old American Idol footage to see if Paula Abdul slept with any other contestant, including Maya Rudolph as Mario Vasquez and Justin Guarini. Forte was funny as a croaking Constantine. Abdul herself made an appearance at the end to give the “LIVE!…” line. Would’ve been funnier if she wasn’t there.

Monologue
Knoxville showing film of him being introduced to the cast, and them pulling Jackass-style stunts on him. Even Don Pardo knees him in the balls.

The Couple that Should be Divorced
Three couples get together, and one couple are constantly sniping and belittling each other, leaving the other couples to feel very awkward. Myers & Poehler as the fighting couple. Not too bad.

Donald Trump
Trump dressed as a slice of pizza doing a Domino’s commercial, which he cluelessly calls Dominio’s. Typical skit about what a douche Trump is. If it weren’t for this character, would we ever see Hammond?

Donatella Versace
In Calabria Italy to visit her mother. Fellatio Sanz makes an appearance as Elton John and Knoxville as his boyfriend. One skit, and Sanz just can’t make it through without breaking up for no reason. Fucker. This was not as funny as other Donatella skits.

Visitors from Outer Space
Forte is a bumpkin captured by aliens who pretend to be friendly, but all they want to do is anally probe him.

Weekend Update
Excellent tonight. Good joke about the runaway bride and how she still wants to be Mrs. John Mason, as in “Mrs. John Mason, we’re here to ask you about your husband’s murder.”
Poehler goes off on a funny rant about Angelina Jolie and her “queen-sized futon” of a mouth.
Will Forte brings on his real mother and sings her a song titled, “Mom, I’m Gonna Miss You When You’re Dead”. His singing and her reactions were totally hilarious.
Armisen appears as Richie B. the deaf comedian and the Fat Albert Nitwit as his translator. The jokes are all racist. Very funny.

Mother’s Day Brunch
Three separate tables at a restaurant during Mother’s Day Brunch.
Myers and some new guy at one table with their mother and Knoxville as their father going through a sex change, which he has no problem describing.
Finesse Mitchell and the F.A.N. at another table with their grandmother, who doesn’t recognize them or believe they are her grandsons.
Poehler and Riggle as new parents, bring their baby out for the first time.
You can see that there was a lot of set-up going into this sketch, but there was no payoff on any of it. The punch line was the baby spitting up all over Poehler and the voiceover wishing a happy Mother’s Day to all put-upon wait staff. This was a missed opportunity and a real head-scratcher.

Telethon
Knoxville as host, and Forte as one of the telephone operators who does nothing but scream, “OH NO!” into the phone. Dopey bit, but Forte was funny as usual.

Merv the Perv
Hanging around a Victoria’s Secret store to predictable results. Knoxville as his brother, Irv the Perv, pretending to be the store manager. Merv & Irv, “Victoria’s Secret? LESBO!” This character is always good.

Action News
Introducing 20 different on-air reporters, then watching them all laugh at the anchor’s silly joke. Quick and painless.

Bear City
One day, maybe not today and maybe not tomorrow, but one day T. Sean Shannon will suffer for this shit. This I vow.

Todd Foxworthy
Comedian Jeff Foxworthy’s gay brother. “If you paint the cinder blocks under your mobile home chartreuse, you might be a gay redneck.” “If you sing into the window fan to sound more like Eartha Kitt, you might be a gay redneck”
Old 05-08-05, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 120 Likes on 80 Posts
I'll give this week a laughed quite a few times. The Trump skits are pretty bad.
Old 05-08-05, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I thought that it was a great episode for the most parts. The dogs were definitely the Mother's Day skit at the restaurant, and as always, Bear City.
Old 05-08-05, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,809 Likes on 1,129 Posts
Originally Posted by movieking
I thought that it was a great episode for the most parts. The dogs were definitely the Mother's Day skit at the restaurant, and as always, Bear City.
IF the MD bit had just been about the Tranny Dad or the Annoying Baby Couple it would've worked. Granny with Altzheimer's was kinda sad.

OR even better!

Kenan playing that campbell's soup/football player's mom woulda rocked too.
Old 05-08-05, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Damn, because the telethon was so lame, I went to sleep just before the Merv sketch. Can anyone provide some one-liners from the bit for me?
Old 05-08-05, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Now, from what I understand, Lindsay Lohan is going to be the finale, with Ferrell being next week's host.

My question: Couldn't they have made Ferrell the finale? That would have been miles above a Lohan-hosted finale.

(Although, I'm sure that with Ferrell's schedule, he might not have been able to do it the week after - or something to that effect.)

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.