Reload this Page >

Justice League episode question

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Justice League episode question

Old 05-15-05, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Watched "The Clash" tonight.

Awesome episode. I wish Captain Marvel would make another appearance.
Old 05-16-05, 01:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Saw the TV ad a few days ago for the new JLU season, looking forward to the new shows. Will record them to me computer so I can wath them later.
Old 05-16-05, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
How many in a row are we going to get. I hope it isn't 3 or 4 and then we see no new ones for another 3 months.
Old 05-17-05, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I thought Hunter's Moon and The Balance were pretty boring episodes, I was very disapointed with them... but the next two look really interesting.
Old 05-20-05, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk God

reminder bump - new episode Saturday May 21.
Old 05-20-05, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Tonight, they aired the episode "Question Authority" here in Canada. Pretty easy to see where everything is headed.

As per TV Tome, there are 4 episodes left to air for season 4 after tonight's episode.
Old 05-22-05, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Question Authority was simply awsome. I love where it's going and it's really building up for these final four episodes.

The Justice Lords come back and haunt the future of the league. amazing.
Old 05-22-05, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Last night's episode was good. Funny how the big superheroes are never around when you need them.
Old 05-22-05, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
Question Authority was simply awsome. I love where it's going and it's really building up for these final four episodes.

The Justice Lords come back and haunt the future of the league. amazing.
I can't wait to watch the remaining episodes.

It's hard to believe that we get to watch the episodes first instead of being the other way around.
Old 05-23-05, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Deftones
Last night's episode was good. Funny how the big superheroes are never around when you need them.

Yep. Who's the cowboy Justice Leaguer? He is pretty much worthless.

BTW, can our Canadian forum members keep their (more specific) comments spoilered until the eps air here. Thanks.
Old 05-23-05, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Red Dog
BTW, can our Canadian forum members keep their (more specific) comments spoilered until the eps air here. Thanks.
Red Dog, are you referring to me?

Looking back to my posts in this thread, I don't feel that I "revealed" anything and just mentioned the episode title.

If you are referring to future episodes to air, that's no problem.
Old 05-23-05, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
Red Dog, are you referring to me?

Looking back to my posts in this thread, I don't feel that I "revealed" anything and just mentioned the episode title.

If you are referring to future episodes to air, that's no problem.

No. There was a more detailed comment in response to one of your general ones.
Old 05-23-05, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Dog
Yep. Who's the cowboy Justice Leaguer? He is pretty much worthless.
He's Vigilante.

The Golden Age Vigilante, Greg Saunders, first appeared in Action Comics #42 (Nov. 1941). Saunders was a country singer, "The Prairie Troubadour," but returned to Wyoming when his father, a sheriff, was killed. To fight crime, Saunders hid his face with a bandanna and took on the identity of "The Vigilante." Saunders later gained two aides, Stuff the Chinatown Kid and Billy Gunn. He joined the Seven Soldiers of Victory (aka Law's Legionnaires) but that group was lost in time for 40 years, and Saunders spent 20 years in the Old West where he fought beside many heroes of the period such as Bat Lash. He was returned to the present and has appeared sporadically, typically assisting the Justice Society of America. The Vigilante possesses no superhuman abilities but is an expert marksman, motorcyclist, horseman, hand-to-hand fighter, and tracker. This is his first significant appearance in the WB animated universe.

The Vigilante was immortalized on the silver screen in The Vigilante - Fighting Hero of the Old West - a 15-chapter movie serial shown in 1947. The character never proved as popular as such "singing cowboy" heroes as Roy Rogers and Gene Autry, and this was his only theatrical appearance.
He'll play a greater part in Hunter's Moon, I believe.

Gun based characters are always pretty troublesome in these cartoons. Deadshot isn't allowed to actually shoot anybody for example. He showed up in the earlier episode that featured the Atom also, and he was a little more effective there... they let him actually shoot robots.
Old 05-23-05, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Entertaining show last Saturday night (USA), it felt like the first act of a action movie.

Looks like this season is going to be aimed more at the older viewers than the younger.
Old 05-23-05, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
You know what I liked about Taskforce X. All the bad guys were humans without superpowers but it was still pretty good. It is to bad we can not see anyone get shot but somehow I still like Vigilante. I kind of like them putting out some of the lesser known heroes.
Old 05-23-05, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts
I really enjoyed the new (to us poor folks in the US, that is, you Canadian bastards) episode, "Suicide Squad" ... err, I mean "Task Force X". I wonder why the name change -- doesn't JLU seem to have freedom to use pretty much everyone in the DC universe? "Suicide Squad" is a much cooler name than "Task Force X", and would please fans of the comic series. I found myself rooting for the bad guys -- those goody-two-shoes in the space station could really use being taken down a rung It makes you realize how bad-ass and frightening guys like Green Lantern (I loved Deadshot's Hawkgirl comment to him) and J'onn really are.
Old 05-23-05, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,121 Posts
Originally Posted by brainee
I really enjoyed the new (to us poor folks in the US, that is, you Canadian bastards) episode, "Suicide Squad" ... err, I mean "Task Force X". I wonder why the name change -- doesn't JLU seem to have freedom to use pretty much everyone in the DC universe? "Suicide Squad" is a much cooler name than "Task Force X", and would please fans of the comic series.

Well remember, the cartoon folks still have to do things the way Warner/DC want things done. For instance, do you remember the Ep were the JL is sent into a different reality and Green Lantern's childhood heroes are brought to life? The cartoon folks wanted the Heroes to be the JSA. But DC/Warner wouldn't let them use the JSA so they created a team that mirrored the JSA instead.
Old 05-23-05, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
You have to remember who wrote Task Force X... Darwyn Cooke. He did New Frontier and in that, Suicide Squad was actually called Task Force X.
Old 05-23-05, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts
Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
You have to remember who wrote Task Force X... Darwyn Cooke. He did New Frontier and in that, Suicide Squad was actually called Task Force X.
I bow to your superior comic-book geeky knowledge I still think "Suicide Squad" is a cooler name.

I remember the JSA thing where they had to change everyone. If I remember correctly, DC/Warner had a specific objection to the JSA's portrayal in JL. The JSA was presented as the team that "wasn't real" and considered antiquated in the animated JL DC-continuity. Since DC was still in the business of selling new JSA books, they thought this would hurt the JSA's image and made Timm and company change it. I completely understand that logic. I don't see why there would objections over the portrayal of the Suicide Squad. They came across pretty bad-ass to me. And the key players are the same (Amanda Waller, Deadshot, Boomerang) -- just changed slightly from the comics. Oh well, who knows why anything is done a certain way. Still a cool episode. Hopefully we get a nice run of new episodes now in the states. What idiots in marketing think showing new episodes so sporadically is good for ratings, especially when other countries get them much earlier?
Old 05-23-05, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Might be the name itself.
Old 05-30-05, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 165 Likes on 118 Posts
Have to say this week's episode with Wonder Woman and Hawkgirl going to Hell didn't do much for me. Some nice ideas but nothing really grabbed me. And how did the Annhilator device end up in that sorceress's hands after Task Force X stole it? Did I miss an episode explaining that?
Old 05-30-05, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Originally Posted by Sierra Disc
Have to say this week's episode with Wonder Woman and Hawkgirl going to Hell didn't do much for me. Some nice ideas but nothing really grabbed me. And how did the Annhilator device end up in that sorceress's hands after Task Force X stole it? Did I miss an episode explaining that?
If you remember, at the end of the episoe where the suit was stolen, she and that black government lady that's been all over the Justice League came and took possession of it.
Old 05-30-05, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 165 Likes on 118 Posts
Ah, ok, I had forgotten that. Of course, now that the suit was destroyed in this episode, that kind of makes the whole "Task Force X" episode seem kind of pointless, doesn't it? Perhaps they'll get back into it somehow later.
Old 06-02-05, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,928 Likes on 1,491 Posts
Originally Posted by Breakfast with Girls
Might be the name itself.
Exactly. Although it is true that Task Force X was the original name anyway, the common nickname for the group was suicide squad because, well, those missions were pretty suicidal, but the villains had no choice if they wanted to be paroled. Of course, suicide and cartoons don't exactly mix well...

That JSA part... I'm kinda glad they didn't use the JSA, because it was like an alternate universe kind of thing: an homage to the past, sure, but now that everything is one big universe, it frees them up to use some of the classic characters on JLU.
Old 06-04-05, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Dammit!!!

I missed last night episode of Flashpoint. The show airs at 9:00 pm on Friday however, I was out and forgot to recorded. Usually, the Canadian station airs the repeat the show at midnight but they didn't do it last night.

Silly me.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.