Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Did anyone watch the Dr. Phil w/ Pat O'Brien?

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 05-05-05, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

I am a fan of neither, but I tivo'ed this and might watch it just to see what O'Brien says about those phone calls.
Old 05-06-05, 02:00 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It got really bad ratings. In truth, I don't see who really gives a rats ass about it? I mean, who hasn't made those type of calls at 2 in the morning after a few shots?

I find it that Dr. Phil is just oprah's whipping boy lashing out at him because of this playing into Oprah's key demographic.

Last edited by Jackskeleton; 05-06-05 at 02:04 AM.
Old 05-06-05, 02:33 AM
DVD Talk God

You call chicks up that aren't your wife and ask if they wanna go get some coke and party while you are drunk?

I think I just want to watch it more out of curiosity to see what someone's excuse would be in a situation like that.
Old 05-06-05, 03:25 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
You call chicks up that aren't your wife and ask if they wanna go get some coke and party while you are drunk?
doesn't everyone?

I mean shit, have celebs really been known to stick to one person? is it all that surprising?

I'm not making excuses for the guy, but after you hear the way dr. phil gets on his high horse and lashes him you'll just get sick of his oprah ass kissing.
Old 05-06-05, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I didn't see the O'brien ep, but I did watch the Omarossa show on Wednesday. I can't believe I actually sat through the whole interview. What a waste of time! Despite being called out too many times to count, that women will never admit to anything. Hearing Omarossa talk is like
Old 05-06-05, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I liked The Daily Show's coverage:

"Hello, this is Sandra calling on behalf of Mr. O'Brien, regarding how fucking hot you are, and whether or not you'd like to get some coke and have sex. Please get back to me at your earliest convienence. Thank you."
Old 05-06-05, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
I didn't watch the Pat O'Brien interview with Dr. Phil, but I did watch Pat's interview with Conan O'Brien last night.
Old 05-06-05, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Cartload
I didn't watch the Pat O'Brien interview with Dr. Phil, but I did watch Pat's interview with Conan O'Brien last night.
That was good, but Max's interview was even better.

"Where did you have sex with Paula Abdul?"
"In the Ass! Oh, where."

Old 05-06-05, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Deftones
That was good, but Max's interview was even better.

"Where did you have sex with Paula Abdul?"
"In the Ass! Oh, where."

Indeed
Old 05-06-05, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Just watch the video.
Old 05-06-05, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Pat O'Brien doesn't deserve to be on the air interviewing celebrities, let alone trying to pass himself off as one.
Old 05-06-05, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Oh please, who better to interview the vapid, talentless, submental hordes of bottle-blonde bimbos, himbos and lip-syncers? Edward R. Murrow?
Old 05-06-05, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I never knew Pat O'Brien was a bad boy. He seriously has two differnet personalities.
Old 05-06-05, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Richard Malloy
Oh please, who better to interview the vapid, talentless, submental hordes of bottle-blonde bimbos, himbos and lip-syncers? Edward R. Murrow?

Exactly. I mean who was this guy before? a weather man? He just moved up the ranks with them and made his name off others. His entertainment shows are target for the middle america folks who ate up all those brad/jennifer break up people magazine. The only reason why he's in trouble over this shit is because it's those nasty broads that make up his demographic that never get told this sort of things over the phone. Dr. Phil feeds these oprah watching hordes herself and just feeds them their crap.

Give him shit for the rehab, but shit, this scandel is just as bad as the paris hilton sex tape.
Old 05-06-05, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I listened to his tape and I give the guy props just for showing his face on TV again. If my drunken phone call was made public in which I was trying to get some chick to hook up with me and my mistress and mentioned about 50 times that I wanted to eat her ass I would have to move out of state and change my name. Scratch that my wife would kill me anyway so it wouldn't matter.
Old 05-06-05, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

This is truly pathetic. We got a guy who interviews celebrities going to rehab. WTF!! What in his life could be so f'd up where he has to go to rehab. Ridiculous.