DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   The Apprentice - 5/5/05 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/421442-apprentice-5-5-05-a.html)

Gil Jawetz 05-05-05 08:16 PM

The Apprentice - 5/5/05

No thread?

I like how the interview CEOs all represent companies that make total crap. Perfect examples of quality!

Craig is a friggin moron. It's a toss-up on the other two.

Gil Jawetz 05-05-05 08:18 PM

Ummm.... damn that was fast! See ya biotch.

Gil Jawetz 05-05-05 08:32 PM

??? Is no one watching this anymore? Very weird.

Either way, regarding the morons brought back to "assist" in the final competition, let me just say

http://kofc7025.freeservers.com/images/nelson_haha.jpg

nightwing82 05-05-05 08:45 PM

I'm watching. I hope Kendra wins. Glad to see Craig and his bs out of there.

Gil Jawetz 05-05-05 08:47 PM

Is Danny retarded? What the hell was happening there? I guess I'm just not a creative genius.

Dabaomb 05-05-05 08:52 PM

I love how they decided to bring back some of the most incompetant members from each team. Actually, it wasn't too hard cuz most of the candidates from this season suck.

Patman 05-05-05 09:07 PM

Now we know why such difficult people are put on the show: to just make the trainwreck more watchable for the finale.

Shadow Ace 05-05-05 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by Gil Jawetz
No thread?

I like how the interview CEOs all represent companies that make total crap. Perfect examples of quality!

Craig is a friggin moron. It's a toss-up on the other two.

I've watched the previous seasons, but for some reason just can't get into this season. I don't know if it's the personalities or what....I usually just TIVO through to the boardroom to see who gets "fired".

movieking 05-05-05 09:19 PM

I missed the first couple of minutes. Can someone tell me the companies that the interviewers were from?

Josh-da-man 05-05-05 09:22 PM

I haven't watched this in about a month. So I guess this season's winner is going to be a chick. My girlfriend is pleased even though she hates Trump. :lol:

I'd like to know how Danny's a genius at anything. All we've ever seen him do is play guitar and sing songs, and he sucks at that. He does seem to have a real talent for wasting time and alienating clients, though.

JayPen 05-05-05 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by movieking
I missed the first couple of minutes. Can someone tell me the companies that the interviewers were from?

QVC, Burger King, Dominoes and a real estate developer.

misterchimpy 05-05-05 10:37 PM

I watched it, but the show definitely feels tired at this point. How many trips to Trump's gold plated apartment can we take? The product tie-ins definitely got way out of control this season and the contestants are mostly just dull. Kendra is just annoying and not in an entertaining, drop your skirt to sell a candy bar, way. Tana actually seems like a decent person, which means that she ought to be nowhere near this show, or god forbid The Trump Organization. Go back to Iowa and save your soul before it's too late! Time to put the Donald on ice, and bring on Martha...

Pharoh 05-05-05 11:03 PM

:wave: Gil

As for your question:

Is Danny retarded?
Absolutely yes. His 'jingle' at the begining of the presentation was one of the most cringe-inducing things I have ever witnessed on television. He really does need some help.

JasonF 05-05-05 11:30 PM

I want to know what the Hell Tana was thinking when she got dressed in that bright red outfit before the boardroom meeting where they got their final assignments? It was way to slutty for a business meeting and way too ugly for ... well, for anything.

On the plus side, it had obviously been bedazzled.

Derrich 05-05-05 11:40 PM

It wasn't even 'good slutty', it was 'house wife slutty' with the fur colar and sparkly bits. I think she went for sexy but missed the mark by a wide wide margin.

D

Caliking 05-06-05 12:22 AM

that outfit was horrible. my money is on kendra...she is a little quicker on her feet. to me, her task is tougher and i think she will do better as well.

mytzplyx 05-06-05 12:29 AM

Craig was finally called out for the bullshitter he is! Damn...it was high comedy watching him search for words to make up while he stuttered through his answers while being grilled.

JLB 05-06-05 07:52 AM

Hopefully Tana has this website deliver decorations for the event:

http://www.rhinestonesu.com/default.cfm

Bill Needle 05-06-05 11:36 AM

Craig going was a no-brainer (pun intended).

Kendra seems like a quick thinker, smooth talker, and has a dark side. She will probably win, because she appears more willing to be ruthless.

Tana is much more pleasant to be around, more creative, and better working with and managing people. She gets a bad rap for being an "Iowa mom." I've done business in small towns and big cities. The surroundings are different, but when you step into the office it's people dealing with people. If it was me, I would hire Tana, especially since the jobs in reality are selling apartments for Trump or similar.

Speaking of the actual "apprenticeships," we've seen Bill Rancic a few times now, but has Kelly (I forget his last name) been seen or heard from since last season?

movieking 05-06-05 02:42 PM

I don't understand why the one interviewer said that Kendra's answers were too prepared. You are supposed to be prepared for an interview! You are supposed to anticipate questions and come up with answers beforehand. If you don't, you end up looking like Craig did - a complete bumbling idiot.

Pharoh 05-06-05 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by movieking
I don't understand why the one interviewer said that Kendra's answers were too prepared. You are supposed to be prepared for an interview! You are supposed to anticipate questions and come up with answers beforehand. If you don't, you end up looking like Craig did - a complete bumbling idiot.

One most definitely can be overprepared for an interview. It is often obvious when one has set answers rehearsed, they don't really answer the question at hand. I believe that is what the woman interviewer was referring to.

I also don't think Kendra is a very quick thinker. In fact, I find her terrible off-the-cuff.

Bill Needle 05-06-05 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Pharoh

I also don't think Kendra is a very quick thinker. In fact, I find her terrible off-the-cuff.

"Quick thinker" may be a misleading choice of words. More like "quick responder," as she doesn't hem and haw as much as many of the others. She at least appears to be decisive, even if underneath it is poorly thought out and rash.

QuikSilver 05-06-05 04:42 PM

Glad to see Craig go. He was seriously dead wait. I think Kendra will win.

movieking 05-06-05 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Pharoh
One most definitely can be overprepared for an interview. It is often obvious when one has set answers rehearsed, they don't really answer the question at hand. I believe that is what the woman interviewer was referring to.

Well obviously if they don't answer the question at hand, regardless if they are prepared or not, it doesn't come off very good. I don't believe that you can be too prepared for an interview.

Dabaomb 05-06-05 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
Kendra seems like a quick thinker, smooth talker, and has a dark side. She will probably win, because she appears more willing to be ruthless.

Speaking of the actual "apprenticeships," we've seen Bill Rancic a few times now, but has Kelly (I forget his last name) been seen or heard from since last season?

Kendra will win cuz there's no way that Trump would hire someone without at least an Undergrad college degree.

Kelly hasn't been seen cuz they filmed seasons 2 & 3 only a few weeks apart so Season 2 wasn't even finished airing on TV when they were filming season 3. My guess is that Kelly will appear on the live season finale at NYU.