Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Apprentice - 5/5/05

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-05, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think Tana will win. Kendra is too immature.
Old 05-06-05, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If you were trump, would you really vote for Tana?? Didn't she and craig go to SLEEP and let Kendra finish the whole damn project herself? SHe's weak to me. She may be entrepuener-like, but she's already shown that she isn't willing to go to the distance to get something done. To me, Kendra has that fire - that drive. I interview people all the time and if I was interviewing Craig, he would have been out of the room in 3 minutes. Tana, i would have said "golly, she's a great girl, but I don't know if she has what it takes to take a project on her shoulder and see it to completion." Kendra, I'd worry because she is younger and more aggressive, but she has that passion that's needed for any job.
Old 05-07-05, 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by taa455
I think Tana will win. Kendra is too immature.
I disagree. Kendra was the one that stayed up and developed a brochure that was USED by the company while Tana went to sleep. Kendra is one of the few who, I believe, showed real leadership/organizational skills as PM.

Tana, on the other hand, loves her Bedazzler and is a master at Mary Kay, which is not easy but organizing a group of independent sales people is not the same as being working for a large company as a leader.
Old 05-07-05, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by mytzplyx
I interview people all the time and if I was interviewing Craig, he would have been out of the room in 3 minutes. Tana, i would have said "golly, she's a great girl, but I don't know if she has what it takes to take a project on her shoulder and see it to completion." Kendra, I'd worry because she is younger and more aggressive, but she has that passion that's needed for any job.
I would ask HR to place another ad because the current applicant pool is sorely lacking.

Really they are all flawed. Craig was creative at times, but lacked communication skills, both in transmitting his vision to the workers, and when being interviewed. I really didn't think he was as shallow as the interviewers said, just that he could not communicate any depth.

Tana, is full of fire. I think too much is made of her sleeping during Kendra's project. There was more to that. Both Tana and Craig felt like they were not being used well by Kendra and that Kendra was just railroading through her own concept. No matter what, Kendra failed in getting them behind her, even if they were also to blame. There is no doubt in my mind, that this had more to do with them leaving and going to sleep. Specially since the task at that stage was one person doing layout on a computer. How much help could two other people standing around be anyway?

But back to Tana. She had drive. She has enthusiasm. She is also unsophisticated for a large company in a large city, witness the horrific furry red outfit she wore to the boardroom. Anyone else imagine Kendra saying "Yeah, Tana. That is the outfit to wear. It just whispers quiet sophistication and professionalism." Her success has been on eBay and Mary Kay. No offense to those involved in MLM or ebay stuff, but that is not the same as running a large organization of professionals.

Tana can come across as too goofy. A soccer mom on a mission. She does seem to think fast on her feet and I think she does have good people skills. She lost a lot of points in the boardroom when she tried to sell Trump on her skills because of Mary Kay and eBay....and mostly... because of that bedazzler thing. She showed she could miss the big picture and tended to hyper focus. At the end, she still never got it.

Kendra is a little immature and shows a lack of leadership and professionalism. She has creativity and drive. Yes she has passion, but passion has to be channeled in a professional and effective way. Many of the Apprentice losers had passion...but passionately screwing up is not good. I would rather have an employee that is effective. George and Caroline don't exude passion. They portary quiet confidence and professionalism, which I think are more valued in a large company like Trump's.

Kendra demonstrated her lack of leadership with Craig. Sure he can be a dick to work with. But so what? The workforce is full of Craigs and worse. She had to find out what motivated him and understand why he operates on a diffierent wavelength. Instead, she just got mad and fought with him. That is not leadership. Just imagine Caroline in the same position as Kendra dealing with Craig. She would have handled it much differently.

SO, im my opinion, we are down to choosing from two candidates, neither of whom really should be too responsible for much in the Trump organization. I would expect that this is considered of course by Trump management, the winner probably won't be responsible for an entire skyscraper development. Maybe if it was Tana, they could make her head of the bedazzler marketing group, dedicated to finding and bringing back this fashion wonder.

Anyway... I think when it comes down to it, I would pick Kendra, even though I like Tana better. I think Kendra is younger and can learn those management skills and become a better fit in the organization. I can't imagine having to train Tana and worrying she would come into the boardroom of her department wearing that red fur thing.
Old 05-08-05, 04:16 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by RandyC
SO, im my opinion, we are down to choosing from two candidates, neither of whom really should be too responsible for much in the Trump organization. I would expect that this is considered of course by Trump management, the winner probably won't be responsible for an entire skyscraper development.
"Now that you've won the Apprentice 3, [Tana or Kendra] it's time for you to pick from two exciting operations in my organization!

The first job will be at a brand new golf course property in California. You will be overseeing construction of a major new building on that property... an equipment shed for lawn mowers, hoses, and whatnot. At 200 square feet, once completed this shed will be the fourth largest of its kind on that course.

The second job will be in Atlantic City, at the prestigious Trump Plaza. You will oversee over a dozen employees as you become manager of one of the Trump Plaza snack bars. While not the main snack bar, this snack bar is a popular destination for guests who use our coat check service."
Old 05-08-05, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Rofl, DRG

Last edited by Bigsierra; 05-08-05 at 03:26 PM. Reason: for some reason, it didn't keep all caps.
Old 05-09-05, 09:10 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
This episode had an interesting revelation: Tana is a Mormon.
Old 05-09-05, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

You're taking the definition of the word "interesting" to bold, exciting, new places.
Old 05-09-05, 09:58 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
The season has been so dull, that's pretty much the highlight to date.
Old 05-09-05, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by mytzplyx
If you were trump, would you really vote for Tana?? Didn't she and craig go to SLEEP and let Kendra finish the whole damn project herself? SHe's weak to me. She may be entrepuener-like, but she's already shown that she isn't willing to go to the distance to get something done. To me, Kendra has that fire - that drive. I interview people all the time and if I was interviewing Craig, he would have been out of the room in 3 minutes. Tana, i would have said "golly, she's a great girl, but I don't know if she has what it takes to take a project on her shoulder and see it to completion." Kendra, I'd worry because she is younger and more aggressive, but she has that passion that's needed for any job.
Kendra would never tell Tana and Craig what she wanted to do. Kendra works better on her own. She does not seem to work well with others and can be immature and pouty. That said, Tana should not have left and gone to sleep. It is going to come back and bite her/cost her the job.
Old 05-09-05, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Kendra told them a hundred times what she wanted and they didn't listen. She was like "I want a round booklet with definitions of cool terms" and craig looked at her and was like "you have no ideas." It was retarded.
Old 05-09-05, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Gil Jawetz
Kendra told them a hundred times what she wanted and they didn't listen. She was like "I want a round booklet with definitions of cool terms" and craig looked at her and was like "you have no ideas." It was retarded.
Oh well....that is what I get for balancing my checkbook while "watching" the show.

I still don't like Kendra.
Old 05-09-05, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Why do people here still think that the apprentice will be "running one of the Trump Organizations?"

Come on!! Bill is a sales guy in Chicago - if you are interested in leasing corporate or residential space - you meet with Bill.

"Hey aren't you Bill, the winner from the apprentice?"

"Yes - now let me show you the space we have available on the 65th floor, we have a wide range of floor plans that we can customize to your organizations needs."

Tanna is a sales person through-and-through....she would be great at showing floor plans to potential clients.
Old 05-11-05, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
I'd like to know how Danny's a genius at anything. All we've ever seen him do is play guitar and sing songs, and he sucks at that. He does seem to have a real talent for wasting time and alienating clients, though.
You know who Danny reminds me of? The old Blues musician on In Living Color. "I wrote a song about it...Would you like to hear it? Here it goes." And then the song sounds basically the same everytime with the lyrics changed.
Old 05-11-05, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by dvd_talker
You know who Danny reminds me of? The old Blues musician on In Living Color. "I wrote a song about it...Would you like to hear it? Here it goes." And then the song sounds basically the same everytime with the lyrics changed.
I think Danny did more to damage his advertising/consulting company than anyone has ever in the history of reality television. Which fortune 500 companies are he advising/consulting with? Enron? GM? Worldcom? Whoever hired him to consult deserves what they get.
Old 05-11-05, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I still can't get over how stupid Danny is. The way he said "we have alittle jingle that we start our proposal with" and then mumbled through it like he didn't even want to do it. If he didn't want to belt that damn song out then why do it at all? It's not like Kendra forced him to. I seriously doubt that they ever even discussed starting their proposal with a jingle, which is like opening up you skiing competition with alligator wrestling: Totally beside the point (although my example would kind of rule)
Old 05-11-05, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by DRG
"Now that you've won the Apprentice 3, [Tana or Kendra] it's time for you to pick from two exciting operations in my organization!

The first job will be at a brand new golf course property in California. You will be overseeing construction of a major new building on that property... an equipment shed for lawn mowers, hoses, and whatnot. At 200 square feet, once completed this shed will be the fourth largest of its kind on that course.

The second job will be in Atlantic City, at the prestigious Trump Plaza. You will oversee over a dozen employees as you become manager of one of the Trump Plaza snack bars. While not the main snack bar, this snack bar is a popular destination for guests who use our coat check service."
This is even funnier if ya read it in the voice of the guy who does Trump on SNL.

Da duh duh da daaa Dominioes!
Old 05-11-05, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by BassDude
This is even funnier if ya read it in the voice of the guy who does Trump on SNL.

Da duh duh da daaa Dominioes!
to both of you
Old 05-11-05, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts
Originally Posted by Gil Jawetz
I still can't get over how stupid Danny is. The way he said "we have alittle jingle that we start our proposal with" and then mumbled through it like he didn't even want to do it. If he didn't want to belt that damn song out then why do it at all? It's not like Kendra forced him to. I seriously doubt that they ever even discussed starting their proposal with a jingle, which is like opening up you skiing competition with alligator wrestling: Totally beside the point (although my example would kind of rule)
What a pitch he made: Long, awkward pauses intermingled with snippets of an infantile and pointless jingle. Too bad he didn't have them join in a circle, hold hands, and share their feelings first.
Old 05-11-05, 11:43 PM
Suspended

Location: Indianapolis, IN. Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends. We're so glad you could attend. Come inside! Come inside!
Received 551 Likes on 380 Posts
Mormon?

Originally Posted by Groucho
Wasn't Tana drinking champagne towards the end.
Old 05-12-05, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
What a pitch he made: Long, awkward pauses intermingled with snippets of an infantile and pointless jingle. Too bad he didn't have them join in a circle, hold hands, and share their feelings first.
And the funny thing is, it wasn't even a pitch. They had the "job" of staging the even and it was time to get down to business and update them on what was happening. Giving Danny the benefit of the doubt (which he doesn't deserve) and saying that his "jingle" had some entertainment value, it wasn't the time or place for it. I can't believe he runs a real business.
Old 05-12-05, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts
Originally Posted by Groucho
If she is, she's a cafeteria Mormon.