Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

"Blade" TV movie coming to Spike TV

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

"Blade" TV movie coming to Spike TV

Old 07-01-06, 12:37 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
look it's not as good as the Blade movies but hey for free tv, it aint too shabby

Needs some polishing, needs to hire Samo Hung as fight choreographer and need to show some titties but otherwise, potential is there
Old 07-03-06, 08:01 PM

Received 798 Likes on 521 Posts
The pilot is available as a FREE DOWNLOAD from iTunes until July 11th.
Old 07-05-06, 10:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tonight's episode was an improvement over the pilot, but I was really surprised
Spoiler:
they killed Fritz so early.

I'm in for the next couple of eps.
Old 07-05-06, 10:09 PM

Not a bad episode. I like how they show things from the perspective of the vampires instead of simply focusing on Blade's vendetta.
Old 07-05-06, 10:10 PM

Considering I made it through about 5 or 6 minutes into the pilot, that I sat through the entire episode, yeah, major improvement.
Old 07-07-06, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

that's what i'm liking about it.....

blade is interesting. but kinda one dimensional. the vampires, oto, are a ton more interesting. and i like the struggle with the girl being a vamp and wanting to get the vamps back.....
Old 07-08-06, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
I enjoyed the 2 hour pilot, but I think Kirk "Sticky" Jones needs to stop immitating Wesley Snipes and try to make Blade his own.

But, the good thing about this series is the Executive Producer is David Goyer who wrote all 3 Blade movies.
Old 07-09-06, 02:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

missed the pilot but I caught what I guess it the 3rd ep being the pilot is really 2eps back to back.. It's not that bad for a tv project.. Better production value then I thought there would be, but then again I will admit that I'm a huge fan of B grade films in the first place so I'm pretty forgiving.

Yeah sticky is trying too hard to "play snipes playing blade" vs just playing the character on his own but at least the ep I saw did not really focus just on him too much, so it was not that bad. As some others have mentioned blade seems to get "Pushed around" a little too much. In the films he is the thing every other vamp fears, in the show they sort of seem more like an even match in many cases.

I've watched worse for less action etc so I'll give this show a few more shots. Not like there is much else new on tv for summer unless one likes reality tv and I do not.
Old 07-09-06, 10:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DJariya
But, the good thing about this series is the Executive Producer is David Goyer who wrote all 3 Blade movies.
But Blade: Trinity is a result of him having script and directing control.
Old 07-10-06, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,025 Posts
Eh, I actually liked Trinity - better than Blade II, definitely.

The first two eps were...okay. The fight choreography REALLY sucks. What's the guy who did the fights on Angel doing these days? I'm hoping it's a Highlander: The Series-type situation, where the actor gets better at the physical stuff over time. I think they have the look down pretty well and some good production value otherwise.

A question though: I swear Blade's partner said that the serum he was using was left over from "Sommerfield", who was Natasha Lyonne's character in "Trinity." If they are keeping this in the chronology, why is their no explanation about all of the vampires dying? Seems weird to tie it to the movies so closely. I wonder if they will address it?

Anyway, it's not bad - something to watch in the summer anyway.
Old 07-19-06, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

damn i am liking this show.

not much love for it here i guess...but it's progressing *very* nicely...
Old 07-20-06, 03:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I like how every episode they find an excuse to get Krista out of her clothes. Not that I'm complaining. Wouldn't mind seeing what that blonde vampire chick has going on under her clothes.
Old 07-20-06, 01:32 PM

So far I've seen the Pilot and the episode after it. I've got a few episodes to watch I have on my DVR.

I'm somewhat liking it.

I have to agree though that he's not Blade. I always thought the hole aspect of Blade was so cool. I went into the first movie not knowing much about it except that it was a Vampire movie. That opening scene with Blade sold the movie for me.

This Blade just get shoved/pushed/beat up....you name it. They made him a little too wimpy.
Old 07-20-06, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

well....he gets a bit tougher as it goes on. they get some neat weapons from time to time....and the fight scenes are choreographed a bit better....and they're much shorter which helps.

last episode wasn't hella-exciting....or move the story along too much....but a good episode none-the-less. little surprised about the street-preacher guy.