ER -- "You Are Here" -- 05.05.2005

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-05, 03:49 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"You Are Here"

Spoiler:
Dr. Morris (Scott Grimes) has been appointed the new chief resident and immediately locks horns with Dr. Pratt (Mekhi Phifer) as they deal with the casualties from a fire at an apartment building. Dr. Lewis (Sherry Stringfield) is taking out her frustration from not being tenured on Dr. Carter (Noah Wyle). Dr. Weaver (Laura Innes) tries to calm Lewis down, but only makes things worse. Ray (Shane West) heeds the advice of several doctors at the hospital and sends a teenaged sickle cell anemic patient home.
Old 05-05-05, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
So, it's possible to buy tenure. While Susan is hurting from getting the tenure snub, I thing it'll work out by the end of Carter's 11-year run on the show.

Ray finally puts down his guitar for a night to be a doctor to a young teen with a bad situation at home due to his mom's boyfriend.

Abby is deemed a "keeper" by Jake's family at christening of his godchild. Abby's own nutty family make her compare and contrast her own familial history with Jake's.

Pratt gets sucked into his past life a little bit, but one of his homeboys has a little too much to drink and start popping off things with his handgun, which is a situation that Pratt doesn't need to be in.

Oh yeah, Morris is now the Chief Resident, and got absolutely no love from the ER at all.
Old 05-05-05, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
I hope Pratt kicks Morris's ass one of these days. Morris isn't 10% of the doctor that Greg is.

Weaver hosed Susan.
Old 05-05-05, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I don't watch this show very often anymore, but it's amazing how good it still is when I do. And the cast is fantastic.

Does anyone know what song they were listening to in the car, when Luka changed the station? I was just getting it to "click" in my head when he turned the dial.
Old 05-05-05, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Pink - Trouble

The episode was good. I'm always happy whenever Donal Logue is on the show, as he and Lewis's relationship is always a high point in the ER. The show desperately needs a few stable relationships that actually work and last seasons at a time (hint: Abby and Jake).

Morris, while being a moron, could come into his own as chief resident. Here's hoping the position humbles him a bit...

Pratt definitely should stay away from his past. It's gotten him into trouble more than once, and he should know better.
Old 05-05-05, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by invisiblegt
Pink - Trouble

Thank You.
Old 05-06-05, 12:00 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Originally Posted by B.A.
Weaver hosed Susan.
Not really, $75,000 in grants for someone who's been at a place 7 years is pretty pathetic. I'm surprised they didn't use the time Susan was away as part of the reason. But I think she'll get it in the finale.

Everyone's reaction to Morris being named chief resident was funny
Old 05-06-05, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

There were some funny lines in the episode...

"I wonder what Abby is gonna say when she finds out..."
"...Jesus Christ"

"What about you Neela?"
"The Apprentice is on"
Old 05-06-05, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally Posted by MrX
Not really, $75,000 in grants for someone who's been at a place 7 years is pretty pathetic. I'm surprised they didn't use the time Susan was away as part of the reason. But I think she'll get it in the finale.
I was looking at it from the point of view that everyone has their strengths and their weaknesses - no one is perfect.
Old 05-06-05, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by B.A.
I was looking at it from the point of view that everyone has their strengths and their weaknesses - no one is perfect.
true, but if it like they said and that you are supposed to bring in at least enough money to cover your own salary, than she is about 7 years behind. $75k probably doesn't even cover one year of her salary.

Carter is going to give it to her anyway.
Old 05-06-05, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
"the apprentice is on" by Neela was the best line i've heard in a while. And she was the best person to say it because she doesn't come across as the TV type.
Old 05-06-05, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Joeboo835
"the apprentice is on" by Neela was the best line i've heard in a while. And she was the best person to say it because she doesn't come across as the TV type.
3rd me on that. Short but sweet.

Good acting all around. Lewis was always one of my favorite docs.
Old 05-06-05, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Carter is gangstaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Old 05-07-05, 12:24 AM

I agree, I think Susan will get it in the last episode when Carter leaves.

I also think that Morris might just get flattened in the "explosion" they keep showing in the previews which will force Pratt into the position. Or maybe that's just wishful thinking.