DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   The Shield "Cut Throat" 5/3/05 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/421091-shield-cut-throat-5-3-05-a.html)

Geofferson 05-03-05 04:50 PM

The Shield "Cut Throat" 5/3/05

"Cut Throat"

Monica and Vic rush to get their informants off the street after two C.I.'s are found brutally murdered. As Dutch and Claudette investigate a brutal beating and robbery, a case from the past forces Dutch to take one in the line of duty. Vic suspects he's being set up when Shane comes to him after his situation with Antwon and Halpern spins out of control.

johnglass 05-03-05 04:58 PM

:thumbsup: Can't wait for this!

mikehunt 05-03-05 10:12 PM

watching the rerun
the hooker looks a lot like the female patrol cop

DVDsAreMyLIFE 05-03-05 10:17 PM

The hooker is hot as hell, and has a nice ass. Anyone know why the week delay?

Jadow 05-03-05 10:19 PM

i would have plugged shane, then hunted down army.

MrX 05-03-05 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by DVDsAreMyLIFE
Anyone know why the week delay?

They're showing Independence Day for the 5,000,000 time.

I was waiting for the Captain to come knock on the window of the car when Vic was finger banging Danny:lol:

I can't wait for Acevada to get taken down.

The episode in two weeks looks good. The Boomtown episode where they were searching for the
Spoiler:
missing cop
was one of the series best episodes.

Jackskeleton 05-03-05 11:39 PM

the episode rocked. though even if it was even more set up

dadaluholla 05-04-05 08:00 AM

Does anyone know what the song was that Vic was listening to while he was driving at the beginning? The one that got drowned out by the rap. Sounded like Alice in Chains but I can't recall the title....

THANKS.

Red Dog 05-04-05 08:29 AM

Aceveda is one fucked-up person.

Army shooting the guy reminded me of Pulp Fiction.

TK-421 05-04-05 08:40 AM

Those last 5 minutes were some of the most tense in the show's history. I really thought he was gonna shoot him.

Holysmoker 05-04-05 08:42 AM

Sounded like Alice in Chains but I can't recall the title....
You are correct sir! It was Nutshell from the Jar of Flies cd.

Great ep.!!!

Red Dog 05-04-05 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by dadaluholla
Does anyone know what the song was that Vic was listening to while he was driving at the beginning? The one that got drowned out by the rap. Sounded like Alice in Chains but I can't recall the title....

THANKS.

I haven't listened to Alice in Chains for several years but I remember thinking to myself last night....I don't know who the band is but they sure sound like Alice in Chains. :lol:

Sweet Baby James 05-04-05 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Red Dog

Agreed.:) I also enjoyed watching Dutchboy shit his pants when Mrs. Mackey dropped by the station.:lol:

Meatpants 05-04-05 10:27 AM

Great last 5 minutes. Once again, Shane trying to pull a Vic blows up in his face. :lol:

Every time you almost start to feel sorry for Vic, he does something like that with Dani.

So who's going to find out about Assinvader? It won't be Vic, they've done that one before. I'm going to assume it's the new captain.

Dutch is going to be in so much shit when Vic finds out about -ohbfrank-

dadaluholla 05-04-05 10:32 AM

Holysmoker, thanks for confirming my music guess. I need to pick up that EP. I haven't heard it in years.

This season is so great. I was a little unsure at first but DAMN its intense.

Michael T Hudson 05-04-05 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Red Dog

Army shooting the guy reminded me of Pulp Fiction.

Agreed I told my wife I shot Marvin in the face. :)

uteotw 05-04-05 11:28 AM

Aceveda needs to get straightened out one way or another. He is REALLY messed up.

Too bad Shane didn't fess up BEFORE Vic pulled his (big) gun. Then his tears may have been a bit more credible.

I loved Dutch trying to make his messed up suit sound real cool to Vic's ex, even though it was only coffee. (And look how fast he had to "get going" once he saw Vic there. Vic ain't stupid and he'd notice a look...)

Jackskeleton 05-04-05 02:17 PM

I think the Aceveda stuff is going to be a tool that they use to get Vic out of trouble. Perhaps he finds out and then has the leaverage on the situation.

The dutch stuff is starting to heat up and then I can picture dutch coming across the back pack full of money.

The spy that glenn close planted to prove vic is straight will end up screwing up somehow and finding something that he wasn't suppose to, I would venture to guess.

chrisih8u 05-04-05 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Jackskeleton

The dutch stuff is starting to heat up and then I can picture dutch coming across the back pack full of money.

Corrine is the worst hider ever. :lol:

Should be great when Vic explains things to Lem and Ronnie. Too bad we have to wait for so long. :(

DJ_Spyder 05-04-05 07:13 PM

For a moment there I thought Army would step out of the shadows and shoot Vic while Shane distracted him oh well so much for that idea. It's going to be interesting how the situation between Vic Shane and Antwon will now play out. As for Aceveda he is becoming a real bastard I hope that he gets caught for his extra maritial affairs with that prostitute and soon. Corrine what are you thinking girl? Hiding that money in the kitchen totally lame on her part it's only a mater of time before Dutchboy finds it.

Chew 05-05-05 06:14 AM

I think this show could've done a better job at masking the fact Dutch will find the money, since I see everybody had the same thought I did. :lol:

Loved the last scene. :up:

Deftones 05-05-05 11:09 AM

I don't think I've ever loved this show more. That ANC song in the beginning was a perfect fit for the show and the lyrics mirror exactly what Vic is going through. :up:

Manco 05-05-05 04:28 PM

Is that money some of the money train cash they saved?

MrX 05-05-05 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Manco
Is that money some of the money train cash they saved?

I would assume so

That would tie in with Dutch eventually finding it since Claudette and him were the lead detectives at the robbery scene.

Cusm 05-06-05 10:16 AM

Would that be considered an illegal search?