Reload this Page >

Twenty Four (24): Day 4, 2:00AM - 3:00AM, 05/02/05

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Twenty Four (24): Day 4, 2:00AM - 3:00AM, 05/02/05

Old 05-04-05, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 945 Likes on 667 Posts
Originally Posted by johnglass
I've got to disagree with you, there needs to be a standard. The 'Charlie' episode of Lost aired last December, what is the acceptable time to wait before assuming you're not going to spoil an episode for someone? Until the DVD set comes out? Until the series is released in syndication?
That is what it boils down to for me. Time frame. We are talking about an episode from 6 months ago. Add in another 6 for the dvd and what are the odds you are going to remember some odd reference from a thread on dvdtalk from that long ago? I agree that spoilers are necessary for recent and upcoming episodes, but someone chooses NOT to watch it, especially when you consider you had the option to view it first run, and ABC has pretty much run every episode twice, not to mention this is the 21st century, VCRs and DVRs DO exist, so I still think that is on them. Spoilerizing every show in every thread until the dvds are released sounds a little over the line to me. I've stumbled on spoilers for Alias, Stargate and others that I am waiting to watch on DVD. I can barely remember reading them much less what the spoiler was or who was involved, etc. But anyway...

Originally Posted by Decker
Not a bad question, but a better one is this : Why is there a full, sterile operating room inside of a reigonal CTU building? Do all the local intelligence branches have their own ORs ready just in case someone happens to roll in with a gunshot wound or cardiac tamponade? Wouldn't it make more sense to, I don't know, take injured patients to the local trauma center and use the funds for something a little more useful like hiring additional support staff and developing a call-in system just in case the team faces another crisis that requires a prolonged stay at the CTU headquarters. Sure such a plan might not have occured to anyone prior to the initial 24-hour crisis, or even perhaps after the first, but after at least three seperate, unrelated crisises in the past few years one would have to assume that Michelle Dessler, Ryan Chappelle, Erin Driscoll or someone might have come up with a system to call in additional staff in the event of an emergency.
Exactly. From page 2:

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Because having a medical wing at CTU at all is pretty reasonable.

Last edited by Michael Corvin; 05-04-05 at 08:44 AM.
Old 05-04-05, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Poor Bean.
For christsake Jack fucked his wife, tortured him, electrocuted him, got him shot and denied him medical care.
Now thats a bad day.
Old 05-04-05, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by ChrisHicks
in regards to spoilers for already aired eps., what do you do if your hear someone talking about "_________" show in public?

You go out in public?
Old 05-04-05, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by joltaddict
Poor Bean.
For christsake Jack fucked his wife, tortured him, electrocuted him, got him shot and denied him medical care.
Now thats a bad day.
The price you pay for going against Bauer.

Was this the first outing where Jack had a partner that didn't die? Was feeling bad for Curtis when Jack recruited him to come along.
Old 05-04-05, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
I think Audrey needs to remember that Jack SAVED HER LIFE against CTU orders before she starts hating on him too much. But as they say, no good deed goes unpunished.

Was this the first outing where Jack had a partner that didn't die? Was feeling bad for Curtis when Jack recruited him to come along.
Yeah, not only that, I think it might be the first time this season where no one bought the farm while working a field op with Jack.
Old 05-04-05, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Chase? Feel bad for Curtis? Jack chopped of Chase's hand and would have blown his brains out if there was a bullet in the chamber.
Old 05-04-05, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The guy was completely innocent!!!
I know Im not taking a bullet for a guy fucking my wife.
Old 05-04-05, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Cartload
I think Audrey needs to remember that Jack SAVED HER LIFE against CTU orders before she starts hating on him too much. But as they say, no good deed goes unpunished.
That worked pretty well for Tony after he saved Michelle against CTU orders.
Old 05-04-05, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by superdeluxe
Chase? Feel bad for Curtis? Jack chopped of Chase's hand and would have blown his brains out if there was a bullet in the chamber.
Yeah, I was joking while watching the 3rd season that Christmas as the Bauer's or Edmonds' would be a real hoot. They would be telling the kids stories like:

Chase: "So anyway, there was one time your grandfather and I infiltrated some Mexican druglords..."
Jack: "Well technically, I infiltrated them, but you went after me because you thought I went bad."
Chase: "Right, that's right. So anyways, grandpa is trying to maintain his cover. So the next thing I know, Salazar cracks out a gun and tells Jack to shoot me to test his loyalty. And well, Jack, do you want to take it from here?"
Jack "Sure thing Chase. So I put the gun to your father's head and pulled the trigger. Lucky for you kids, the gun had no bullets in the chamber, otherwise we wouldn't be having this family get-together. Then I berated your father for being such a stupid bastard."
Chase: "And if you thought that was bad, later that day, remember in that school with the virus?"
Jack: "Ohh yes..."
Old 05-05-05, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
How come nobody on this show eats? You'd think they'd have some intern running to grab em some KFC or something and squeeze in a few bites.
Old 05-05-05, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by El Scorcho
How come nobody on this show eats? You'd think they'd have some intern running to grab em some KFC or something and squeeze in a few bites.
Here's the answer to that burning question...
Jack grabs a bite
Old 05-05-05, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just watched that "commercial" clip. don't understand any of it (aside from the language)
Old 05-05-05, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Merkin Muffley
Here's the answer to that burning question...
Jack grabs a bite

He does look kinda silly coordinating a covert mission with a candybar in his hand.
Old 05-05-05, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Jack was gone for about 45 minutes in a recent episode. I figure that was enough time to use the bathroom, get something to eat, and catch some sleep for the last four years.
Old 05-06-05, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

From TVGuide.com:

TICK, TOCK...: With Fox's four-year license deal with 24 set to expire this season, the New York Post is reporting that NBC has expressed interest in acquiring the real-time thriller. Insiders speculate that the Peacock would plug the show into one of the 74 holes it has in its schedule.

I can't see 24 going anywhere
Old 12-29-06, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 176 Posts
I just saw this ep (will finish up Season 4 tonight and will finish Season 5 hopefully by the time 6 starts on TV). This was the first episode that compelled me to post. The whole Jack letting the husband die... wow. And Chloe going commando. This is a great show in that it presents hypothetical ethical questions. I'm always going on at work: "If you have a terrorist's children and a bomb is about to go off would you kill the children etc. etc"

I love this show Looking forward to watching it on TV (well, DVR, but still).