Reload this Page >

Twenty Four (24): Day 4, 2:00AM - 3:00AM, 05/02/05

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Twenty Four (24): Day 4, 2:00AM - 3:00AM, 05/02/05

Old 05-02-05, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Was that Tanya Wright(Patty, season 1) in the new All State commercial with Dennis Haysbert? The commercial where the lady gets her car stolen in a garage.
If it was, then I think we all know who stole that car. PRESIDENT DAVID PALMER!!!

Actually, Palmer would ask Jack to steal the car as a matter of national security.
Old 05-02-05, 10:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Man, that episode was great. It was so Splinter Cell'ish, Dennis Haysbert giving the orders, Jack picking the lock, and when he slung Lee over his shoulder I was thinking "I hope you don't have to use your pistol or you'll drop him down the stairs". (When you pull out your gun in SC you drop anybody you're carrying very hard). Good thing Jack can move quicker than Sam Fisher when he's carrying a body, or he would have been in trouble.
Old 05-02-05, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,397 Likes on 950 Posts
Spoiler:
It was hinted at that there would be 2 major character deaths by the end of this season the last few episodes. If Paul's was one of those, I feel cheated, and I want my money back.
Old 05-03-05, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Am I the only one that think they are setting chloe up for a bigger role next year? With her whole "I didnt feel a thing when I shot that guy..not a thing..I hope I'm not becoming a psychopath" A little more field action for Chloe next year?

I also loved the last 10 minutes..that was pretty intense..

And the chinese guys got the blood of that white guy that came with curtis and the chinese translator..

Last edited by superdeluxe; 05-03-05 at 12:18 AM.
Old 05-03-05, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,680 Likes on 4,561 Posts
I, too, was having major Splinter Cell flashbacks with this episode. It was a very cool sequence in a show that's getting more and more implausable every single week. I can't even defend it anymore, I just chalk it up as a fun guilty pleasure now.
Didn't know about the 24 game. After the messes that were CSI, X-Files, Alias and the like, I kinda doubt that this will become the first video game based on a TV show that doesn't suck, but you never know.
Old 05-03-05, 12:43 AM

I have to agree that the last 10 minutes was pretty intense hopefully the writers can now write Audrey out of this show since she is absolutely worthless in this show. As for the death of the Chinese consoul I'm sure that will lead to long term ramifications down the road. And oh yes PALMER IS BACK!!!!
Old 05-03-05, 03:57 AM
HN
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts
Chloe's very first line tonight:

To medic: "I told you I'm not hurt. I did the shooting; now please leave me alone so I can do this."

Damn you Bill Buchanan From Division! you were doing so well!
Old 05-03-05, 06:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"You go save the country while I'm in the other room writing a speech"

Glad to have Palmer back.
Old 05-03-05, 07:06 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

I watched Jack in the embassy and his moves looked exactly liked Sam Fisher. Hell even knocking out those guys with his arms were classic Sam Fisher moves. That sequence was totally Splinter Cell all the way. As far as Audrey is concerned, he shouldn't worry, she was dumping him anyway. Does anybody wonder if Jack and Chloe will get together next season. I keep thinking everytime those two talk there seems to be a slight spark between the two. I mean Edgar nice and all, but damm, he would squash Chloe. I think thier going to end the season with the nuclear missle being launched and Jack riding on top, dismantling it, and then swinging a cowboy hat in the air yelling ye ha, then jumping off at the last moment before it hits the ground, then walks off, has a cameo moment where he cries, CTU comes over the radio asking for him and he goes off. That would be funny!
Old 05-03-05, 07:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm really surprised that Palmer didn't blame the embassy assault on Marwan's people.
Old 05-03-05, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by themovieguru
I watched Jack in the embassy and his moves looked exactly liked Sam Fisher. Hell even knocking out those guys with his arms were classic Sam Fisher moves. That sequence was totally Splinter Cell all the way.
So do you think Kiefer was auditioning for the up coming Splinter Cell movie with that part?
Old 05-03-05, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 461 Likes on 373 Posts
The last 10 minutes were good

I still think that Audrey and Jack can salvage their relationship

Last edited by LorenzoL; 05-03-05 at 07:50 AM.
Old 05-03-05, 07:49 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 605 Likes on 347 Posts
Originally Posted by MovieExchange
I'm really surprised that Palmer didn't blame the embassy assault on Marwan's people.

That's what I thought was going to happen.
Old 05-03-05, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Soooo... the Chinese bad guy either

1) Has to die of natural causes, or
2) Has be killed by somebody

right? The pardon thing couldn't work... the guy has been to CTU, so he knows it was the U.S. government that broke into the Chinese Embassy. They can't just let him go.
Old 05-03-05, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by LorenzoL
The last 10 minutes were good

I still think that Audrey and Jack can salvage their relationship
I agree. I mean, at best Audrey should be neutral about the whole thing. Jack zapping Paul earlier in the hotel (bad) should be made up for by Jack zapping him at CTU to save him (good). It's a wash.
Old 05-03-05, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

"You'll probably freak out in a couple days"

"I hope so"
And, lo and behold, we now have a set up for the next season. Chloe goes on a kill-crazy psychopathic 24-hour rampage. Only Jack Bauer and Edgar can stop her!
Old 05-03-05, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by chrisfelice
Hell, even Charlie (from Lost) was "dead" longer than that
Great - held off on watching Lost until the DVD set came out.

How about some spoilers on this?
Old 05-03-05, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by themovieguru
Does anybody wonder if Jack and Chloe will get together next season. I keep thinking everytime those two talk there seems to be a slight spark between the two. I mean Edgar nice and all, but damm, he would squash Chloe. !
Not sure about that..but They are laying the groundwork for Chloe to get more 'hard core' and become a field agent? The whole "I didnt feel a thing killing that guy"
Old 05-03-05, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Was there a reason why Jack showed up as green on the infrared Tony Vision 2.0 and the bad guys were red? It reminded me of this:

Old 05-03-05, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by johnglass
As they were driving back to CTU, one of the agents wiped something off of the side of his face. Any idea what it was? And was this the agent that was unmasked (and no doubt caught on camera) at the Chinese consulate?
I thought he might have got cut while he was struggling with the guard who unmasked him. My guess is they have his face on camera or they have some of his D.N.A (under the guards fingernail maybe?), which will lead to him being traced back to CTU.
Old 05-03-05, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by nowayjesus
I thought he might have got cut while he was struggling with the guard who unmasked him. My guess is they have his face on camera or they have some of his D.N.A (under the guards fingernail maybe?), which will lead to him being traced back to CTU.

Yup..they are going to trace the blood/dna to that guy from CTU.. USA's cover Blown.
Old 05-03-05, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by djbrown
Was there a reason why Jack showed up as green on the infrared Tony Vision 2.0 and the bad guys were red?
I was thinking the same thing at first. Maybe the CTU computers can "tag" someone and keep track of them so as to seperate people out? Tony knew for a fact Jack was outside the door in a certain location. He tags Jack while he's working on getting inside the building and the computer takes it from there?
Old 05-03-05, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Where the hell is Behrooz?

And the Secretary of Defense?
Old 05-03-05, 09:32 AM

I always thought Sutherland would make a good Sam Fisher, but figured he might not be cast since Bauer is a similar character, but after last nights episode all I can say is "Get that man a pair of night vision goggles now!"
Old 05-03-05, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Merkin Muffley
Where the hell is Behrooz?

And the Secretary of Defense?

Who knows..and really..who cares? If we get fed up with the plot holes...we would have stopped watching like 2 years ago.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.