Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Office **Season Finale** - 04/26/05

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-05, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I loved tonight's episode. I think I'm finally separating this from the original and it's working better for me now. Hopefully this isn't the end.

The "special project" scene was hilarious. I also dug the scene between Kevin (?) and Pam where he tells her that Katie's prettier. And the shot of Dwight testing out the "mini" briefcases was great.
Old 04-27-05, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts
Very good episode IMO. "The boss" is still a little too cartoonish with his inappropriateness, but it isn't a deal breaker. And as a huge fan of the BBC version, overall I have enjoyed this quite a bit. I hope it finds backers within the network. The ratings aren't great, but this has been only 6 episodes, not enough time to generate word of mouth buzz. I hope like heck to see it back next fall.
Old 04-27-05, 12:48 AM

Do they replay this on another channel...like CNBC or something? If so, when?
Old 04-27-05, 01:10 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Sunday night, I think.

Sorry, I don't have the details, but that is a start!
Old 04-27-05, 01:31 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Damn I love this show. I really hope it gets another season. So many LOL moments for me each week.

Cocks in the henhouse!

Don't say cocks!
Old 04-27-05, 01:34 AM

great episode. Many laugh out loud moments! At first, I hated Jim this season, but now I think he's really good. No Tim, but luckily I'm starting to separate the show from the original. I agree though that Steve Carell's character is the worst. But Tim, Dwight and Pam are really good!
Old 04-27-05, 02:19 AM

Anybody got a vid of this on the computer? I missed it. I and really really wanted to see it.
Old 04-27-05, 02:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just for the record, this wasn't as funny as an average episode of Two and a Half Men. It did have a few good lines though. New and improved Pam and Dwight buying the purse cracked me up.

Jim's been the best part of the show, between pulling the pranks on Dwight and then he turns around to have Roy shoving his relationship with Pam in his face. Michael's inconsistent. He was great for the basketball episode, but usually his schtick gets tired and you just feel like the rest of the employees do about him.
Old 04-27-05, 06:58 AM

Pam 6.0!!

I'm beginning to feel sorry for Dwight!
Old 04-27-05, 07:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Katie was played by Amy Adams, recently on "Dr. Vegas" in the fall.

I was shocked to see Amy Heckerling's name as the director for this episode.

The main laughs I got were from Jim and Pam mocking Dwight's attempt to pick up Katie and ending up only buying a purse. The rest was just too desperate (Dwight and Michael's attempts to woo Katie).
Old 04-27-05, 07:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Roto
Just for the record, this wasn't as funny as an average episode of Two and a Half Men. It did have a few good lines though. New and improved Pam and Dwight buying the purse cracked me up.

Jim's been the best part of the show, between pulling the pranks on Dwight and then he turns around to have Roy shoving his relationship with Pam in his face. Michael's inconsistent. He was great for the basketball episode, but usually his schtick gets tired and you just feel like the rest of the employees do about him.
Puhhhlease.....Granted I've only seen bits and pieces of a few Two and a Half men, but this is miles past that. 2 1/2 is the same sitcom crap thats be done a million times over. It's predictable at best.

This episode was probably the worst of the 6 but it was still enjoyable. I doubt the show will be back but it was fun while it lasted. Hopefully it can be replaced next year with another carbon copy sitcom with a laugh track.
Old 04-27-05, 07:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I've seen all the episodes of 2 1/2 Men and that show consistently makes me laugh, much moreso than The Office has done in its 6-episode run. That show, 2 1/2/ Men, understands the difference between characters and caricatures.
Old 04-27-05, 07:42 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by BDLOU
Puhhhlease.....Granted I've only seen bits and pieces of a few Two and a Half men, but this is miles past that. 2 1/2 is the same sitcom crap thats be done a million times over. It's predictable at best.
Not to turn this into an Office vs. Two and a Half Men, but I only watch 5 comedies on tv and both of these are two of them. I haven't watched much this season since it is opposite 24, but TaaHM is enjoyable. Much better than most sitcoms on tv. I would put it 5th out of my 5. (Scrubs, AD, and George Lopez round out the 5, FYI)

As for the Office, I'm really digging it. It started out mediocre in the first two episodes, but it has grown better in the past 4 eps. The basketball being the highlight of the season. I'm really liking the Jim/Dwight interaction. As well as Jim/Pam. Here's hoping for another season.
Old 04-27-05, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I kinda watched this weeks TaaHM and there was nothing funny in it. It's one dimensional characters put in situations that have been done before in other sitcoms. You know exactly how they are going to react before they even show it. You know the pay off of the joke before it happens. Maybe I've just seen the bad ones.
Old 04-27-05, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
Katie was played by Amy Adams, recently on "Dr. Vegas" in the fall.

That's who that was. Damn - that was frustrating trying to remember where I've seen her.

I'd be surprised if this show gets renewed. The ratings just aren't there. I wouldn't really miss it either - had its moments, but overall, I can't say that I laughed with any consistency.
Old 04-27-05, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally Posted by Roto
Jim's been the best part of the show
Along w/ Pam and Dwight.

This ep was a bit of a let-down after last week's where my stomach was hurting by the time it was over, but it was still pretty good.

Carrell's Michael needs to be re-written - badly. I have no problem w/ him being offensive every now and then. But they don't change it up w/ him at all - he's offensive all of the time. That's the only part of the show I would change - the rest of it is just fine.
Old 04-27-05, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Dog
That's who that was. Damn - that was frustrating trying to remember where I've seen her.
It was driving me nuts, too.
Old 04-27-05, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Shilex
Ok, was the girl who played "Katie" the same girl as Pam? Just wondering because they looked awfully alike.
You can tell them apart because 'Katie is a lot prettier than Pam'.

Best part was Micheal using the Drakkar Noir smell alike. 'There's still some left in the straw'.

D
Old 04-27-05, 09:10 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Not one of the better episodes last night, IMO. Hope it gets renewed though.
Old 04-27-05, 10:06 AM

What flavor is it?

Blue.

Blue is not a flavor.

It says: Flavor: Blue Blast

Oh! Blue Blast! Yeah save it.
Old 04-27-05, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The entire scene of cleaning the car was classic. It's this type of comedy that the majority of people don't get mostly because there isn't a laugh track to tell them when to laugh.
Old 04-27-05, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Phyre
What flavor is it?

Blue.

Blue is not a flavor.

It says: Flavor: Blue Blast

Oh! Blue Blast! Yeah save it.
That was my favorite part of the episode.
Old 04-27-05, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 136 Likes on 107 Posts
The entire scene of cleaning the car was classic. It's this type of comedy that the majority of people don't get mostly because there isn't a laugh track to tell them when to laugh.
A classic example of "don't-do-as-I-do--do-as-I-say" management. That poor guy would get torn a new one if he cleaned his own car during working hours.
Old 04-27-05, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Best episode by far. MY GAWD, this can not be the end!

PAM 6.0! I was on the friggin' floor.
Old 04-27-05, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
you must take your sitcoms fairly seriously. I just don't think Two and a Half Men (particularly the comments about who must watch it) deserve to be lumped in with truly stupid sitcoms like say, Life on a Stick. A show can follow a familiar pattern and still be funny.

Predictability is actually a problem with The Office. Well, actually only Michael, the one trick pony. I'm a huge Steve Carell fan, but even I got tired of him by the end of the season. They don't even have to change the character. They could just give him less time.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.