Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Smallville 4/20

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-05, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Smallville 4/20

OMG it's the bridge station chick from BSG

and Mrs Kent being possessed was funny
Old 04-20-05, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
ok, Lois is hot, but she is the only one that couldn't pull off Dawn's mannerisms. That was pathetic really. I have never bashed her acting, because she acted enough for me when she walked down the stairs that one episode, but this was really bad...
Old 04-20-05, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Crown's mine bitch."

Single greatest line Clark Kent has ever uttered.
Old 04-20-05, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Too bad the rest of the episode didn't come anywhere as grand as that line.
Old 04-20-05, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So if the prom queen wanna be's soul was possessing all these other people, why was her body still alive? And I was pretty impressed (after I got over the impossible premise) that they actually did do the soul switchero when she touched other people, EXCEPT for the end, when possessed Clark clearly touches Chloe AGAIN by punching her. At that moment in time, the spirit/soul should have been transferred back to Chloe.

And for the Raiders of the Lost Ark type of human looking spirit rising up was LAME. And of course everybody saw her. She should have said a ghostly, "Laters" before she disappeared all together.

Lois in her prom dress and Clark's line about the crown, bitch, were the two best moments in the show.
Old 04-20-05, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts
So-so episode with some moments that really outshone it's crappy premise. And Lois in that prom dress.

And Welling didn't pull of Dawn's mannerisms either. The line was great but his delivery was very Clark. I was disappointed in him cos I thought he did a great Lionel impression when they swapped earlier in the season.

On that note, I would have killed to see Lionel possesed by Dawn.
Old 04-20-05, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Pretty good episode!

But the band sucked.
Old 04-20-05, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm guessing Dawn was more in control of the soul swap so she could choose to change bodies or not by the end.

Now you want bad acting (on the character's part), what about the 'knocked out' Chloe jumping up instantly and saying "I'm fine". She should have played at least a little groggy. Both Clark and Johnathan were a little supspicious at that.
Old 04-20-05, 11:16 PM

Stupid plot but plenty of funny moments. I actually laughed out loud when Martha said "Laters!"

Why did they turn Jason heel for no reason? Didn't they do the same thing with Adam / Boone?

Note to self: "Lifehouse" absolutely sucks.
Old 04-20-05, 11:18 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by ivelostr2
ok, Lois is hot, but she is the only one that couldn't pull off Dawn's mannerisms. That was pathetic really. I have never bashed her acting, because she acted enough for me when she walked down the stairs that one episode, but this was really bad...
My theory is that they had to have Erica tone down Dawn's character quite a bit for Clark to go the prom with her. If she didn't it would've made him look REALLY REALLY stupid.

BTW, the Martha Kent as Dawn scene was pretty damn funny.
Old 04-21-05, 01:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 349 Posts
Originally Posted by resinrats
Now you want bad acting (on the character's part), what about the 'knocked out' Chloe jumping up instantly and saying "I'm fine". She should have played at least a little groggy.
Yeah, that struck me as odd too. Also, Jonathan Kent recovered from being punched out and falling down a flight stairs rather quickly! Not bad for a guy who's had bypass surgery and was shot in the leg a week ago.

As mentioned above, weak premise with some humorous moments.
Old 04-21-05, 02:32 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I was disappointed in him cos I thought he did a great Lionel impression when they swapped earlier in the season.
I wouldn't disagree. But in one he was impersonating a man. In the other, he had to impersonate a prissy girl. I think that explains it.

As for the episode, it was another freak of the week filler episode, but for some odd reason, I enjoyed it enough to just barely give it a thumbs up.
Old 04-21-05, 03:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I liked the episode, although I also didn't like the premise of the episode, "soul-switcheroo girl." Martha was funny as hell as possessed by Dawn, although I could have done without Ashley Simpson corrupting the Smallville soundtrack. Not sure why people are bashing Lifehouse, I think they've provided Smallville with some of the best tracks, one being "Everything" from two season one episodes. I found it rather odd that Chloe was able to not be rendered unconscious when getting knocked 'tha f*** out by Superman Now she knows about Kryptonite... I'm glad that Jason turns out to be a bad guy, that character doesn't contribute anything to Smallville imo, so hopefully he'll be gone soon.
Old 04-21-05, 07:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Jason's going to turn out to be the ultimate Momma's boy (as in those 'in-action' figures on one of those deordorant commerical campaigns).
Old 04-21-05, 07:22 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by SuprVgeta
I'm glad that Jason turns out to be a bad guy, that character doesn't contribute anything to Smallville imo, so hopefully he'll be gone soon.
Well, given his turn, I'm sure he'll end up either dead or with amnesia by the end of the season.

Lois, although being pleasant enough to look at, continues to annoy me. And dancing with Lana at the end! Clark should be with Chloe. Period.

Way back when, Chloe onced used Lois' name as her pen name for writing articles at the Planet. This was the perfect way to get Clark & Chloe together, at least in the future when he marries a certain "Lois Lane". Does anyone see the real Lois being a big time journalist for the Daily Planet? She certainly doesn't see it for herself given her comments to Chloe at the prom. What concerns me is that be series end Chloe may end of dead and Lois jumps into journalism as a tribute to her cousin.

Next week looks interesting but how many people are going to find out about Clark before the entire world know's his secret?
Old 04-21-05, 07:40 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Or, the real Lois dies, and Chloe continues to use the Lois Lane pen name at the Daily Planet.
Old 04-21-05, 07:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Clark's "crown's mine, bitch" line was funny. Martha was funny. Lois looked awesome in her get up - liked her line about Clark pinning the corsage a little too close to her boob.

Chloe jumping up like something flew up her ass - not so good.

Kill off the Jason character already - what a waste of time.

No Lionel - not a good thing either.
Old 04-21-05, 07:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Patman
Or, the real Lois dies, and Chloe continues to use the Lois Lane pen name at the Daily Planet.
Nah - someone is going to kill Chloe's obnoxious ass and her cousin is going to turn into an investigative reporter in the process and many years down the road find out who Clark really is.
Old 04-21-05, 07:58 AM

The problem with this is that Chloe already knows about Clark. Lois Lane is not supposed to. Though I suppose Chloe could always suffer from amnesia in an upcoming episode.
Old 04-21-05, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i've been watching some eps and missing some eps so the answer to my question may be obvious. Chloe knows Clark has some powers (all his powers?), does Clark know that Chloe knows?
Old 04-21-05, 08:48 AM

I think smallville needs more body-swap/possession episodes...i can see it next week...purple kryptonite causes martha and jonathon kent to switch bodies! hilarious antics ensue!

that was bad for a FOTW episode even...and lifehouse makes me ill
Old 04-21-05, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
This episode was so laughably bad. People in Smallville sure do have miraculous healing powers (Jonathan after getting clocked by an axe and Chloe after getting clocked by possessed Clark).

That being said, Lois sure fills out a prom dress nicely.
Old 04-21-05, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by runner001
i've been watching some eps and missing some eps so the answer to my question may be obvious. Chloe knows Clark has some powers (all his powers?), does Clark know that Chloe knows?
I've still got the last two episodes sitting on my Tivo waiting to be watched, but prior to the break, Clark didn't know that Chloe knew.

Not surprisingly, after she learned about it they had to throw at least one scene into every episode where she would hint to Clark that she knew.
Old 04-21-05, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by runner001
No .... although every now and then Chloe makes some double-edged comment that catches Clark's attention, making us believe that he is beginning to suspect she know.
Old 04-21-05, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Red Dog
That being said, Lois sure fills out a prom dress nicely.
She was screen-cap worthy...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.