Desperate Housewives -- "Live Alone and Like It" -- 04.17.2005

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-05, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Live Alone and Like It"

Spoiler:
Lynette discovers that no good deed goes unpunished when she momentarily befriends mean Mrs. McCluskey (guest star Kathryn Joosten), and Susan, still reeling from her breakup with Mike, is mortified when her mom (guest star Lesley Ann Warren) - also newly single -- decides to jump start both their love lives.
Old 04-17-05, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bring it on! I want to see more of Bree's reaction to her son's homosexuality.
Old 04-17-05, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 202 Likes on 156 Posts

I fell out of the chair after the dinner table scene with Bree and Co.
Old 04-17-05, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Good ep. My only gripe is that Mike's storyline seems a bit too dark to fit in with the rest of the show. I wonder if Cherry's intends to make one of the spin-off shows from this series about Mike, since he seems to inhabit a different world entirely?

Andrew is starting to give off a creepy Anakin Skywalker vibe; while Bree can be a bitch, I think Andrew might turn out to be flat out evil.
Old 04-17-05, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
Andrew is starting to give off a creepy Anakin Skywalker vibe; while Bree can be a bitch, I think Andrew might turn out to be flat out evil.
I'm pretty sure he's a sociopath. But at least he's not gay. Bree will be happy.
Old 04-17-05, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

He has somewhat of a Patrick Bateman vibe, if you know what I mean.
Old 04-17-05, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Very interesting. I think Andrew could have have lying to the minister. His comment after the sermon was extremely creepy.

Don't know why Carlos is still willing to put up with Gabby. She may be "beautiful", but she is just so cold and calculating. I wouldn't trust her...or him.

I hope Mike really gets a line on what his neighbor was up to. Really interesting look on his face as he read the list of toybox owners.

Susan's mom needs to start acting her age. Felt really sorry for Susan tonight.

I am glad to see the storyline advancing. Don't like having a break next week, but I do understand the network's need to try and interest new viewers.

Can't wait to see what the 4 new episodes bring out.
Old 04-17-05, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
So Mike's also been grieving for 15 years? Wonder how that jives with his criminal past.

Andrew is the anti-christ. You almost feel sorry for Bree after what Andrew laid out for the reverend.

Lynnette just got another kid in her stable now that she's taken on Mrs. McCluskey as well.

Susan's in pain, but Sophie can't do anything right.

Gabby and Carlos deserve each, they are such users of people.

Last edited by Patman; 04-17-05 at 10:17 PM.
Old 04-17-05, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Maybe Mike could accidentally kill Andrew while on his quest to find Deirdre's killer.

Scavo continues to crack me up.
Old 04-17-05, 10:19 PM
Retired

One of the better episodes.

So, Mike's a cop killer... Will be interesting to see how his story plays out.
Old 04-17-05, 10:21 PM
Retired

Originally Posted by Patman
Andrew is the anti-christ. You almost feel sorry for Bree after what Andrew laid out for the reverend.
Maybe I'm biased by my hatred of religion and intolerance, but after what Bree pulled I say they're just like Carlos and Gabby. They deserve each other.
Old 04-17-05, 10:30 PM

The whole Mike storyline makes no sense whatsoever. He arrived at that neighborhood on the trail of Diedre, right? What information led him there? He's acted all along like he had no idea which house on that street, just that for some reason he knows its someone on that street... um, ok. It would have made sense if he knew all along it had something to do with the Youngs but it looked like he never made that connection until he saw the list of people who bought the toy box.

I feel like they are making this stuff up as they go now.
Old 04-17-05, 10:33 PM
Retired

He might have found out that Deidre went to Wisteria lane looking for her abducted son (assuming Zack/Dana ends up being her kid), but that was all he had. Or he had even less and just found evidence saying she had went there near the time of her disappearance.
Old 04-17-05, 10:40 PM

I was under the impression that the Youngs had been living on Wisteria Lane for less than 15 years, and that they killed the woman that came to take Zach away in Utah before they moved
Old 04-17-05, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by TracerBullet
I'm pretty sure he's a sociopath. But at least he's not gay. Bree will be happy.
Did you not remember Andrew making out with some dude in the pool?
Old 04-17-05, 10:45 PM
Retired

Not sure about that, but I don't recall hearing when the Youngs moved in.

It seems seem odd that the trunk with the body was buried under their swimming pool in Wisteria lane if that's the case. I'd think Paul would have hid the body somewhere in Utah rather than risking transporting it and burying it in a new town.
Old 04-17-05, 10:46 PM
Retired

Originally Posted by cliffzig
He told the priest he wasn't gay, he was bi-sexual.

The whole I love vanilla, but sometimes I want chocolate analogy.
Old 04-17-05, 10:46 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by cliffzig
He's bi-curious, at least if what he told his reverend is to be believed. He usually prefers women (vanilla), but every now and then, he likes to have some men (chocolate).
Old 04-17-05, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
People, this is just SATIRE!!
Old 04-17-05, 11:09 PM

Excellent obscure Arrested Development reference
Old 04-17-05, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Can somebody tell me why we're supposed to like any of these twats? Hell, any characters on the entire show for that matter. I originally thought the show was supposed to be about the relationship each woman had with her circle of friends, and that's the way it seemed in the first episodes. Now, it's just each woman in her own little world doing something sneaky, nasty, stupid, offensive, take your pick.

Last edited by Charlie Goose; 04-17-05 at 11:21 PM.
Old 04-17-05, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
Can somebody tell me why we're supposed to like any of these twats? Hell, any characters on the entire show for that matter. I originally thought the show was supposed to be about the relationship each woman had with her circle of friends, and that's the way it seemed in the first episodes. Now, it's just each woman in her own little world doing something sneaky, nasty, stupid, offensive, take your pick.
Maybe you wouldn't think this way if you had two X chromosomes?

However, i'm beginning to feel the same way. I've already written Gabby off. Sure i'll enjoy her panties and whatnot, but don't expect anything resembling sympathy from me.

Lynette, Susan and Bree are on the border with me. Though, Susan's antics have been toned down slightly, so that might change. And any malice I might feel towards Lynette is absorbed by her hellspawn.
Old 04-17-05, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
What? Andrew's not bi-racial? Damn, I totally got confused with that ice cream metaphor.
Old 04-18-05, 06:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

This episode had a serious lack of Housewive interaction. They all kind of did their own thing this episode. Not that it's bad, it just felt weird not having some type of coffee or card-playing scene together.
Old 04-18-05, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by JasonF
He's bi-curious, at least if what he told his reverend is to be believed. He usually prefers women (vanilla), but every now and then, he likes to have some men (chocolate).
See now YOU are falling for his BS. From the episode "Impossible", it becomes clear that John's roommate, Justin has a RELATIONSHIP with someone (explained to Gabrielle in "Your Fault") - whom Susan discovers at the end of the pool party is Andrew. I'd judge him more by his actions than his words (have we ever seen him physical with a female?).

At this point, I think Andrew is trying to regain control of his secret a little bit - his father having betrayed his confidence by telling that to Bree.

Last edited by rfduncan; 04-18-05 at 08:24 AM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.