DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Veronica Mars renewed for a Second Season!!! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/417824-veronica-mars-renewed-second-season.html)

Gizmo 04-09-05 01:53 AM

Veronica Mars renewed for a Second Season!!!

Good news.... Couch Baron at Television Without Pity received a phone call today from Veronica Mars creator Rob Thomas (since, RT seems to think TWoP is the only place any Veronica news goes up online, apparently)... and apparently UPN has made an unprecedented move and they've given the go-ahead for a second season for Veronica Mars.

Source: http://www.neptunesite.com/news.htm

MrX 04-09-05 02:00 AM

Awesome news:banana:

Gizmo 04-09-05 02:04 AM

I just had to call my fiance and tell her the good news. Hopefully we will see an official announcement come Monday. This, coupled with the fact that we get 5 straight weeks of new episodes leading towards the finale is SO awesome!

Now, where's my Season 1 DVD set?

Count Dooku 04-09-05 02:26 AM

Fanfuckingtastic

lwhy? 04-09-05 02:48 AM

This is a big step for keeping high-quality low rated tv shows on the air. Thank you UPN!!! You have given me a reason to watch your channel next year.

wetsprockets 04-09-05 03:31 AM

Yes!!!! :banana: Now just have to anxiously await AD's renewal and I'll be set for next season.

movieking 04-09-05 07:02 AM

THIS IS GREAT NEWS!

Veronica Mars is one of the best shows on TV today, and needed to be renewed desperately. If AD makes it back as well, I'll be a happy viewer.

Charlie Goose 04-09-05 07:58 AM

I'll add another yee-hah to that.

Just when I thought quality television was dead.

Patman 04-09-05 08:09 AM

Yay!!!

areacode212 04-09-05 09:24 AM

Excellent! I'll be sure to congratulate the cast when I see them later.

Adam Tyner 04-09-05 09:25 AM

Well, that makes my day.

I hope my UPN affiliate finally makes the migration to broadcasting in HD before the second season starts.

lwhy? 04-09-05 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by areacode212
Excellent! I'll be sure to congratulate the cast when I see them later.

Take some pictures and post them on here for us please.

areacode212 04-09-05 09:46 AM

OK, will do (hopefully nothing goes wrong with my camera).

In other news, Rob Thomas just posted here a few minutes ago, and told us that Warner Bros. is launching an Emmy campaign for the show:

As you probably know, UPN is our network. Warner Brothers is our studio. Networks buy television shows from studios and both the studio and network give creative input to the shows. I mention this only because WB has been an amazing home for us. Warner Brothers President Peter Roth just launched an Emmy campaign for the show. Emmy campaigns are expensive and unheard of for struggling shows on UPN. It means they place ads in the trades touting are show and they send DVDs to all the voting members of the television academy. Because I think you'll enjoy knowing this -- the three shows that will be on our Emmy DVD are the pilot, Clash of the Tritons and A Trip to the Dentist. (A Trip to the Dentist is, without a doubt, the proudest I've been of an episode of televison that I have my name on. Of course, I haven't seen the finale cut together, yet.)

mookiemeister 04-09-05 04:12 PM

I'm glad Veronica Mars will be back. I started watching this show a little late in December but haven't missed an episode since then.

RandyM 04-09-05 06:56 PM

:banana: :banana: :banana:
Bring it on, bring it on, yeah!

Veronica Mars is smarter than me.

areacode212 04-09-05 10:15 PM

I took some pictures at the Macy's Veronica Mars signing, but they came out so bad, it's kind of embarrassing. Kristen is really hot in person.

lwhy? 04-09-05 10:26 PM

Thanks for the pictures!! I wish I could have went to the signing. I wish that they would have one in Nashville so I could go. I would like to have gotten the pilot dvd that they were given away. Did you get to speak with her?

areacode212 04-09-05 10:39 PM

I did! I said: "Congratulations on the renewal!", and she replied, "thank you" in this really super-earnest way, even though I'm guessing that there were probably a hundred people ahead of me who had said the same exact thing. I didn't get to converse much with any of them, since the people in charge were practically kicking me out for taking too long in taking pictures for these 2 girls I met. Though, Jason Dohring (who plays Logan) was really friendly & was all, "dude....do you want a picture?!", so even though what I REALLY wanted was one with Kristen, I said sure. I was surprised by how many people were lined up for it.

Also, here are pictures that someone else took.

Gizmo 04-09-05 11:01 PM

Wow...A renewal was announce very late last night, and has already spread. I have yet to see an official poting anywhere besides that futon website.

Epilady 04-10-05 02:43 AM

Thanks for posting the good news!! :D
Like...this is better then Nancy Drew ever was ;)

NitroJMS 04-10-05 04:02 AM

They are celebrating in the streets!

http://a1016.g.akamai.net/f/1016/606...ial/kiss01.jpg

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

MvRojo 04-10-05 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Wow...A renewal was announce very late last night, and has already spread. I have yet to see an official poting anywhere besides that futon website.

Here it is from Rob Thomas' (the producer, not singer's) website:

April 8th. 6 p.m. PST.

Dawn Ostroff just called to let us know that we're officially picked up for Season Two. Couldn't be much happier.

Thanks for all the tremendous support.

Going out to celebrate.
http://www.slaverats.com/
-Go to the 'Huge News' link in the Veronica Mars section

WarriorPrincess 04-11-05 12:23 PM

Oh my god!!!! They finally did the right thing - I do still miss jake 2.0, but bringing Veronica Mars back for a second season just makes my day! :)

Balah 04-11-05 03:53 PM

Let us just hope that the UPN execs are more trustworthy than the Fox guys. I swear, if they pull a Tru Calling type cancellation, I'm liable to go nuts!

Jackskeleton 04-11-05 04:11 PM

^^ Difference is that a differen't company is producing than airing these. Aslong as UPN has the money to pay for the episodes, WB will be glad to make them.