DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Survivor: Palau - S10 Ep8 - 04/07/2005 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/417586-survivor-palau-s10-ep8-04-07-2005-a.html)

Vonner 04-07-05 01:57 PM

Survivor: Palau - S10 Ep8 - 04/07/2005

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...es/players.jpg

Will there be a merge?

runner001 04-07-05 02:04 PM

I doubt there'll be a merge. That seems to be their one twist they're trying out. How tribal coucil will work with two or one member will be the interesting part.

DRG 04-07-05 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Vonner
Will there be a merge?

I hope not. I think it's far more interesting to see the desperation of survival and the short-staffed challenges than to see two weeks of Bobby Jon and Stephenie getting picked off.

Maxflier 04-07-05 02:05 PM

Jeez i hope Ulong can FINALLY win an immunity challenge.It's pretty sad that the other tribe would still have every single one of their members if not for that one episode where they got screwed and had to vote off Willard even though they won the challenge.
As long as Steph stays i'll be happy.

runner001 04-07-05 02:06 PM

agrees with maxflier

Jeremy517 04-07-05 02:07 PM

BTW, don't read the episode title for next week, as it spoils part of this week's episode.

pinata242 04-07-05 02:10 PM

If Ulong does indeed lose tonight, what method will they use to vote off Bobby Jon or Steph? Obviously they can only vote for each other. Would they just use past votes (lame) or bring in the 7 people that have been voted off as the jury (fair) or have Koror come to council and pick them off for the ultimate meanness.

As much as I'd rather Ulong pull it off and finally win one, I'm more curious to see how this will play out. Especially if you have just one of them next week fighting to stay alive.

DRG 04-07-05 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by pinata242
If Ulong does indeed lose tonight, what method will they use to vote off Bobby Jon or Steph? Obviously they can only vote for each other. Would they just use past votes (lame) or bring in the 7 people that have been voted off as the jury (fair) or have Koror come to council and pick them off for the ultimate meanness.

What would be sweet would be a mini challenge between Bobby John and Stephenie, at the tribal council.

HN 04-07-05 03:53 PM

I'd love to see a challenge between Tom and Ian vs. BJ and Steph (seems skewed, but bet BJ and Steph would still put up a hell of a fight).

And in the end, if Steph goes, I go.
Well, not really, gotta see if Tom can actually take it all. Would be nice to see the strongest person win (plus he's an firefighter, props always to them :thumbsup: )
But if Steph goes, i'll be mighty upset! :mad:

Maxflier 04-07-05 07:39 PM

Coby in a speedo....that is something i did NOT need to see.

CrashNBurn69 04-07-05 07:41 PM

damn thats gotta suck so bad. i hope steph can pull it off in the challenge

runner001 04-07-05 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by DRG
What would be sweet would be a mini challenge between Bobby John and Stephenie, at the tribal council.

good call, DRG.

Patman 04-07-05 07:42 PM

Gee, big surprise as to who won the immunity challenge tonight... hahahaha!

Maxflier 04-07-05 07:44 PM

Man this f***cking sucks.How can a tribe go this whole time without ever winning Willard....errrr i mean immunity.I seriously think Ulong is/was cursed.

movieking 04-07-05 07:45 PM

That eating challenge was nasty.

CrashNBurn69 04-07-05 07:53 PM

sweet ass

Maxflier 04-07-05 07:56 PM

So glad Steph stays,but at the same time it sucks to see Bobby Jon have to go home.He was a great competitor.

Patman 04-07-05 07:59 PM

A Survivor first: A Tribe of One! LOL!

Dabaomb 04-07-05 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Maxflier
So glad Steph stays,but at the same time it sucks to see Bobby Jon have to go home.He was a great competitor.

he was but he had some bad strategies in the competitions.

In the eating challenge, he was retarded for sticking all 5 in his mouth at once. Tom was the tortoise and slow & steady won the race.

In regards to the immunity challenge, Coby kicked his butt :lol:

Next week: Steph
Spoiler:
looks like a wreck all by herself :lol:

BDLOU 04-07-05 08:09 PM

I love that Koror thinks they are this great tribe. I'll give them credit for winning but this would happen everytime in past seasons had the producers not mixed tribes up. It is so much of an advantage to be able to sit weak people out when you basically know the challenge by the tree mail. I'm not saying it would happen every season but there would deffintely be one sided tribes pretty much everytime. Also, can the producers cater to a one sided tribe anymore then they have? Where are the purely physical challenges? You have a team basically mentally beat besides the fact they know that Ulong sucked at puzzles.

Maxflier 04-07-05 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Dabaomb
he was but he had some bad strategies in the competitions.

In the eating challenge, he was retarded for sticking all 5 in his mouth at once. Tom was the tortoise and slow & stead won the race.

Yeah,true.I think he was so sick of losing to Tom and co. that he just tried too hard.

Timber 04-07-05 08:22 PM

I get a whole episode of Stephenie by herself :drool:

I think physically she can beat everyone on the other team with the exception of Tom. I hope they don't start the mental challenges because I don't think she's going to do very well in those.

Amel 04-07-05 08:43 PM

Spoiler:
Glad to see Steph make it another week. She's one of the strongest players I recall seeing. BJ lost the reward challenge the same way he lost others, he just goes flailing into it. Too much too quick. Tom took forever on his last couple of bites because he could see that BJ had way too much junk in his mouth.

Gil Jawetz 04-07-05 09:11 PM

Stephanie is just about my favorite survivor ever at this point. The thing with someone like Tom is that he might seem like a survivor badass but he hasn't been tested. Hell, if they'd lost he might have gone over the shower thing. But Stephanie has been nothing but tested and her attitude, enthusiasm, strength, passion and wits are all intact. She's fantastic. She's what this show is all about.

And I bet there was supposed to be a merge but the producers probably said "let's see how far this thing will go." Good move. Great drama.

Pharoh 04-07-05 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by Gil Jawetz
Stephanie is just about my favorite survivor ever at this point. The thing with someone like Tom is that he might seem like a survivor badass but he hasn't been tested. Hell, if they'd lost he might have gone over the shower thing. But Stephanie has been nothing but tested and her attitude, enthusiasm, strength, passion and wits are all intact. She's fantastic. She's what this show is all about.

And I bet there was supposed to be a merge but the producers probably said "let's see how far this thing will go." Good move. Great drama.

:up:

She may not be the brightest Survivor ever, but I have never wanted any reality contestant to win as much as I want her to win. She is about much more than just what Survivor is.