Sledge Hammer! Season II on DVD

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 03-29-05, 04:32 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

'Trust Me. I know what I'm doing...'

The DVD for Sledge Hammer! Season II comes out April 12th. Sledge Hammer!, was one of the funnier products of the 80's. If you like Get Smart and the Naked Gun series, you will love Sledge Hammer!. It's rediculous.

The DVD itself is well done. Four DVD's with all 19 episodes, easy to navigate, an audio commentary by Alan Spencer (the creator), a trivia game and tons of other extras. You can see scenes from a few of the episodes and samples of the extras HERE.

To promote the release of this DVD there is a sweepstakes where you can win both the first and second seasons on DVD. There is no purchase necessary to enter, and don't fret, as much as we love you, we really aren't interested in collecting your emails. You can sign up for the sweepstakes HERE.

Last edited by a35mmlife; 03-29-05 at 07:30 PM.
Old 03-29-05, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
from your "introduction" thread...

Originally Posted by a35mmlife
I'm not going to come on here and spam the boards with fake personalities to promote these titles.
Well so much for that...
Old 03-29-05, 04:45 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

i'm currently housesitting for a veeerrry famous celebrity that once watched an episode of Sledge Hammer. it's true.
Old 03-29-05, 04:45 PM
Cool New Member

Was that spammish? It's still just me... posting about the first contest I am running. Is it better that I don't tell you about them? I don't have to... I don't want to offend you...
Old 03-29-05, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Probably a good idea to check with a moderator before posting about these types of contests. It can look like spam especially because you are a new member.

And it's never, ever a good idea to post the same thread twice in different forums.

And we generally frown upon "introduction" threads. There are thousands and thousands of members here. If everyone introduced themselves, we wouldn't have space to talk about anything else. If you're around long enough, we'll get to know you.

Might want to start here.

Last edited by automator; 03-29-05 at 04:53 PM.
Old 03-29-05, 04:52 PM
Cool New Member

*blush*

Originally Posted by Cygnet74
i'm currently housesitting for a veeerrry famous celebrity that once watched an episode of Sledge Hammer. it's true.
Ok. Ok. I deserved that one... Guess sometimes its better to keep your mouth shut.
Old 03-29-05, 04:55 PM
Cool New Member

Thanks

Originally Posted by automator
Probably a good idea to check with a moderator before posting about these types of contests. It can look like spam especially because you are a new member.

And it's never, ever a good idea to post the same thread twice in different forums.

And we generally frown upon "introduction" threads. There are thousands and thousands of members here. If everyone introduced themselves, we wouldn't have space to talk about anything else. If you're around long enough, we'll get to know you.
f

Thanks Automator... I will send a message to the moderators. I dont want to step on any toes...
Old 03-29-05, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I actually remember liking Sledge Hammer, but I was only a young kid at the time. There was even a Sledge Hammer comic book.
Old 03-29-05, 05:43 PM
Cool New Member

We have advance copies of the dvd here in the office. I took one home and watched a few episodes this weekend. I remember this show a bit too, but its actually much funnier to me now than I remember it being. It's soooo very 80's. Everything from the quality of the production to the Max Headroom references... It's like Miami Vice meets Top Secret...
Old 03-29-05, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by CaptainMarvel
I actually remember liking Sledge Hammer, but I was only a young kid at the time. There was even a Sledge Hammer comic book.
... and I have both issues!

(Here's a link to the "Spiderman" cover.)
Old 03-29-05, 05:51 PM
Cool New Member

I had no idea it was a comic... you learn something new every day...

Last edited by a35mmlife; 03-29-05 at 06:00 PM. Reason: huh
Old 03-29-05, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Spammish or not, I entered.
Old 03-29-05, 07:23 PM
Cool New Member

snowmaker... the odds are REALLY good right now... smart man...

im running contests for a few other dvd's with much BIGger prizes... as to avoid more controv. just email me if you want info on them... ([email protected])...
Old 03-29-05, 09:17 PM
Mod Emeritus

From the member agreement...

YOUR MEMBERSHIP TO THE DVD TALK FORUM IS ALSO PREDICATED ON YOUR ADHERENCE TO THESE RULES. If you violate any of these rules your account will be suspended and you may be permanently banned from membership at our discretion:

ABSOLUTELY NO:
Posting of personal attacks against another member, moderator or administrator in the forum
Posting of any form of advertising including: URL's with affiliate codes, referrer tags, tracking numbers or anything which actively promotes a site or company
If you hve any questions about this policy, please direct them to Geoffrey Kleinman at [email protected] .