DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Twenty Four (24): Day 4 (9pm-10pm) 03/28/05 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/416039-twenty-four-24-day-4-9pm-10pm-03-28-05-a.html)

LorenzoL 03-28-05 05:16 AM

Twenty Four (24): Day 4 (9pm-10pm) 03/28/05

"Day 4: 9:00PM - 10:00PM", Episode #415.

Spoiler:
When Jack's attempt to infiltrate Marwan's cell goes horribly wrong, the CTU staff pools all available resources to find him, and Curtis interrogates Behrooz to find out what he knows about the terrorist.

Cast: Kiefer Sutherland, William Devane, Alberta Watson, Nestor Serrano, Shohreh Aghdashloo, Jonathan Ahdout, Kim Raver, Reiko Aylesworth, Jonathan Ahdout, Carlos Bernard, Mary Lynn Rajskub, Louis Lombardi, Arnold Vosloo, Ned Vaughn, James Morrison, Cliff Wesiman, Cameron Bancroft.

Producer(s): Joel Surnow, Robert Cochran, Brian Grazer, Howard Gordon.

Original Airdate: March 28, 2005.

Charlie Goose 03-28-05 09:02 AM

Wow, the return of
Spoiler:
Behrooz, but not On the Loose. I wonder if he's going to join the long list of folks getting their day ruined by torture.

movieking 03-28-05 09:42 AM

One of the spoilers that has been leaked apparently...

Spoiler:
...has a "main" character dying this season. Personally, I would love to see Jack die. Nothing against him, but it would be a holy shit moment, and 24 has been lacking them lately. Tony can take over for him next season. It was Carlos Bernard that mentioned the spoiler, saying "Somebody pretty big dies, I know that. A major character--and I know them quite well--dies". Sound like Michelle to me though.

LorenzoL 03-28-05 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by movieking
One of the spoilers that has been leaked apparently...

Spoiler:
...has a "main" character dying this season. Personally, I would love to see Jack die. Nothing against him, but it would be a holy shit moment, and 24 has been lacking them lately. Tony can take over for him next season. It was Carlos Bernard that mentioned the spoiler, saying "Somebody pretty big dies, I know that. A major character--and I know them quite well--dies". Sound like Michelle to me though.

Spoiler:
I think that your guess about Michelle may be correct since the actress that plays her is involved in a TV pilot for the upcoming season.

Vonner 03-28-05 12:54 PM

Can anyone help me out with the above spoilers. Are they for tonights episode, or future shows? If they are for tonights only then I'll read them after the show, otherwise I want to stay clear.

Thanks.

LorenzoL 03-28-05 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Vonner
Can anyone help me out with the above spoilers. Are they for tonights episode, or future shows? If they are for tonights only then I'll read them after the show, otherwise I want to stay clear.

Thanks.

Future shows.

dave_d 03-28-05 08:26 PM

Well, where's all the in-show posting? Decent so far, but hopefully it picks up soon.

ctyankee 03-28-05 09:05 PM

snore .... snore ...... snore .... snort/yawn

Must have dosed off, what did I miss. ;)

What was better the part where they had audio "memo voice" files of the bad guy's voice from the company that just got 'zapped' or the need to take electronically passed logs that now seem to need to be passed after being transferred to CD-R disc?

johnglass 03-28-05 09:05 PM

Anyone else with Tivo getting a big ad in the middle of your screen when fast-forwarding or rewinding this episode? I assume it's happening on others as well, but this is the first I've noticed it.

dave-o 03-28-05 09:06 PM

I have officially switched sides and I am no longer pulling for Jack and CTU. Not after what they did to Behrooz. How could I ever forgive them?

runner001 03-28-05 09:06 PM

yeah, usually I am posting something while the show is going on to comment how this or that is ridiculous or unbelieveable. but this episode was pretty solid in terms of realism. liked most every part.

Chloe talking with what's her face (Jack's GF) was classic Chloe!

Chloe telling Curtis that she deserves the 35% pay raise anyway was classic Chloe

Chloe telling Edgar that he should be doing the job of the lead whatever because that's what he thinks he is is more classic Chloe

They really had me believing that Jack was about to get a bullet in the back of the head!

Derrich 03-28-05 09:06 PM

Edgar is a punk. He's the guy always complaining that he never gets any responsibility and when he does, he 's not ready but won't admit it.

That scene with Chloe and DoDaughter was complete filler. Was the show running short and they had to add 2 minutes.

D

Ranger 03-28-05 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by ctyankee
.. the need to take electronically passed logs that now seem to need to be passed after being transferred to CD-R disc?

I was just confused about that.

runner001 03-28-05 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by ctyankee
snore .... snore ...... snore .... snort/yawn

Must have dosed off, what did I miss. ;)

What was better the part where they had audio "memo voice" files of the bad guy's voice from the company that just got 'zapped' or the need to take electronically passed logs that now seem to need to be passed after being transferred to CD-R disc?

oops, forgot about that one. I was marking papers while watching the episode so I guess I just let that one go. Give them a break ctyankee, they have to create some way for CTU to screw up to drag the story out. ;)

Goldblum 03-28-05 09:33 PM

If you missed this week's episode, read ahead to be filled in...

Scene: CTU
CHLOE: Uh, Michelle, like Dina Araz is dead and we don’t know like where the Mummy took Jack.
MICHELLE DESSLER: Hmm, that’s strange. Handing Jack to America’s Most Wanted Terrorist bound, weaponless, and without any means to contact us seemed like a good idea at the time.
CHLOE: By the way, why is Edgar my boss? He’s still in third grade remedial English.
AUDREY RAINES: (approaching Michelle) You bitch, you sent my lover off to die!
TONY ALMEIDA: Uh, shouldn’t you be grieving over your dying husband?
AUDREY: Who?
TONY: You know, Mr. Bean?
AUDREY: Oh, him. Well last I checked, he was lying next to his liver and spleen on the operating table. I’m sure he’ll be fine.
MICHELLE: The Mummy just called; he wants to exchange Terrorist Kid for Jack. Curtis, you get everything you can from Terrorist Kid. I’ll call in Stuffed Shirt Division Guy to yell at us about protocol.

Scene: Spooky Terrorist Hangout
THE MUMMY: (on phone with Evil Conan O’Brien) What are you doing now?
EVIL CONAN O’BRIEN: Why do you keep calling every five minutes? You know I’m just waiting for the next plot point. (hangs up)
THE MUMMY: (to a captive Jack Bauer) Your country will remember all the evil terrorist things we did today: the nuclear plants melting down, the people killed in the train crash, the Secretary of Defense held hostage. Your country has been humiliated beyond repair.
JACK BAUER: God bless America.
THE MUMMY: Noooooo!! I’m melting!! Mellllting!!!

Scene: CTU Interrogation Room
CURTIS: I don’t think Terrorist Kid is telling us everything we need to know. Time to administer CTU’s infamous torture drug!
RANDOM CTU AGENT: Sir, after already using it on Richard, Sarah, and Marianne, we don’t have much left.
CURTIS: Hmm, call our torture agent supplier and order 200L. If I spend $50 more of merchandise, I win a free clock radio.

Scene: CTU
AUDREY: Are you going to do the exchange for Jack?
TONY: Yeah, but we’re not expecting too much. If I were you, I’d start finding a new boyfriend. For your information, Curtis is single.
CHLOE: Gee, Audrey, it must really like suck to have your lover kidnapped and at the same time also have your wounded husband in surgery.
AUDREY: Who?

Scene: Outside CTU
TERRORIST KID: Hey, where are you taking me? I have band practice at six.
CURTIS: We need to exchange you for Jack Bauer.
TERRORIST KID: What?! Does my mom know about this?
CURTIS: (long silence) Um, sure…she thought it was a swell idea! Now don’t ask any more questions about you mother, if or when you’ll ever see her again, or which cemetery she’ll be buried in.

Scene: A Bridge
CURTIS: Stop the van, this is the spot. Okay kid, get out and walk down the long, dark, unwelcome stretch of bridge until you reach the head terrorist murderer so he can do with you what he wants. And don’t let the snipers spook you; they’re nice guys, really.
(Terrorist Kid walks down the bridge and sees Jack coming the other way.)
TERRORIST KID: Help, I don’t wanna die!
JACK: (power-walking past him) Sucks for you. Word of advice: go easy on the camel-jockey jokes. That Mummy doesn’t have much sense of humor.
(A firefight breaks out. Jack is saved and The Mummy gets away with the Terrorist Kid in his van.)

Scene: Terrorist Van
THE MUMMY: (on phone with Evil Conan) The necessary plot point has arrived. Get the stealth bomber into the air.
EVIL CONAN: About time! You only left me with ten seconds before the end of the hour. I’ll barely have time to taxi to the runaway and pass out peanuts.

To be continued…

vaporware 03-28-05 09:45 PM

Stealth fighters are so easy to get nowadays. :rolleyes:

johnglass 03-28-05 09:54 PM

So anyone else think he'll take out Air Force One, or will Jack parachute in at the last moment to save the day?

LorenzoL 03-28-05 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by waporvare
Stealth fighters are so easy to get nowadays. :rolleyes:

Hey give the impostor credit. He's able to disguise himself as a pilot and a mechanic. That's a pretty hard thing to do.

Another uneventful episode.

Behrooooooz is on the loose with the terrorists.

metaridley 03-28-05 10:10 PM

Another episode of "Whatever". Sure, they managed to avoid making things unrealistic, but they also forgot to make things exciting. At least it ended on an interesting note: Air Force One can't detect Stealth Fighters, so next week's "BIGGEST TWIST EVER" ep might actually live up to the hype this time.

My favorite part of the ep was also "Behroooooooooz On The Loose". I love this kid!

Why is CTU wasting time torturing all of these people this season when they used to just monitor their suspects' heart rates to determine if they were lying?

Unless it's a big red herring, it looks like Dina is dead. Damn, I liked her character a lot.

Okay, so I remembered about 15 minutes into the episode that in the season 1 ep "9:00PM - 10:00PM", Jack Bauer is being held hostage by the Drazens, and will only trade him in exchange for Alexis Drazen, who is in CTU custody. CTU goes through with the exchange, but the bad guys find their tracking device within seconds. In tonight's episode, "9:00PM - 10:00PM", Jack Bauer is being held by the terrorists, and will only trade him in exchange for Behrooz Araz, who is in CTU custody. CTU goes through with the exchange, but the bad guys find their tracking device(s) within seconds.

Probably the most unoriginal episode of 24 yet.

ChrisHicks 03-28-05 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by johnglass
Anyone else with Tivo getting a big ad in the middle of your screen when fast-forwarding or rewinding this episode? I assume it's happening on others as well, but this is the first I've noticed it.

standard tivo or directv tivo?

dave_d 03-28-05 10:37 PM

I've got standard tivo and for the first time got an ad while ff-ing. It was just a still image of the title card for "The Interpretor". Not as big a deal as I was fearing when word got out of the impending counterstrike to skipping commercials.

PacMan2006 03-28-05 11:16 PM

Was it me, or was one of Marwan's guys in the warehouse the exact same actor from season two. Played Fahin I believe--the guy who's throat Nina slashed on the plane.

johnglass 03-28-05 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by ChrisHicks
standard tivo or directv tivo?

Standalone. Looks like it's Tivo's new billboard ads that pop up when ff or rewinding.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=232067

Charlie Goose 03-28-05 11:30 PM

It's nice to think that the safety of America is in the hands of squabbling infants.

gregx55 03-29-05 12:08 AM

Well there are only 3 more things that need to be done to make this a textbook season of 24.

1. Someone big must die.
2. Someone loses a major body part.
3. Jack saves the day.

I must say this season has been pretty much predictable. Nothing really exciting but I still watch. Just waiting to see if Edgar goes postal.