DVD Talk Legend

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts
I'd hit it.

Spoiler:
If he wasn't married.
Old 03-16-07, 06:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jadzia
Just like Barney on How I Met Your Mother, gay guys on TV get all the chicks.
I never thought of that... Really my deal is I don't see how or why anyone would want George. He's not McDreamy or McSteamy, he's McPassive Aggressive. They should put this show on Sci-Fi.
Old 03-16-07, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by zebop
I never thought of that... Really my deal is I don't see how or why anyone would want George. He's not McDreamy or McSteamy, he's McPassive Aggressive. They should put this show on Sci-Fi.
Old 03-17-07, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Doughboy
And Lou Brown from Major League ain't looking too good these days.
I thought that was him. The voice is so distinguishing, but his look changed so much that I thought it could be another chain-smoking tough guy. It looked like his nose was a bit deformed. Poor guy.

Major League was on Comedy Central earlier.

"What do you mean, you don't know? This is your chance to manage in the big leagues."
"Let me get back to you, will ya Charlie? I got a guy on the other line asking about some white walls."
Old 03-18-07, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

a lot of build for a minute of footage at the end about the interns getting together. disappointing
Old 03-22-07, 12:02 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 258 Likes on 195 Posts
Grey's Anatomy - "My Favorite Mistake" - 3/22/07

"My Favorite Mistake"
Spoiler:
George meets his new father-in-law; Alex helps Jane Doe determine how the world will see her; the hospital board begins interviewing candidates for the chief position; Izzie wrestles with a startling revelation.
Old 03-22-07, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
So who sleeps with who tonight? Not many combinations left.
Old 03-22-07, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Red Dog
So who sleeps with who tonight? Not many combinations left.
I vote for George and Burke. Imagine the ratings!
Old 03-22-07, 01:00 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Doughboy
I vote for George and Burke. Imagine the ratings!
imagine the morning-after fist fight...
Old 03-22-07, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,802 Likes on 1,125 Posts
Originally Posted by Giles
imagine the morning-after fist fight...
He he he he...you said, "fist".
Old 03-22-07, 11:39 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Wow, that was terrible. It's hard to even call it filler, it dealt with the main arcs but nothing moved forward.
Old 03-23-07, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It was very much filler, but I like filler on this show. When did filler become such a crime, anyway?

I think this was the first time I have ever liked Mark. I can't say I'm surprised he's the leading contender for chief since I've felt that his assholishness would make him a good one. His look at Bailey was probably my favorite part of the episode.
Old 03-23-07, 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by MrX
Wow, that was terrible. It's hard to even call it filler, it dealt with the main arcs but nothing moved forward.
The spinoff isn't really helping matters. They can't do anything with Addison since she's leaving. And indirectly they can't do too much with her and Sloan or Alex either.

One thing that did bug me about this episode was that it takes place the next day yet Jane Doe/Eva's entire left side of her face magically healed overnight. What do they put in the water at Seattle Grace?
Old 03-23-07, 05:27 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

So I'm guessing the reality is fans don't really want to see Dr. Bailey's life. I say that because all we get is her bitching at students,being the "don't take no shit" Sistah, and being bossy as hell. I've been watching GA on and off for some time now but I don't know jackshit about her. Is she married? I realize she's the "steady rock" in all this "crazy sexy young white doctors in love" drama going on there but da-yum! Give us something.

Anyway, the ep was ok. That whole Izzy/George thing makes me sick pretty much the same way George/Callie makes the rest of you sick. I also agree that Mark kicked ass this ep. "Chief Sloan"... i kinda like that.
Old 03-23-07, 07:12 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
So I'm guessing the reality is fans don't really want to see Dr. Bailey's life. I say that because all we get is her bitching at students,being the "don't take no shit" Sistah, and being bossy as hell. I've been watching GA on and off for some time now but I don't know jackshit about her. Is she married? I realize she's the "steady rock" in all this "crazy sexy young white doctors in love" drama going on there but da-yum! Give us something.
Dr Bailey is married. There was an episode where her husband was having a surgery at the same time when she was having her baby.
Old 03-23-07, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I did like how they handled the Izzy/George aftermath. That seemed very realistic. George is trying to do the right thing by keeping this from Callie, but Izzy's emotions are going to make that difficult.

What I didn't get was last week, Addison was bitching about them rushing the pregnant chick into a procedure, endangering the baby; yet this week she is all, "hey we'll monitor the baby while we give you cosmetic surgery." Couldn't the new face wait until she has delivered the baby??? Seems odd to risk anything for a cosmetic procedure that can wait.

I don't understand all the Christina/Burke drama and I found their scenes hard to pay attention to. What exactly was their issue?
Old 03-23-07, 09:09 AM

I did like how they handled the Izzy/George aftermath. That seemed very realistic. George is trying to do the right thing by keeping this from Callie, but Izzy's emotions are going to make that difficult.
I'll agree with that. I hate the storyline, but they handled this about as well as they possibly could. I hope they didn't cast Hector Elizondo for just those two scenes. That seems like a waste.

What I didn't get was last week, Addison was bitching about them rushing the pregnant chick into a procedure, endangering the baby; yet this week she is all, "hey we'll monitor the baby while we give you cosmetic surgery." Couldn't the new face wait until she has delivered the baby??? Seems odd to risk anything for a cosmetic procedure that can wait.
It's similar to the complaint I had about her grill suddenly looking a lot better 24 hours later. They're rushing the storyline since there are only a handful of episodes left in the season, and a couple of those will be largely devoted to spinning off Addison into her own series.

I don't understand all the Christina/Burke drama and I found their scenes hard to pay attention to. What exactly was their issue?
Their issue is that Christina is annoying. I get the hate for Meredith, but she ain't half as aggravating as Christina. Plus she's nowhere near as hideous to look at.

On a side note, did anyone else notice that the show's downward spiral coincided with Marti "Satan" Noxon's name appearing in the opening credits?
Old 03-23-07, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Burke feels that Christina has a "Mentor/Teacher fetish" based on what he found out from that new guy/her old teacher/her old lover right? Isn't that the main deal?
Old 03-23-07, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by mookiemeister
Dr Bailey is married. There was an episode where her husband was having a surgery at the same time when she was having her baby.
Yeah I vaguely remember her being pregnant but that's just about it. I don't think I've seen her Hubby. Who plays him?

Last edited by Giantrobo; 03-23-07 at 01:03 PM.
Old 03-23-07, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

This episode was pretty good in my opinion. Although for some reason Meredith seemed out of character tonight. Addison and Calley are really starting to make the show for me, although I don't think with as large as the cast is, there given enough screen time (it will be nice once Addision has her own show).

The whole Izzie/George was was intense and realistic, and it was amazingly written/filmed, but my only gripe is that we've seen Izzie crying for almost a year now, and I think its time to give the character a damn break. I mean, can she has like two episodes in a row where she is smiling instead of crying before every episode.
Old 03-23-07, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Yeah I vaguely remember her being pregnant but that's just about it. I don't think I've eer seen her Hubby. Who plays him?
Technically he's been played by 2 actors. One was briefly seen picking her up from the hospital to celebrate their anniversary. Then when he got sick and needed surgery, a different actor(someone who used to be on 90210, I believe) was cast.
Old 03-23-07, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

They haven't showed her baby in a long time either. He's probably a toddler by now. She was initially shown as this dedicated, attached mother, but now she never even mentions him and seems to be at the hospital all the time.
Old 03-23-07, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts
Alex said that if she didn't pick a face soon, the way she looked then was the way she would look like all the time, so that would imply there is a window before the cosmetic surgery was impossible.
Old 04-19-07, 11:05 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Grey's Anatomy - "Time After Time" - 4/19/07

"Time After Time"
Spoiler:
Izzie faces her past and finds comfort in George, while Alex becomes more attached to Jane Doe, Meredith and Derek question their own status and Cristina resolves to fight for her relationship with Burke despite her past with Colin Marlow.
Old 04-19-07, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I rather enjoyed this episode. It's classic Grey's Anatomy, able to evoke emotions while delving into bonds of friendship (and more) and consequences of such bonds.

George is in so much deep doo-doo.

Last edited by Patman; 04-19-07 at 09:24 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.