DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Long breaks between SNL shows? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/415414-long-breaks-between-snl-shows.html)

ShelleyLevene 03-23-05 05:55 AM

Long breaks between SNL shows?

Anyone notice how they only show maybe 3 consecutive weeks of new shows and then they go on hiatus for two weeks.

Why do they have to wait until April 9 for a new show to appear again?

Is making one SNL show that difficult and time consuming?

A related topic but what about a year round schedule for SNL where they work during the summer as well?

A good or bad idea?

Think of all the hot news topics that never get parodied during the summer because SNL is not on.

All the big movies are in the summer and I bet a ton of hollywood stars would not mind hosting a SNL episode to promote their movie.

Michael Chiklis could do it to promote Fantastic Four :)

SMB-IL 03-23-05 07:22 AM

That always seems to happen aroound holidays and this break coincides with spring breaks -- week before AND after Easter

Charlie Goose 03-23-05 08:31 AM

Comedy gold doesn't just happen, they need time to breathe sidesplitting genius into it!

Morf 03-23-05 09:38 AM

SNL could use a permanent break.

redinger 03-23-05 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
Comedy gold doesn't just happen, they need time to breathe sidesplitting genius into it!

Agreed. I imagine it must take them weeks to write those Bear City skits.

Apocrypha 03-23-05 12:05 PM

They haven't had a legit musical guest in some time (maybe since the White Stripes) just a bunch of lip synchers and cover bands, lets hope Green Day rips the show a new one on the 9th.

LiquidSky 03-23-05 12:09 PM

I've been waiting for years. How long does it take?

Quatermass 03-23-05 03:46 PM

rotfl

Mopower 03-23-05 03:53 PM

It takes a while to make that much shit.

Troy Stiffler 03-23-05 08:21 PM

Some new "key" cast members. Horatio Sanz, Tina Fey, and 'that guy that looks like the guy from David Lynch's movies' are all funny. But, man, collectively they cast it terrible. This is just like it was back in the 80's - endlessly easily forgettable, unquotable, unfunny ... the show is just BAD right now. Where's those signature skits that are always funny ('da Bears, Roxbury, etc.)?

Also, they need to get some talented hosts back. It's just not right to be having UNFUNNY hosts - athletes, pop-musicians, etc. These people just aren't naturally funny (at least, on stage), and they don't have any comedic acting background. So why let them host?

Weekend Update is still consistantly funny.