TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

House - 03/15/05

Old 03-15-05, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 193 Likes on 158 Posts
House - 03/15/05

"Control", Episode #114.

Spoiler:
Billionaire entrepreneur Edward Vogler (Chi McBride) buys his way into becoming chairman of the board with plans to use the facility as a new biotech venture, which could mean the hospital no longer needs the services of Dr. House.

Cast: Hugh Laurie, Lisa Edelstein, Robert Sean Leonard, Jennifer Morrison, Omar Epps, Jesse Spencer, Chi McBride, Sarah Clarke, Vivian Bang, Dar Dixon, David Castellani, Sunny Mabrey, Andrew Borba, Joshua Miller, Ron Perkins, David Joyner, Sheila Cavalette.
Producer(s): Paul Attanasio, Katie Jacobs, David Shore, Bryan Singer.

Original Airdate: March 15, 2005.

Last edited by B.A.; 03-16-05 at 07:26 AM.
Old 03-15-05, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Boo!

His people skills continue to impress me.
Old 03-15-05, 09:40 PM
Premium Member

Received 676 Likes on 456 Posts
Originally Posted by B.A.
Boo!

His people skills continue to impress me.
That was pretty funny.

He makes some good faces at people, also.
Old 03-15-05, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Now that Principal Harper is here, I was hoping he brought Scott Guber. Now that's someone I'd like to see sparring with House.
Old 03-15-05, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GRR! I totally forgot this was a new ep...well I didn't know so how could I forget? But still, GRRR!
Old 03-16-05, 12:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i like the product placement.

ipod.

plus he upgraded do a gameboy ds
Old 03-16-05, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Another solid episode. Interesting direction they're taking with Vogler, albeit a bit predictable. At least they realize that they needed to add something to the basic format. Dr. Cameron's change was a bit strange and felt out of place though.
Old 03-16-05, 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Another solid episode. Interesting direction they're taking with Vogler, albeit a bit predictable. At least they realize that they needed to add something to the basic format. Dr. Cameron's change was a bit strange and felt out of place though.
but it sets up for a new dynamic in the house-cameron relationship. as well, they also setup up new stuff for house-chase.

also the ceo lady should have noticed that they're taking pictures of different legs.
Old 03-16-05, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Oh man, Cameron looked crushed when House pretty much rebuffed her advances.

I think this was the first time I've ever seen Chi McBride smile and showing off his teeth.

The dynamic between Vogler and House could be entertaining, but then again, House with anyone is pretty entertaining.

If House knew he gave a heart to Nina Myers, would he have re-considered?
Old 03-16-05, 07:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Patman
Oh man, Cameron looked crushed when House pretty much rebuffed her advances.

I think this was the first time I've ever seen Chi McBride smile and showing off his teeth.
Cameron is just so insecure - she has to know House likes her. He took her into the pit at the monster-truck show! You don't just take anyone (particularly someone you don't care for) to a monster-truck show!

You are right - he never shows his teeth. That was kind of weird.
Old 03-16-05, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

For the longest time, I thought Cameron's first name was Cameron, and when the other 2 docs started using "Allison", I had to IMDB her character name, and she's Allison Cameron on the show. Doh!
Old 03-16-05, 08:23 AM

Received 174 Likes on 124 Posts
Originally Posted by her34
but it sets up for a new dynamic in the house-cameron relationship. as well, they also setup up new stuff for house-chase.

Was it directly implied that Chase gave up the goods on House? And if he didn't directly give the ipecac to Vogler, how would Vogler know what it was used for? Or is the use of syrup of ipecac by bulimics common knowledge?
Old 03-16-05, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I don't know if Chase is the one who ratted House out to Vogler, but we did see him find the Ipecac and not a nurse as Vogler said, so it makes sense.
Old 03-16-05, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Ive watched the past 2 weeks of this show.. and am just starting to get into it
havent added it to my replay lineup yet.. but Ill definitly continue to watch when Im available
Old 03-16-05, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
I'm sure Chase ratted him out. If Cameron threw herself at me like that, I'd hit it like Rick James.
Old 03-16-05, 03:13 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 245 Likes on 185 Posts
Originally Posted by Pharoh
Or is the use of syrup of ipecac by bulimics common knowledge?
Yes

House trying to scare the dad had me
Old 03-16-05, 04:30 PM

So the reason that Allison was reading the books was to get House to like her more? And did I get it right that House and the head doctor lady had a relationship together?
Old 03-16-05, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

It was alluded to by Vogel that House and Cuddy had a prior romantic relationship (she didn't really deny it when confronted by it).
Old 03-17-05, 02:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by B.A.
Cameron is just so insecure - she has to know House likes her. He took her into the pit at the monster-truck show! You don't just take anyone (particularly someone you don't care for) to a monster-truck show!

You are right - he never shows his teeth. That was kind of weird.

Good to see them add a bit of a continuing story. They broke a lot of the usual patterns in this one. They didn't almost kill the patient with a misdiagnosis, and she didn't have an exotic disease or multiple exotic diseases. Glad to see Chi McBride, but I agree that they should get Guber too!
Old 03-17-05, 07:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Another solid show and, as was mentioned earlier, they finally broke the pattern of nearly killing the patient a few times by screwing up.

I've also enjoyed the (sometimes subtle) character development of House every week. Go back and watch the first episode if possible, and you can really see how he's progressed over the season.

Last edited by MovieExchange; 03-17-05 at 07:36 AM.
Old 03-17-05, 07:22 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

This is one of the only scripted shows I'm watching now. Great show.
Old 03-17-05, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by iggystar
This is one of the only scripted shows I'm watching now. Great show.
You are a DEVIL viewer! Out of this thread and back into your reality TV world!

Another great episode. Glad there are 8 more to go!
Old 03-17-05, 10:39 AM

This show is quickly becoming one of my favorites.
The injection into the dads throat was great.
POSSIBLE SPOILERS:
House / Chase, this will be interesting, I feel that House will eventually tell Chase that he is not mad, it was his duty to bring the Ipicac (sp?) to light.
Does anyone else besides myself feel as though House will be needed to save the life of either Vogler or one of his family members? This is how that will be resolved, of course I am guessing.
Cutty and Cleavage, this is getting great. I hope that this is never resolved.
I am not sure if what I wrote could be considered a spoiler since it is my opinion. I do not know how to Black it out yet. Sorry if anyone is upset with this.
Awesome show.
Old 03-17-05, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by metman86
Does anyone else besides myself feel as though House will be needed to save the life of either Vogler or one of his family members? This is how that will be resolved, of course I am guessing.
I thought that exact same thing after this episode, and during the trailer for next week's where Vogler says something like (I'm paraphrasing) "Give me one good reason to keep him, or he's out of here."

But, I seriously hope they don't end up having it play out that way (House having to save either Vogler or someone close to him) because that's just WAY too predictable, hence the reason we both thought of it. They'll come up with something more original than that.
Old 03-17-05, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

If this happens, it's probably a long ways off. If Chi McBride is going to be around permanently (I hope so), then it just gives them someone for House to butt heads with.
Cutty and Cleavage, this is getting great. I hope that this is never resolved.
STRONG AGREEMENT Kind of odd that she keeps wearing low cut tops after they have had House raz her about it.

ps: nothing in your post is a spoiler since it's all speculation. To use spoilers you (spoiler)do something like this, but with brackets instead of parentheses(/spoiler)

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.