Originally Posted by Patman
Jack and Mr. Bean

I never noticed that before.
Old 03-15-05, 01:27 AM
AJW
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by leepyswetr
Nina even made an appearance tonight, albeit during an ad. She's guest-starring on "House" tomorrow night.
Thanks for the heads up. Missed the promo while Tivo'ing past the commercials.

As for this episode, Charlie Goose already wrote my review above.
Old 03-15-05, 02:48 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
to the sporting goods guys

Michelle's return / Loss of the curls

Knife in the neck!

Tony knowing what to do better than Michelle

"Some people are just more comfortable in hell." -Tony Almeida
With the exception of the first item [fixed, by the way], you pretty much summed up feelings about this ep.

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
Crisp? You mean like the two heroic brothers who just happened to own a gun shop and just happened to be of Arab descent, and just happened to be willing to go up against a commando team. Just in case Sutherland's announcement of a few weeks ago was unclear. Shit, when the firefight was over and the brothers celebrated there was even a American flag right behind them. I'm surprised they both didn't do the fucking Superman pose.
And Paul gets shot by one of the baddies. Of course, none of these highly trained agents thought to make sure the villain was really dead, or perhaps kick the gun out of reach.
A-funkin'-men! We get it already. All arab-americans aren't terrorists.

But them red-headed enlisted men are. Bastards.
Old 03-15-05, 04:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 323 Likes on 241 Posts
Anyone else feel like last night's episode should have been called
"Assault On Precinct 24"?! Just had that vibe to it.

Well looks like the bad guys are going to take out the President

My guess is that:
Spoiler:
They'll succeed, maybe taking out the VP as well, and leading to a scenario where David Palmer is asked to serve in some capacity again for the rest of the season...Unconstitutional? Sure...but this is 24, dammit!
Old 03-15-05, 05:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
"Failure is not an option."

An entertaining episode to say the least.

I was when Audrey was telling her dad about discovering the other side of Jack when he was torturing Paul. Classic stuff.
Old 03-15-05, 05:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LorenzoL
"Failure is not an option."

An entertaining episode to say the least.

I was when Audrey was telling her dad about discovering the other side of Jack when he was torturing Paul. Classic stuff.
The best part was when Heller replied. Yea thats his job. But he sugar coated it really meaning. What the hell do you think they do Audrey? Ask terrorist to fess up by saying pretty please with a cherry on top?
Old 03-15-05, 06:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Less than a half hour after an EMP and the streets look like Escape from NY?

Mr. Bean
Old 03-15-05, 06:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

An okay episode. Didn't like the brothers either. Didn't like the the cutie getting canned by Michelle.
Old 03-15-05, 07:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by BlackCapTen
After Kiefer appeared from behind the clothes rack and knifed that guy in the neck, I really wanted him to turn to the camera and say "gravitas".

Not "nigg*r"?

(for those that may not know the joke, in an interview with Kiefer, those were his favorite and least favorite words, sequentially. Howard Stern always plays the sound bites.)

Last edited by Snowmaker; 03-15-05 at 07:12 AM.
Old 03-15-05, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by edstein
Sin City Trailer
I agree, although it seemed they had to omit the clip of Jessica Alba doing her scintillating, gyrating, cowgirl dance routine because it might cause adolescent boys who are watching with their families to go into convulsions.

On topic, it was a fun episode, but my eyes were rolling when Audrey asked "If Jack and Paul lose the firefight, what happens to them?"
Old 03-15-05, 07:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 142 Likes on 97 Posts
I agree that the brothers were over the top but really, is there anything in this show that isn't over the top?

Gotta love Jack sticking the commando in the back of the neck. That's gonna leave a mark.

Question though, maybe this is because I watched the movie recently but during the firefight, the music reminded me of Heat (the score played during the bank robbery sequence). Did anyone else have that flashback or was it just me?

The conversation between Audrey and Heller was pretty interesting. Guess Heller didn't feel the need to fess up about having his own son tortured earlier in the day.
Old 03-15-05, 07:40 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 575 Likes on 334 Posts
The fact that this show is over the top is what makes it so much fun. Arab Americans save the day! See? They can be heroes, and "real" Americans can be bad people! It's a complex world.
Old 03-15-05, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 909 Likes on 644 Posts
Crisp? You mean like the two heroic brothers who just happened to own a gun shop and just happened to be of Arab descent, and just happened to be willing to go up against a commando team. Just in case Sutherland's announcement of a few weeks ago was unclear. Shit, when the firefight was over and the brothers celebrated there was even a American flag right behind them. I'm surprised they both didn't do the fucking Superman pose..
I don't care, if that is what it takes to keep the bad guys Arab decent/Muslim extremists, fine by me. I don't want them to cop out on us again with some white american being the ulitimate baddie.
Old 03-15-05, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

At the end of the episode when Tony enterred Michelle's office, what was she talking about on the phone? It sounded like it might be something important.

And she looks way better without the curls, major hotness.
Old 03-15-05, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

enjoyed the ep as well. I totally don't see how a room full of CTU agents did not see that someone was about to shoot at them but a corporate suit saw it.

not an hour ago Curtis was having a verbal sparring match with Tony and about 45 min later he's going to bat for him.

Jack seems to have a preprogrammed set of responses for any situation you throw at him and Tony seems to know that program. i wonder who would win if Tony and Jack were to be in some sort of competition (like say paintball!).
Old 03-15-05, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Crisp? You mean like the two heroic brothers who just happened to own a gun shop and just happened to be of Arab descent, and just happened to be willing to go up against a commando team.
HELLO!?!?!?! It was clearly marked as a Sporting Goods store as Paul and Jack approached it. THAT is why they all had rifles and nothing fancy like handguns for when the commandos got into the store. All they had were hunting rifles/shotguns. If you're going to be hyper-critical of a show at least recognize when it is covering all the bases fairly well.

Speaking of which, I'm suprised no one has mentioned the MAJOR flub in the episode... in the opening of the show, the main security baddy says to the other gaurds searching for Paul and Jack, "Call me when you find them." That's like the hugest "DUH!" since all the phones are fried by the EMP they just dropped.

The Michelle/Tony exchanges were very well written. The actress playing Michelle was doing a great job last night. It is interesting to see how she refuses to bend the rules while in charge at CTU (see her enforcing Tony's level 3 clearance) where as Tony broke them last season to save her life.

The president is such a loser compared to Palmer. I mean just because Bush stayed up in the air the entire day of 9/11, doesn't mean every president has to be a total chickenshit.

Last edited by rfduncan; 03-15-05 at 08:24 AM.
Old 03-15-05, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Oh yeah, speaking of the gurads who were beating up Paul in the beginning of the ep! Did anyone else recognize them from the previous season? I could be totally mistaken but I thought they looked familiar...like the prisoners from the jailhouse riot when Jack was stuck in there with Ramone.
Old 03-15-05, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Originally Posted by rfduncan
The president is such a loser compared to Palmer. I mean just because Bush stayed up in the air the entire day of 9/11, doesn't mean every president has to be a total chickenshit.
Yeah! The president should risk his life to be a BADASS!!! Its good for the country!

BTW...I think the plot will be to destroy AF1 while refueling.

But why wouldnt Heller become President instead of Palmer?
Old 03-15-05, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

ummm, wouldn't the Vice Pres be next in line? He's not on AF1 is he? Heller is the secretary of defense.

It has been a nice change of pace making the SOD the political center instead of the President anyway.
Old 03-15-05, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
HELLO!?!?!?! It was clearly marked as a Sporting Goods store as Paul and Jack approached it. THAT is why they all had rifles and nothing fancy like handguns for when the commandos got into the store. All they had were hunting rifles/shotguns. If you're going to be hyper-critical of a show at least recognize when it is covering all the bases fairly well.
Okay, so one agent, one suit, and two sporting goods store owners manage to hold off and kill most of a commando squad with hunting rifles. I've never been one to nitpick a show to pieces, but this is just a little too much to swallow.

Back to more important matters, Michele certainly did look hawt.
Old 03-15-05, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Tommy Ceez
Yeah! The president should risk his life to be a BADASS!!! Its good for the country!
Maybe the talking Bobcat bunny puppet advised him to stay up there.
Old 03-15-05, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Bandoman
The fact that this show is over the top is what makes it so much fun. Arab Americans save the day! See? They can be heroes, and "real" Americans can be bad people! It's a complex world.
I've never laughed so much at an episode of 24. This may be the best season they've done between this episode and Jack holding up the convenience store

How'd Jack know that the EMP blew everything out in an 8 mile radius? It must've had a sticker on it or something. I don't like Michelle as the ice queen. Bring back the curls!
Old 03-15-05, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It is interesting to see how she refuses to bend the rules while in charge at CTU (see her enforcing Tony's level 3 clearance)
Almost forgot that. The look on Tony's face when she said she'd get him level 3 clearance. "But Mom! All the cool kids have level 6!"
Old 03-15-05, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Roto
I don't like Michelle as the ice queen. Bring back the curls!

Okay, so one agent, one suit, and two sporting goods store owners manage to hold off and kill most of a commando squad with hunting rifles. I've never been one to nitpick a show to pieces, but this is just a little too much to swallow.
So a couple of guys that own a sporting goods store that sells a lot of hunting equipment, chances are they actually hunt and are pretty good with a gun. Why is that hard to swallow? And there was a distinct advantage with the flashlights and places to hide.

My only issue with it is: Are there a whole lot of places to hunt in LA?
Old 03-15-05, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
My only issue with it is: Are there a whole lot of places to hunt in LA?
Are there a whole lot of "Top Three" defense contractors in downtown LA with their own primo equipped militia that can chopper in at a moment's notice to pick off not only civilians but federal agents?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.