Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Amazing Race 7 - 03/08/05

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Who will get eliminated this week?
Debbie and Bianca (Lifelong friends)
1.96%
Susan and Patrick (Mother and Son)
5.88%
Rob and Amber ("Celebrities")
0%
Brian and Greg (Brothers)
0%
Lynn and Alex (Boyfriends)
3.92%
Meredith and Gretchen (Retired couple)
41.18%
Ray and Deana (Dating on and off)
3.92%
Uchenna and Joyce (Married)
7.84%
Megan and Heidi (Roomates)
21.57%
Ron and Kelly (Dating)
13.73%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Amazing Race 7 - 03/08/05

Old 03-11-05, 03:55 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Tommy Ceez
WOW!

Someone does not have the Amazing Race spirit!
A detour is a choice between two tasks, each with its own pros and cons. In this detour posters will have to choose between gaming and naming.

In gaming, posters will participate in an internet discussion of the actual race. They'll weigh the pros and cons of each team's performance, and engage in spirited discussion of each team's chances.

In naming, posters will spend 5 pages trying to figure out whether "Team L Word" or "Team The L Word" is a better nickname for Debbie and Bianca. Posters that choose naming will increase their post count, but they may suffer horrible disappointment when someone makes a post that does not use their agreed-upon nickname.
Old 03-11-05, 04:19 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 106 Likes on 95 Posts
from ew.com

It's time for everyone to concede that Rob is just a great player. (As for Amber, it's time to concede that she sure looks cute as a button standing next to a great player.) Actually, their having won Survivor should be an advantage for everyone else who saw their strategies televised, not them: It was like being given game films of another team before the Super Bowl. But did anyone learn the right lessons? No.

Perhaps Rob has some kind of supernatural mind-erasure powers. The same thing happened in All Stars: No one remembered that he had broken all of his promises on Marquesas. He was one of the least trustworthy players to step onto the All-Stars island, and yet everyone trusted him, including Kathy, who had been on that previous season with him. How far does Rob's power to cloud people's mind extend? As an experiment, I would like to see Rob stand in a room holding a pencil; after dropping the pencil, he would ask someone to pick it up. When the person did so, he would kick them in the ass. Then he would apologize, take the pencil back, and drop it again, asking the person — still rubbing their own smarting ass — to pick it up again. I'm guessing that this would go on for about six hours straight, only stopping when Rob's pencil-holding fingers cramped up.

And now, the Race competitors stared in disbelief when he bribed a security guard not to tell anyone about an earlier bus and then lied about it. The indignation on Debbie's face when she said, ''It makes me nauseous,'' was laughable. Remember how self-righteous everyone on the All-Stars jury was over Rob's lying? And how many of them went home with a million dollars? Exactly. So stop complaining and start playing the game.
Old 03-11-05, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JasonF
Oh, for God's sake. Enough with this nickname talk. Call the teams whatever you want. If it's a good nickname, people will know who you mean. If it's a bad nickname, people will laugh at you. We don't need a 43 page thread from the DVDTalk Committee to Give Officially Sanctioned Nicknames to the Amazing Racers.
AMEN!

It's like people who try to regiment your fun by planning every possible minute. Just let it happen!
Old 03-11-05, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Maybe Uchenna and Joyce could be Team WorldRon.
Old 03-11-05, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 602 Likes on 486 Posts
Originally Posted by movieking
AMEN!

It's like people who try to regiment your fun by planning every possible minute. Just let it happen!

Welcome to the Team.
Old 03-11-05, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by BadlyDrawnBoy
from ew.com

(As for Amber, it's time to concede that she sure looks cute as a button standing next to a great player.)
I dunno,she sure did a heck of a job shining them shoes
Old 03-11-05, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 193 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Dog
Welcome to the Team.
So there are Teams now? WTF?

Old 03-12-05, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Okay my contributions...

and my 2 cents...

Although I don't want to see Romber win, I really enjoyed the way Rob played the game this episode. Can't wait until the first Yield comes up this season.
Old 03-12-05, 04:44 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by B.A.
So there are Teams now? WTF?
You can be on our team as long as you promise not to participate in a 14-page thread to decide what we should call our team.
Old 03-12-05, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 193 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by JasonF
You can be on our team as long as you promise not to participate in a 14-page thread to decide what we should call our team.
Old 03-13-05, 01:26 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by BadlyDrawnBoy
from ew.com

Perhaps Rob has some kind of supernatural mind-erasure powers. The same thing happened in All Stars: No one remembered that he had broken all of his promises on Marquesas. He was one of the least trustworthy players to step onto the All-Stars island, and yet everyone trusted him, including Kathy, who had been on that previous season with him. How far does Rob's power to cloud people's mind extend? As an experiment, I would like to see Rob stand in a room holding a pencil; after dropping the pencil, he would ask someone to pick it up. When the person did so, he would kick them in the ass. Then he would apologize, take the pencil back, and drop it again, asking the person — still rubbing their own smarting ass — to pick it up again. I'm guessing that this would go on for about six hours straight, only stopping when Rob's pencil-holding fingers cramped up.

I can just see him doing that too...