Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The 'Real World/Road Rules Challenge 10: Inferno II' Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-05, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Daniel-A

You know he's gone, but I can't help routing for him.
I root for Dan everytime he's on. That guy's so damn funny. The "madonna" thing was classic.
Old 03-11-05, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Amel
I root for Dan everytime he's on. That guy's so damn funny. The "madonna" thing was classic.
It's too bad they couldn't invite some of his other cast members from the Miami season on this challenge. Miami was easily one of the best seasons out of the entire bunch.
Old 03-11-05, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,802 Likes on 1,125 Posts
Finally saw it last night. MTV really knows how to bring the tension and drama with this voting off shit don't they. I would prefer making players stay so they can endure the wrath of team mates who're freaked out about losing $$$$.

Since everyone else is talking about who they wanna bang here's Robo's hottie list:
Tina
Veronica
Robin
Shavonda
Old 03-14-05, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Just a Reminder

There's a new episode on tonight at 10pm. And if you missed last week's episode, it'll be replayed at 9:30pm prior to the new episode.
Old 03-15-05, 12:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

So did anyone watch this tonight, or was I the only one?

Spoiler:
It's sad to see Jon go, but he was a weak player anyway.

Sad to see the Good Guys lose another mission; however, it was funny to watch the inferno mission's blatent homsexual?

And Julie. Stop your crying. It's a fucking game. Damn.

But next week's episode: Tonya being revealed as a whore!??! You don't say!
Old 03-15-05, 12:33 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Glad to see Jon go and i hope Julie goes soon too. All that preaching annoyed the bejesus outta me. I wanted to slap her.
Old 03-15-05, 12:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
good episode. Sad to see Jongo but as others said, he's a weak player. Good person to have around but that's not what wins challenges.

Dan was hilarious. He told Dave to go ride a bike

Gotta feel bad for Jody. First she knocks over the jar, then she doesn't get enough fruit for juice

Also, the Miz was the only one smart enough to start breaking his fruit before he got to the jar
Old 03-15-05, 12:39 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I don't understand Julie. It seems that everytime she is on a MTV show her persona is completely different. She really needs to pick one and stick with it.

It was a pretty good episode and I was glad to see Jon go since he really screwed up the challenge today... not so much as Jodie, but it had to be a male in the Inferno. What makes me laugh is how everyone is proud of him for stepping up and nominating himself. WTF? Like he wouldn't have been the one picked.
Old 03-15-05, 12:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by fnordboy
I don't understand Julie. It seems that everytime she is on a MTV show her persona is completely different. She really needs to pick one and stick with it.

It was a pretty good episode and I was glad to see Jon go since he really screwed up the challenge today... not so much as Jodie, but it had to be a male in the Inferno. What makes me laugh is how everyone is proud of him for stepping up and nominating himself. WTF? Like he wouldn't have been the one picked.
I think that Julie has grown closer to God since the last Inferno so that's why her attitude has changed.

In regards to Jon, I don' necessarily think that you send your weakest player there expecting that they'll lose. In today's event, any of the other males on the Good Guys would've beaten Dan. This event was horrible for Jon cuz he's kinda fat and doesn't have a lot of muscle so it's harder for him to support himself up there.

It's sorta like last year when CT took David's place in the Inferno against Shane cuz he knew that Dave couldn't drink milk. CT had a chance of losing in the Inferno but he still went in cuz he knew that he would do better than Dave.
Old 03-15-05, 12:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I caught this tonight. It was just fun to see some of the people from the older shows. I was in college when the Real World started and I think I watched it all the to Chicago. I was so in love with that annoying chubby Beth from LA...I can say that now that I'm married and have a daughter. She's been on a few of these challenges over the years and she was always weak and complaining and no one liked her. Pretty much the way it was on her Real World. Has she changed at all for this? How long has it even been since LA? Jon got pretty fat, but that's how Jesus wants it.

It did seem like this show was a bit more like The Simple Life, where you could almost tell that, unlike the way it was years ago when they just let the people be jerks on their own, it seemed like the producers told the people what to do to make the show more entertaining. The throwing of the clothes next week into the pool didn't seem spotaneous. I know, it's not meant to be great tv, but these people can create enough drama without being told what to do.

I will try and remember to keep up and see who else I recognize. I was surprised too that Julie (from New Orleans, right?) had what seemed like her 4th different personality for each time she's been on an MTV program that I've seen over the years.
Old 03-15-05, 06:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Julie said she's married to her life partner. Is Julie gay?
Old 03-15-05, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Veronica in those shorts.... ..... man she is so hot....
Old 03-15-05, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
It's too bad they couldn't invite some of his other cast members from the Miami season on this challenge. Miami was easily one of the best seasons out of the entire bunch.
Agreed!
Old 03-15-05, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by iggystar
Agreed!
Can you imagine Flora at one of these things? Holy crap.
Old 03-15-05, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I would want Melissa there..... she is a hottie too.
Old 03-16-05, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Gil Jawetz
Can you imagine Flora at one of these things? Holy crap.
Y'know the one that she was on she was kind of low key. She didn't get much screen time if I remember correctly and didn't have any major fights.
Old 03-16-05, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by boredsilly
Y'know the one that she was on she was kind of low key. She didn't get much screen time if I remember correctly and didn't have any major fights.
Exactly. I when I found out she was going to be on that challenge I was thinking, "It's about to be on now." She was quite forgettable. Even Cynthia hasn't had much of an impact. Still my favorite cast though.
Old 03-16-05, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by boredsilly
That's a shame. My favorite moment from some Real World DVD that I reviewed here was when Dan (who co-hosted it with Coral) popped up in the corner of the screen during the recap of Flora's histrionic, turbulent (and totally self-inflicted) love triangle and just said "she's fabulous!"
Old 03-16-05, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
Julie said she's married to her life partner. Is Julie gay?

Patman, that struck me as odd, as well. I'm married (and not gay) and i would never use the term "life partner" to describe my wife...

either she's gay or it's a horrible choice of words.
Old 03-18-05, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts
She is an active Mormon and lives in Wisconsin, IIRC, so she is definitely not gay.
Old 03-22-05, 12:34 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Fun episode tonight. Tonya going psycho was great
Old 03-22-05, 12:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Fun episode tonight. Tonya going psycho was great
I'm surprised that they didn't throw Tonya off the show. She ruined most of Beth's stuff and all of it was designer. I'm assuming at least $5,000 in damages, probably more.
Old 03-22-05, 03:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Dabaomb
I'm surprised that they didn't throw Tonya off the show. She ruined most of Beth's stuff and all of it was designer. I'm assuming at least $5,000 in damages, probably more.
When my friend and I were watching the show earlier, we questioned the same thing. If I was Beth personally, I would've murdered Tonya. Then again, if I was living under the same roof as Tonya, I'd murder her just because.

[Tonya is easily one of the most annoying people currently on the show. Her, Julie, and Tina. HOWEVER, if given the chance, I'd bang Tina; but not the other two.]
Old 03-22-05, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
[Tonya is easily one of the most annoying people currently on the show.
She was annoying during her RR season in Chicago. Miss prim-proper, Theo the black man scares me - now a psycho, ho, throwing Beth's clothes everywhere because she didn't want to talk.

Hey, I missed part of it. What did Beth tell Robin?
Old 03-22-05, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by iggystar
She was annoying during her RR season in Chicago. Miss prim-proper, Theo the black man scares me - now a psycho, ho, throwing Beth's clothes everywhere because she didn't want to talk.

Hey, I missed part of it. What did Beth tell Robin?
Beth told Robin that Tonya was going around telling people that she was hooking up or dating Mark, who Robin was still dating after the last RR/RW challenge.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.