Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Any Major Injuries From "Fear Factor"???

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 03-07-05, 08:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was watching "Fear Factor" tonight and began to wonder...has anyone ever drowned, tore off an arm, contracted a deadly disease, or had to be institutionalized because of stunt.

It seems with all the dead rats, deep pools, snake bites, and raw sewage...someone musta got "f'd up" at some point.

Anyone got any info or links.

Thanks.
Old 03-07-05, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
I did a quick search and didn't find anything related to contestants, but there were some concerns over the electricity stunt that power companies were afraid people would copycat... also, some douche is suing for 2.5million cuz he watched them put rats in a blender and he threw up and his heart raced. He was just a viewer of the show... What an asshole.
Old 03-07-05, 09:03 PM

I've seen a lot of the shows,I've seen a few little cuts & scrapes & one girl who had a bad allergic reaction to being cut by a dead fishes teeth & she had to quit. Other than that I haven't seen anything but a few people freaking out lol
Old 03-08-05, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Don't they use safety gear/ have scuba men on standby for all their stunts? I'm not a big fan of the show, but for even the scary stunts, I know I wouldn't be afraid, because there is no way I'd get hurt. The same goes for all the foods. They may be gross, but I know its safe, otherwise it wouldn't be on TV.
Old 03-08-05, 06:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I remember reading about one guy who fainted during a stunt, but that it about all.
Old 03-08-05, 07:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by movieking
I remember reading about one guy who fainted during a stunt, but that it about all.

joe rogan is on o&a a lot and they have asked him that question. he has said that by the time the contestants actually do the stunts, everything has been tested hundreds of times and is completely safe
Old 03-08-05, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What about the guy that was so traumatized from watching one of the stunts he sued?
Old 03-08-05, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
What about the guy that was so traumatized from watching one of the stunts he sued?
What about reading the second post of this thread?

I'm still surprised the show is able to get away with eating live insects without PETA coming down on them.
Old 03-08-05, 10:56 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I also read somewhere they make them all throw up after a food stunt, even if they don't have to, just to be on the safe side.
Old 03-08-05, 11:21 AM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The show last night was pretty sick, eating of dead cow jaws
Old 03-08-05, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
I think that guy fainted on the Brooke Burns show "Dog eat Dog."
There have been times, where I cringed at the stunts on Fear Factor i.e. bloody needle sticks. But, right now I am bored of the show since they are showing this everywhere on syndication. I also dislike team barbie and ken winning the million dollar couples challenge
Old 03-08-05, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 909 Likes on 644 Posts
Originally Posted by chowderhead
I think that guy fainted on the Brooke Burns show "Dog eat Dog."
There have been times, where I cringed at the stunts on Fear Factor i.e. bloody needle sticks. But, right now I am bored of the show since they are showing this everywhere on syndication. I also dislike team barbie and ken winning the million dollar couples challenge
He was in a stunt where the contestants were held underwater to see who could last longer. When they brought them up he was like a spaghetti noodle. Limp as could be. He suffered brain damage.
Old 03-08-05, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i remember hearing that someone who didn't know he was allergic to cockroaches had a reaction after drinking a cockroach shake. They had to take him to the hosp, but i dont remember where i heard it. it is probably bs.