Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

American Idol 03/07/05 - Boys Edition

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Who will get the least amount of votes?
Anwar Robinson
1.28%
Scott Savol
30.77%
Mario Vasquez
2.56%
Travis Tucker
57.69%
Nikko Smith
16.67%
Bo Bice
2.56%
Constantine Maroulis
32.05%
Anthony Federov
11.54%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

American Idol 03/07/05 - Boys Edition

Old 03-07-05, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anwar is very good tonight!!

Well, now that they are all done, I say Scott and Travis are gone. Although it should be Constantine and Travis.
DVD Talk God

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
damn thunderstorm warning... buzzing and stuff, they blocked out the singing there.. so no clue how anwar did
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,721 Likes on 1,878 Posts
Anwar... he's doing Stevie Wonder doing Louis Armstrong.

I liked him before the competition, but now he's starting to sound like, well, a music teacher. He just ain't doing it for me.
Old 03-07-05, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
I was just flipping through the channels - damn what a bright show in HighDef!

By they way, saying Constantine is a mediocre singer would be too kind.
Old 03-07-05, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Since baseball in getting into the swing of things...

Home run:
Anwar - crushes one out of the park!

Triple:
Anthony - legged out a triple the ol' fashion way, by earning it.

Double:
Bo - Almost stretched it out to triple, but never transcended the song, and it felt flat to me. He's got growl, but not as much in upper registers.
Nikko - Had he started as well as he finished, he'd be at 3rd base.
Mario - To me, he was a little too slow in tempo, and got lost in his one long note. Is it my imagination, but doesn't Mario look like the love child of Monk and Paula Abdul?

Single:
Scott - he got out of breath rounding around first, but had to settle for a single.

Flyout:
Travis - Beat-Box Idol, this is not. Hey, Travis, the "Fame" try-out is down the hall and to the right.
Constantine - it's like watching an out-of-work actor singing on karaoke night. Blechhh! It's like he couldn't find a long note if he were to copy down "War and Peace" on a roll of toilet paper.
Old 03-07-05, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk God

for a slower song.. i wish bo had gone with follow me..
but as i mentioned earlier.. based on the past 3 weeks.. I think bo and mario should be safe..
everyone else is expendable.

constantine and travis should be gone.. but its hard to say if *either* of them will lose a popularity contest
Old 03-07-05, 08:00 PM

Constantine And Bobby Brown gotta go
Old 03-07-05, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Adrian
It is not really that order, actually, I thought Mario, Anthony and Anwar tied for 1st with Bo very very closely following them.
I agree with you although I would drop the very's on Bo.
Old 03-07-05, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk God

i think with how bad anthony has stunk it up in the past.. he cant be listed nearly that high
anwar may have put himself in the same class as bo and mario... IF I HAD HEARD IT!
Old 03-07-05, 08:21 PM

What an interesting show. First off, Travis is gone, we all know that. Besides that, we need to dump randy and paula. Simon was 100% right in all the comments and 70% were against what the other 2 were saying.

Constantine was just horrible, I don't know what is worse, the eye fucks for the camera or the little rocker mannerisms along with the his unique (horrible) little rocker squeals. But we all know he is safe, and will be safe for a while because when it's the top 12, girls will be getting the boot in droves.

The patent split screen and also a solo interview with Mario means fox is still pimping him like crazy, but good for Simon to call him out. The expected Mario/Carrie (justin/kelly) is losing steam each week.

So now it all comes down to Scott vs Nikko. I guess we will put this prior screen time to test. If nobody knew the sob story with Scott and his dad, he'd be gone for sure. But i'm picking the upset here, I believe Nikko will be history. If Constantine goes, then all is right with the world, but it's not going to happen.
Old 03-07-05, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anthony was pretty bad. I agree with Simon.

Travis, Constantine, or Anthony should be voted off. Doesn't matter to me which of the three. Sadly, Constantine will probably survive but if it means seeing Anthony go, then so be it.

Oh, and I think Scott is pretty good but as someone else pointed out - the gangsta thing is a turnoff. He shouldn't talk anymore.

Last edited by CRM114; 03-07-05 at 08:54 PM.
Old 03-07-05, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by CRM114
Anthony was pretty bad. I agree with Simon.

Travis, Constantine, or Anthony should be voted off. Doesn't matter to me which of the three. Sadly, Constantine will probably survive but if it means seeing Anthony go, then so be it.

Oh, and I think Scott is pretty good but as someone else pointed out - the gangsta thing is a turnoff. He shouldn't talk anymore.
Anthony is safe. You can take that to the bank. If America didn't boot him the past two weeks, they certainly won't after tonight's performance.

I am beginning to think it is possible that Constantine may go tonight. Even some of the true fans at idolonfox.com thought he sucked. I know they'll still vote for him but the charm may be wearing thin. (And of course the Travis fans see the writing on the wall and have resorted to begging.)

I still think Scott and Travis will go but America is not doing as badly this year so the stars may align and Constantine may be sent packing. Say your prayers, who knows?
Old 03-07-05, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
I hated Travis and Constantine performances.

I personally don't like Anthony (don't know what it is but he bugs me) but I thought he performed very well tonight.

It will be interesting to see who they are voting out this week.
Old 03-07-05, 09:43 PM

Received 174 Likes on 124 Posts
Maybe I'm the only one, but I thought Mario did fairly poorly tonight. Bo and possibly Anwar are the only two whom I would ever listen to. I also felt that even tonight Bo was the top of the heap.
Old 03-07-05, 10:22 PM

Bo, Anwar, and Nikko were the ones I enjoyed the most tonight. A part of me wants Constantine to stay for comedic purposes. Personally, the rest would be disposable spots in the top 12.

I never though I’d say this but I am actually looking forward for the theme nights.
Old 03-07-05, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

My husband cracked me up. He compared Constantine's singing to Trey Parker/Matt Stone's singing on South Park [growl]Alabama Man!....[/growl].

Travis isn't a good singer, but I gotta love him for bringing back the 80's every week. My husband pointed out he must have an older brother that got him into songs from that decade.

I think Bo Bice is the love child of Meatloaf and Matt Dillon in Singles.
Old 03-07-05, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I loved Bo Bice tonight, had to be one of the top 10 songs ever performed on AI.
Old 03-07-05, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Travis is definitely out. He was not even close to being in tune.
I think the Shitkicking Inbred Hillbilly Gangsta is gone too. It was fun having him in, just because of his odd and heavy-lidded appearance, but the bloom is off that rose and he's just not good enough to continue. Simon had it right regarding that terrible choreography too. Right at the beginning of the song, he looked totally stupid waving both his hands back and forth.

If not those two, then Nikko might be in line for dismissal. One long & loud note does not fool an audience, and I'm sure people saw right through his Ray Charles selection.

Anthony and Mario are likely safe, but there's something vaguely obnoxious about them.
Old 03-07-05, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Scott's performance, if you want to call it that, was horrible tonight. Pathetic.

Travis didn't do well either, and he'll probably go for sure. Good Riddance.

I honestly don't understand why so many don't like Anthony. He's got the makings of a very good Pop Star. I can see his voice and style of music selling lots of records. He's no Clay Aiken, but he's close IMO.

Anwar was brilliant tonight, as well as Mario and Bo.

Nikko was just okay, he hasn't clicked with me YET.....but i think he definitely has the promise to do so later in the competition.

Constantine is losing his charm with me. He's just not that great of a singer...but he'd be very entertaining for the 1st couple of weeks in the Top 12 IF he can make it that far.
Old 03-07-05, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by jpdude
Scott's performance, if you want to call it that, was horrible tonight. Pathetic.

Travis didn't do well either, and he'll probably go for sure. Good Riddance.

I honestly don't understand why so many don't like Anthony. He's got the makings of a very good Pop Star. I can see his voice and style of music selling lots of records. He's no Clay Aiken, but he's close IMO.

Anwar was brilliant tonight, as well as Mario and Bo.

Nikko was just okay, he hasn't clicked with me YET.....but i think he definitely has the promise to do so later in the competition.

Constantine is losing his charm with me. He's just not that great of a singer...but he'd be very entertaining for the 1st couple of weeks in the Top 12 IF he can make it that far.
Like others have mentioned, I thought many of the singers were out of tune tonight. Either that or I couldn't understand what they were singing. The two judges are on crack. Most egregious was Constantine, Niko and Travis. I couldn't make out what Constantine was singing.
Anyway, I thought Anthony did very well (though he ain't getting the pimping Mario is) as did Anwar and Bo knows singing. Mario was ok.
I think Travis and perhaps Scott or Nikko will be going home.
Old 03-07-05, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 112 Likes on 100 Posts
I missed it.

What songs did they sing?
Old 03-08-05, 01:46 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Patman
Mario - To me, he was a little too slow in tempo, and got lost in his one long note. Is it my imagination, but doesn't Mario look like the love child of Monk and Paula Abdul?
That's it!!!!!!! Monk! I know he reminded me of somebody, though not Fez as people have mentioned. Anyway, NOT a fan -- overrated.

I've been waiting so long for Travis to go home, and this has got to be the week. Absolutely can't stand him. He was off-key again almost the entire song. He can go sing and dance at the theme park.

Simon's assessment was funny, but I enjoyed seeing Anthony do that Latin-flavored song. Finally, showed fun and personality.

Wasn't crazy about Bo's choice of song, but it was solid. Anwar was really good again. Constantine chose such a bad song! I don't like that song to begin with, and it was just too wimpy for him. My least favorite of his performances, unlike the judges. But yeah, I still voted for him, because I don't "jump ship" on my favorites, and I'm interested in seeing him tackle other types of songs. Of course, I voted lots for Bo, too.

I think Travis and Scott are out this week.
Old 03-08-05, 02:05 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Mondo Kane
I missed it.

What songs did they sing?
Scott Savol - "I Can't Help Myself"
Bo Bice - "I'll Be"
Anthony Federov - "I've Got You"
Nikko Smith - "Georgia on My Mind"
Travis Tucker - "Every Little Step"
Mario Vazquez - "How Can You Mend A Broken Heart"
Constantine Maroulis - "Every Little Thing She Does is Magic"
Anwar Robinson - "What a Wonderful World"
Old 03-08-05, 04:22 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Anybody else irritated by Constantine's greasy hair look??

Everytime he sings all I can't think about is "why doesn't he wash his god damn hair!!??

He needs to give Jon BonJovi a call. His hair always looked good

I thaught Mario & Anwar were the best last nite

Bo Brice came in a close 3rd and I like his soulful/rock type voice it's different

Mario's already got his groupie fan base in place that should take him to the top 3 unless he screws up somewhere along the way

I think Anwar will appeal to the older ladies watching plus he's got that Rob Pilatus look from Milli Vanilli...except he's still alive and can actually sing

Girl you know it's true....ooh ooh ooh...I love U

Last edited by shanester; 03-08-05 at 04:25 AM.
Old 03-08-05, 07:55 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Bo was clearly playing it safe tonight. He knows he's not going home, he's already "wowed" the audience, so he broke out an old standard from his wedding singer days. No need to prematurely blow his wad.

It's a shame they did this boy/girl split. I'd rather they booted Travis plus three girls.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.