DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   The Simpsons [On a Clear Day I Can't See My Sister] - 3/6/05 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/412940-simpsons-%5B-clear-day-i-cant-see-my-sister%5D-3-6-05-a.html)

Chad 03-07-05 12:34 AM

The Simpsons [On a Clear Day I Can't See My Sister] - 3/6/05

It's this late and there's no Simpsons thread?

Best couch gag ever. :up:

I loved Homer as a "Sprawl-Mart" greeter. "Hey Rabbi, Jesus loves ya, heh heh...just kidding".

Rogue588 03-07-05 12:59 AM

Perhaps people didn't realize it was new? Or they just assumed that it was the same show FOX has repeated what? three or four times since it first aired at the beginning of the season?

Regardless, that couch gag was GENIUS. The digs at Wal*Mart were funny too.

All in all, a pretty good two and a half hour's worth of comedy on FOX.

MrX 03-07-05 01:38 AM

Pretty good episode

The restraining order video was hilarious

"Joe, last name Spaghetti-o":lol:

BlackCapTen 03-07-05 02:27 AM

I think they did that couch gag before, but I'm not 100% sure ... The animation made it look like Homer said "Wow" at the end of the couch gag, but he actually said "cool".

The couch gag also gives another perspective on where the simpsons are from.

Edit:

Yes, they did do that couch gag last season:
FABF08 - The Ziff Who Came to Dinner

Couldn't find out if Homer said "cool" at the end of it though.

Chew 03-07-05 06:01 AM

Yeah, repeated couch gags usually get a :down:, but this is one of the better ones.

Amazing how much yard space they have. :lol:

movieking 03-07-05 06:02 AM

I agree that it was a good episode. I wasn't sure if it would be a rerun or not, since my local affiliate aired a rerun, even though they usually air the same show as Fox does, new or rerun. Glad I caught it on Fox.

NORML54601 03-07-05 08:20 AM

One of my favorite episodes this season.

CaptainMarvel 03-07-05 09:00 AM

I had deja vu watching this episode, since I'd just watched the South Park "Wall-Mart" episode earlier in the day. In that episode, they enter Wall-Mart, see one of the boys' grandpa greeting the family, and comment on it. Then Jimmy struggles to get them a cart.

Then I watched this, where they enter Sprawl-Mart, see Grandpa Simpson greeting the family, and comment on it. Then Abe struggles to get them a cart.

Pointyskull 03-07-05 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Chad
"Hey Rabbi, Jesus loves ya, heh heh...just kidding".

that was one of the funniest lines I've ever heard...
man, that cracked me up.

Chew 03-07-05 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by CaptainMarvel
I had deja vu watching this episode, since I'd just watched the South Park "Wall-Mart" episode earlier in the day. In that episode, they enter Wall-Mart, see one of the boys' grandpa greeting the family, and comment on it. Then Jimmy struggles to get them a cart.

Then I watched this, where they enter Sprawl-Mart, see Grandpa Simpson greeting the family, and comment on it. Then Abe struggles to get them a cart.

"South Park did it!"

Groucho 03-07-05 09:22 AM

This was another "terrible plot, hilarious jokes" episode. The Sprawl*Mart sub-plot ("Not a parody of Wal*Mart") was funnier than the main plotline, even if "South Park did it."

I loved the customers when there was no greeter. Not to far from reality, I'm afraid.

slop101 03-07-05 10:00 AM

This season's been really hit or miss, but I felt that this was an all-around excellent episode and easily ranks up there with the best of the show from seasons 3-8. If they can keep putting out great episodes like this one, I can put up with the occasional lame episode.

Jray 03-07-05 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by BlackCapTen

The couch gag also gives another perspective on where the simpsons are from.

I noticed that too! I replayed that part on my DVR to get a better look. It looks to me like they are in the Great Lakes region, most likely Michigan... what do you guys think? But they could be just throwing another curveball at us.

I don't remember this couch gag from before. Was it exactly the same with just a different "ending"?

Good episode. I LOLed a bunch.

Samuel 03-07-05 12:39 PM

I liked the nod to Miller's Crossing, "Look into your heart"

Supermallet 03-07-05 02:24 PM

I LOVED the Fitzcarraldo joke. "That movie is flawed!" :lol:

Ted The Bug 03-07-05 10:44 PM

It was the exact same couch gag used before

Third Baseman 03-07-05 11:02 PM

Bah, I gotta watch this one.

story 03-07-05 11:23 PM

Two words:

Gary. Busey.

Geofferson 03-08-05 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by dogmatica
Two words:

Gary. Busey.

:lol: that was a great bit.

paulringodaman 03-09-05 12:18 AM

I cannot remember that couch gag.....please tell me!