Reload this Page >

Surreal Life - Sean "X-Pac" visit

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 03-06-05, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So the episode where X-Pac visit's the cast of the Surreal Life finally airs. I finally can agreed that Chyna Doll is so far removed from reality that she would actually consider leaving the S.L. She is not anywhere near good looking enough that she should appreciate anybody that is willing to love her or worse---make out with her.

Still I would have loved to have seen:

X-pac vs. Jane Wiedlin

X-Pac & Chyna Doll vs. Jane Wiedlin & Christopher Knight

X-Pac vs. Christopher Knight & Da Brat

X-Pac vs. Verne Troyer

Oh well, the episode didn't live up to the hype. I was a little pissed that Wiedlin kept shutting VH1 cameramen out of the laundry room when they were trying to console Chyna Doll. They knew they signed on for all access and they shut us out when a castmate was the most vunerable.
Old 03-06-05, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

What a train wreck that was.
Old 03-06-05, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Did y'all see Chyna's appearance on the Howard Stern show on E! last week? A train wreck, indeed...
Old 03-07-05, 07:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Can someone give a brief synopsis? I have never seen an episode, but I heard about this episode from a few people looking forward to it.
Old 03-07-05, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I hate to say it but after the Stern apperence and last night I don't see anyway that she makes it through the year alive. She's so far gone I don't see how she can pull it back together.
Old 03-07-05, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Timber
I hate to say it but after the Stern apperence and last night I don't see anyway that she makes it through the year alive. She's so far gone I don't see how she can pull it back together.
Wow, what happened on Stern?

It is obvious from Surreal Life that this girl is a mess.
Old 03-07-05, 08:43 AM

I was hoping La Brat would clobber him with those champagne bottles.
Old 03-07-05, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Groucho
I was hoping La Brat would clobber him with those champagne bottles.
She was really, really cool in this episode. Usually I think she is just a bitch - always sitting off to the side making snide comments and rolling her eyes. However, this appears to be part of her "persona". When Christopher Knight whispered to her to go swipe all of Chyna Doll's meds so she couldn't try to O.D. or something, Da Brat went IMMEDIATELY without any nasty comment. She really DID seem to care and be genuinely worried about Joanie. I thought the episode was really neat in the sense that you see how much these people have bonded in such a short time.

...Well except for Verne and Marcus. Verne sort of disappeared during Joanie's manic ravings, and Marcus might as well just be replaced by a life-sized cardboard cut-out of himself for all the house social interaction he participates in.

Did ANYONE watch the footage during the credits? Verne was trying to get his scooter up a ramp and over a bump while Da Brat and Jane were watching outside (this was WHILE they were pissed/irrate about X-Pac). He got stuck and sort of did some hip scoots to push himself over the bump. It was just HILARIOUS - Da Brat and Jane were like "Oh my God, I can't believe that! I'm still mad, but damn that was funny!" It really just was the funniest thing. It was truly "surreal".
Old 03-07-05, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by rfduncan

Did ANYONE watch the footage during the credits? Verne was trying to get his scooter up a ramp and over a bump while Da Brat and Jane were watching outside (this was WHILE they were pissed/irrate about X-Pac). He got stuck and sort of did some hip scoots to push himself over the bump. It was just HILARIOUS - Da Brat and Jane were like "Oh my God, I can't believe that! I'm still mad, but damn that was funny!" It really just was the funniest thing. It was truly "surreal".

that was the only part of the show that I saw. man, that was good stuff. you know that Verne is watching these for the first time and must be so embarassed.
Old 03-07-05, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Oh man I gotta see this ep! I saw a promo for it last week but that's it. I had no idea it was this bad. You all know of my affection for Chyna so it pains me to see her downward sprial with the booze, crazy men, and drugs over the last few years.
Old 03-07-05, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Timber

Theyve been saying that about Courtney Love for years now.
You never know.