Battlestar Galactica 3-4-05 "Tigh me up, Tigh me down"

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 03-04-05, 02:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quite a fun episode tonight!
Spoiler:
Roslin's fear that Adama is a Cylon is stoked when he makes secret calls and a lone Cylon raider buzzes the Galactica. Not to mention a very special guest for Col. Tigh, break out the ambrosia!
Old 03-04-05, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Can't wait.
Old 03-04-05, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Will we get a topless Katiebuck or Boomer tonight?
Old 03-04-05, 04:13 PM

Have you seen that MSN maxim promo vid that grace park did. Lets just say thong and very little tops. Can't remeber where I saw the link though. They had one for six as well about her new magazine shoot.

Found the link it was on the scifi bb
http://video.msn.com/l.htm?i=&m=Ente...p=Source_Maxim

Last edited by regent; 03-04-05 at 04:49 PM.
Old 03-04-05, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
Will we get a topless Katiebuck or Boomer tonight?
A topless Katiebuck and Boomer would not be too shabby either.
Old 03-04-05, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Okay, I normally hate American Pie type humor, but that bit with Baltar was priceless!!!

Last edited by Dr. DVD; 03-04-05 at 10:58 PM.
Old 03-04-05, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Dang it. Why can't I have the same kind of torment Baltar does?
Old 03-04-05, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The Tigh/Ellen/Adama triangle was a bit too much.

"What's up, doc?"
I'm confused about the cylon's comment about Helo being in "anguish". Why was he in anguish - Boomer's back red mark thingy bothered him?
Old 03-04-05, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I really thought it was brilliant how the revelation of everyone's suspicions towards one another about being Cylon was done in a very humorous manner. I was expecting the normal, dramatic "how could you think such a thing" deal. Baltar whirling around in his chair at the end was great too.
Old 03-04-05, 11:51 PM
Suspended

Another good episode. It was great to see Tigh doing something besides just being the gruff ole XO.

But, I'm still hoping they'll start giving us some more action though.
Old 03-05-05, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

On Baltar making the results of everyone's Cylon Test come out negative/green, won't Adama et al. start wondering if the Cylon Test actually works if it doesn't find at least one Cylon?
Old 03-05-05, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I guess the first "red" of the cylon test will happen to the wrong person and they have an whole episode dedicated to that drama.
Old 03-05-05, 01:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Does Baltar's test work at all? I remember it turning red for Boomer last week (though he told her it was green).

And this Ellen storyline, way too much, not good for the show in my opinion.

And the Helo / Boomer storyline is looking up. Looks like Boomer is being deceiptful to her fellow Cylons, she might be "turning" human or something. I guess having sex with Helo has turned her to the human side of things, he must be packing some meat.

Oh, and Ellen: Cylon or not? I personally think she is, but the ending was purposefully vague.

Last edited by Heat; 03-05-05 at 01:28 AM.
Old 03-05-05, 01:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I am wondering why Baltar hasn't alerted anybody yet to Boomer being a Cylon. I am assuming it is due to the influence of the other Cylon.
Old 03-05-05, 02:59 AM

First Deleted scenes for each episode & now Commentaries

Sci-Fi Launch PODCAST
Source: Sci-Fi .com

With the Battlestar Galactica Podcast, you can listen to exclusive commentary by executive producer Ronald D. Moore about each episode, while you're watching it. There are two ways to enjoy this feature: Subscribe to Sci-fi Podcast feed, or download individual audio files. (Beware of spoilers! Although the commentary is provided before you watch the episode, it is meant to be listened to while watching the episode. Listening to it beforehand might ruin certain dramatic surprises.)

New commentary will be posted each Friday.

You can also manually download the MP3 files from SCIFI.COM. Each episode's commentary is divided into five files, one for each segment of the show: the Teaser (the part before the opening credits); and Acts One, Two, Three and Four. Begin playing segment one when the words "The Cylons Were Created By Man" appear on your TV screen. Start each new segment after each commercial break ends

Check it out Here
Old 03-05-05, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Heat
Does Baltar's test work at all? I remember it turning red for Boomer last week (though he told her it was green).
It works, but it looks like Gaius changed the on-screen indicator to always come out GREEN, otherwise someone in the room would've noticed a RED indication on the screen. But Gaius can probably read the data directly and know to himself if someone is a Cylon.

And this Ellen storyline, way too much, not good for the show in my opinion.
Yeah, she was damn annoying - I was hoping the Cylon detector would return a positive and they would blast her out the airlock.
Old 03-05-05, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The Ellen storyline won't be that bad as long as they don't overplay it. Personally, I was glad to see a change of pace and a lighter episode. Everyone seems to think the show is too serious and dark sometimes, so they made a good move by giving us something different and humorous.
Old 03-05-05, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Wow, I thought this was by far the worst episode yet. Sorry but Ellen brings nothing to the table and unless some seriously unexpected story arc is in the works I just don't see the purpose of bringing her on board. On the other hand, the promo for next week's show looks promising.
Old 03-05-05, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I assume Ellen is a cylon since number 6 made a comment to Baltar along the lines of "well if you say everyone is green, don't you think adama might get suspicious".
And based on the history they implied, I bet Colonel Tigh himself will eventually figure her out and be done with her.

She is awfully annoying though, so I hope she doesn't last long....or at least fades into the background.
Old 03-05-05, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm thinking Number Six will tell Baltar when it's time to have a positive result on the Cylon detection test before anyone gets suspicious of his results. Then again, with 49,000 tests to run, it could be awhile before anyone should get suspicious.
Old 03-05-05, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Missed this one because of work. From all that most have said, I'm looking forward to Monday. I'm glad to see most of the members of the ensemble getting their "own" episodes to shine in. Especially considering how strong an ensemble cast it's turned out to be.
Old 03-05-05, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by mugwump
Wow, I thought this was by far the worst episode yet. Sorry but Ellen brings nothing to the table and unless some seriously unexpected story arc is in the works I just don't see the purpose of bringing her on board.
Unlike the general opinion here, I thought it was a weak episode, due mainly to the annoyance factor of Ellen. But it did have some highlights, like Starbuck catching Baltar doing his "exercises" and the stuff with the rogue Cylon fighter ship.
Old 03-06-05, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by mugwump
Wow, I thought this was by far the worst episode yet. Sorry but Ellen brings nothing to the table and unless some seriously unexpected story arc is in the works I just don't see the purpose of bringing her on board. On the other hand, the promo for next week's show looks promising.
Just some added diversity, she brings the corupt ideals of the former society they all used to be apart of.
Old 03-07-05, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

this commentary thing is pretty cool ...I know some people make "fan made" commentarys which really have no merit as who wants to listen to a fan ramble on (critics I could handle..maybe) ..but producers or directors (even actors) on shows on tv now is pretty neat..I wonder if he's going to go back and do some for the previous episodes ..be cool if they record new ones for the dvds when they come out, and maybe include these as well..
Old 03-07-05, 07:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Didn't like this one as much as last week, Ellen is very annoying. But, the "wounded" Cylon was pretty cool, as was Baltar. I certainly hope more danger affects the fleet in the coming weeks. They got away a little too easily.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.