DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   When will Craig Ferguson be fired? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/412426-when-will-craig-ferguson-fired.html)

ShelleyLevene 03-03-05 02:41 PM

When will Craig Ferguson be fired?

It is not a question of if but when.

Nobody appears on his show.

I say he gets canned before August.

CBS the geezer network is out of touch with the young demographic like they always have been.

LorenzoL 03-03-05 02:52 PM

Okay, whatever you say...

Rogue588 03-03-05 02:59 PM

From what i've seen of Craig, I think he's pretty good.

Nothing i'd stop watching Conan for, but good nonetheless.

Deftones 03-03-05 03:46 PM

I haven't seen the show, but he can't be any worse than Kilborn was, and he lasted a while.

Count Dooku 03-03-05 03:52 PM

I'm straight, and I won't watch Craig Fergayson because his show is gay. ;)

Michael Corvin 03-03-05 03:56 PM

He is bad. But at least he doesn't try to be more than he is, [cough]Kilborn[/cough].

nny 03-03-05 03:57 PM

I wouldn't count on them getting rid of him soon. I don't like him, but every talk show host sucks for the first year.

William Fuld 03-03-05 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by ShelleyLevene
I say he gets canned before August.

I think that's about right. That'll give CBS a chance to put together a real show they can promote with their fall lineup.

Ferguson was set up as a lame duck from the start.

ENDContra 03-03-05 06:28 PM

What are you talking about...hes WAY better than Kilborn and even better than Leno. And hes had some pretty big name guests considering hes in the second late night hour.

DJLinus 03-03-05 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Rogue588
From what i've seen of Craig, I think he's pretty good.

Nothing i'd stop watching Conan for, but good nonetheless.

I agree. The time slot's too late for me, so I don't watch much of either of them, though.

I really like Craig's theme song.

Trigger 03-03-05 07:39 PM

never heard of him.

Gizmo 03-03-05 07:53 PM

Uh-oh. Im surprised this thread isn't "only gays watch craig kilborn". Man, Shelly, you sure make some GREAT threads.

Jackskeleton 03-03-05 08:09 PM

Not gay, so I don't watch him. But I mean, that time slot leaves it that all you have to do is be better than an infermercial and world wide pants wants to keep a late late show in production, so it will stay on the air with Craig.

Trigger 03-03-05 08:14 PM

No, seriously - who is he? And why do you have to be gay to watch him? Is it a show where they just have dudes making out with each other? Is it instructional videos on how to have gay sex? I can't imagine what kind of network programming would require a sexual preference check.

Slow Hands 03-03-05 08:20 PM

I wonder if he'll get replaced by Michael Ian Black.

sureAV421 03-03-05 08:35 PM

i hope so. i'd watch it then.

Michael Corvin 03-03-05 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Trigger
No, seriously - who is he?

He was Drew Carey's boss on, ahem, the Drew Carey show.

Count Dooku 03-04-05 01:29 AM

http://www.wchstv.com/abc/drew/craigferguson.jpg craig ferguson

leepyswetr 03-04-05 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by ENDContra
even better than Leno.

I'm better than Leno.

Ferguson is considerably better than Conan was at this point in his career. He's also a better interviewer now.

As he was reportedly given a 5 year contract, he is unlikely to be fired in August.

Michael Corvin 03-04-05 09:31 AM

I've never been a big fan of Conan, the first 2-3 years were painful. He is just above that now at tolerable. I can't believe he inherited the Tonight Show.

Slow Hands 03-04-05 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
I've never been a big fan of Conan, the first 2-3 years were painful. He is just above that now at tolerable. I can't believe he inherited the Tonight Show.

Conan is great but soo self loathing at times. I often wonder what kind of childhood he had. But Conan is far superior than Leno and Letterman currently are. Giving Leno the Tonight Show over Letterman was one of the biggest mistakes they ever made. At least Conan has some originality.

Deftones 03-04-05 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin

:lol:

He's better than Leno, Letterman, and everyone else in late night shows combined.

Deftones 03-04-05 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Slow Hands
Conan is great but soo self loathing at times. I often wonder what kind of childhood he had. But Conan is far superior than Leno and Letterman currently are. Giving Leno the Tonight Show over Letterman was one of the biggest mistakes they ever made. At least Conan has some originality.

Not a bad one. His dad is a doctor and his mom is a lawyer, from what I've read. He had alot of siblings, but it's not like he grew up in the slums or something.

DRG 03-04-05 03:42 PM

I've watched a few episodes with him as host, and I must say... something about him really puts me off. There's just something creepy about him. Like he was about to murder someone in his dressing room, and before he was able to do it someone called for him to go do the show. So he's trying to put on a 'fun' face, but the whole time all he can think about its getting back to his dressing room and murdering that person. I know this sounds bizarre, but it's the only way I can describe it. :)

Double Down 03-04-05 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by ShelleyLevene
CBS the geezer network is out of touch with the young demographic like they always have been.

I think with the CSI franchise and Without A Trace CBS is well beyond their "geezer network" image by now. I think those days are long gone.