Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Investors Pledge $3 Million to Save Enterprise

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-05, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 136 Likes on 107 Posts
Originally Posted by Chew
I get the impression you're torn over which you would rather have.

PS. Another reason they're no fun: Wizdar hasn't shown up much since it got better.
I miss Wizdar too, obviously he'd rather be playing poker than watch an improved Enterprise!
Old 03-02-05, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: A secret rebel stronghold in the Republic of San Marcos
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
...particularly Enterprise, with its superb theme song...
Old 03-02-05, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MvRojo
There should be. But this was a list compiled by some company tracking BitTorrent.

http://www.netimperative.com/2005/02/17/TV_pirates

Granted it's a worldwide list and most of the downloaders are in the UK, but it shows that of the people downloading shows, it's up there.
That list doesn't even factor in to what networks are going to be showing. Those downloads do not bring in advertisment dollars and do not mean that more viewers will be watching the show. It just proves who isn't watching their network and optioning out to just download it and watching it elsewhere. Unless the network is connected to the studio that made the show they have no benefit in showing it anyways.
Old 03-02-05, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by das Monkey
That statement reads like it was written by a child, and the comment about the theme song made me immediately check The Onion.

While I will continue to mock this effort, and I believe the gesture is woefully misplaced in more ways than one, I give kudos to people willing to go to such lengths for a show they love.

das
I completely agree. Where were they when we needed help for Farscape?
Old 03-07-05, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The Boston Herald reported that cable network Spike TV may be mulling whether to pick up UPN's canceled Star Trek: Enterprise. "It would definitely be something we would look at, and we know how devoted the show's fans are," Spike TV spokeswoman Debra Fazio told the newspaper.

UPN has said the current fourth season will be Enterprise's last, with the series finale set to air in May. Production on the final episode was expected to wrap this month. A UPN spokesperson told the Herald that the network's decision to cancel Enterprise is final, and no other network has come forward with an offer to pick the show up.

But fans have been vocal about lobbying for someone to pick the show up for a fifth season, and have even raised funds to pay for it themselves, claiming more than $3 million in pledges toward an estimated $36 million goal.

Spike TV already holds the rights to reruns of Star Trek: The Next Generation and Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.
Link

Yeah, that'll happen.
Old 03-07-05, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Damn, that would be sweet. If Spike could even pull the numbers that UPN did, that would be great for them. I'm sure the production costs would have to be cut significant.
Old 03-07-05, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Another interesting comment:

Identifying herself as a fan of the original series, Blalock said that doing scripts that make so many references to the original series has been a "a treat, a joy to do" this season. "It was an unexpected surprise to have the scripts that we did...it was fun to come to work again." However, asked about the series finale, written by longtime executive producers Rick Berman & Brannon Braga, Blalock said, "I don't know where to begin with that one...the final episode is...appalling."
I've read quite a few things about the finale and not a single one has been positive. I posted a while back that a B&B script as the last new Trek I'd see would be just about the last thing I wanted to be left with. I'm beginning to think my fear was correct.

"It's a Valentine to the fans"--Berman
Old 03-07-05, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 136 Likes on 107 Posts
...the final episode is...appalling."
After the series best season it somehow seems fitting that the final ep will be a bad one. I can see it now... The entire episode can be filmed in a cave, Archer can pontificate about his dreams of a "federation" and some kind of "directive", N'Pol can get emotional, Hoshi can hear voices, Travis can just sit there looking dumbfounded and Porthos can defile a sacred monument just before the closing credits.
Old 03-14-05, 06:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

SFX's longtime source Trekspy is out of a job at Paramount after leaking news to the magazine for many years. He said that he was unable to sneak away with any souvenirs from Enterprise, since "they've actually brought in cameras to watch everything...nothing's too small." All set pieces and props are being stored, he said, adding, "There's a rumor that things might go up to Vancouver." He believed that if the right deal was offered, another season might film in Canada.
Link

For a series that is supposed to be done, it sure doesn't act that way.
Old 03-14-05, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[humor]maybe it's some HUGE PR stunt to get everyone all up in arms about it being cancelled, get people to watch it, then the "huge" outpouring of support for the show not to be cancelled, then say they've changed their minds and it's not cancelled anymore[/end humor]

they could be hoping to air it on another channel, but that seems really unlikely as of this point..

Is it just be cheaper to save the set and ship it to Canada than build a new one?

They figure they'll store it for a couple years and then do whatever with it whenever they figure out what they're going to do..

I'm out of ideas..
Old 03-14-05, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
Originally Posted by Chew
Link

For a series that is supposed to be done, it sure doesn't act that way.
Haven't you seen any of the Special Edition Trek DVDs? Paramount apparantly stores virtually EVERYTHING from the Trek series...just because they aren't having a big bon fire doesn't mean they'll ever use that stuff again. Probably saving it for potential films or another series down the road.
Old 03-14-05, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
Haven't you seen any of the Special Edition Trek DVDs? Paramount apparantly stores virtually EVERYTHING from the Trek series...just because they aren't having a big bon fire doesn't mean they'll ever use that stuff again. Probably saving it for potential films or another series down the road.
Sure, they save all kinds of props and costumes. But, full-blown sets? Like the Enterprise bridge?