DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Nashville Star Season 3 Premiere 3/1/05 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/412102-nashville-star-season-3-premiere-3-1-05-a.html)

Patman 03-01-05 05:10 PM

Nashville Star Season 3 Premiere 3/1/05

I know that probably 3 people here watch Nashville Star, but in case you did, the 2005 season premiere airs tonight on USA at 10 p.m. EST.

I tend to like Nashville Star because of the songwriting component to the competition, and the no age ceiling limit has brought to the fore quite a few contestants that otherwise would not have had the exposure on a country talent show.

I wonder if we'll get a great female singer this time around as the competition has been dominated by men so far in the past 2 seasons.

Also, Leann Rimes is the new host of the show. And there are new judges: Bret Michaels (yes, of Poison fame), Phil Vassar, and Anastasia Brown.

Keith123 03-01-05 05:25 PM

I loved the first season, but I totally missed the second season for whatever reason. Thanks for the heads-up! I'll be watching tonight for sure!

Mad Dawg 03-01-05 07:55 PM

I'm a little concerned that they've already chosen the 10 finalists. I'd prefer to seeing more of the field ala Idol. But I'll be watching again this year.

Keith123 03-01-05 08:58 PM

Looks like your right Patman- Only you, me and Mad Dawg have reported in so far! -smile-

AJW 03-01-05 09:01 PM

Well ....

I've got Tivo recording it. Don't know if I'll be committing to this season without Nancy O'Dell as the host :)

Mad Dawg 03-01-05 09:53 PM

Can I just get this out of the way? I'm a tad disappointed that Jenny (?) made it offstage before performing a technicolor yawn. It would probably have made me a definite viewer, while now I'm really wondering if I give a crap about the show. This is not shaping up to be a good season.

Keith123 03-01-05 10:32 PM

What will be funny though, is if someone other than Jenny is voted off! I think Leann Rimes is Hot-as-Hell and I'm in for another week at least. Here are my grades-

Casey- A ...Excellent first impression

Jody- F ...I can't take this guy seriously

Tamika- C+ ...ehhh.

Josh- B ...Not bad, fun to watch his Guitar licks.

Christy- F ...Way too hyper, please go away

Jason- C ...ehhh.

Erika- C ...ehhh.

Jenny- F ...wow, sorry, but you still might make it with America doing the voting.

Jayron- A ...At this point- I say you might win it all.

Justin- C ...ehhh.

Contestants names and pics

jpdude 03-01-05 11:53 PM

damn i missed it......i've never really kept up with this show, but i would do so if i could ever remember to get in on it from the get-go!

...and i really like Brad Cotter, i ended up buying his cd.

bigjim25 03-02-05 12:38 AM

Bret Michaels rocks!!! :up:

Ttiberius 03-02-05 12:52 AM

Maybe its just me,but I didn't think the "Talent" was anywhere near up to par with the top 10 last year.I guess it could be because its the first show but no-one really impressed me.The judges seemed pretty useless too,more like a cheerleading sqaud.
I'll give it a couple more weeks at least.

In canada there was a show on before it called "The Road to Nashville Star" that showed a bunch of audtions etc,not sure if the US got something similar or not.
Its being repeated Thurs night & Sunday anyway on CMT in Canada if anyone that wanted to see it missed it.

AJW 03-02-05 03:49 AM

Originally Posted by jpdude
damn i missed it......i've never really kept up with this show, but i would do so if i could ever remember to get in on it from the get-go!

...and i really like Brad Cotter, i ended up buying his cd.

USA airs a repeat over the weekend. Late Saturday Night/Early Sunday Morning.

Patman 03-02-05 06:18 AM

Leann Rimes has dropped a lot of baby fat in the past 4-5 years, she is thin!

The Good:

Casey - Good way to start. Cute and can sing.

Tamika - Has a big voice, we'll see if she can also rein it in.

Jason - Enjoy his "N" (wife) more than his singing, but at least he sounded country.

Jayron - It looked like he was going to cry all through the song, not my kind of country vocalist.

The okay:

Jenny - Food poisoning, stage-fright, whatever, I think she'll make it one more week.

Erika - Too young, and appeared to have connection with the song she sang.

The Not-so-good:

Christy - Couldn't stand her singing or personality.

Jody - Couldn't really make sense of his vocal, not too enticing

Josh - Has no voice, may make it as a guitar player, but on life support.

Justin - short on vocals, I predict a short stay on the show.

lwhy? 04-01-05 08:46 AM

I thought I might resurrect this thread from the dead since I watched my tape. This week was the original song week. I did not really care for any of the songs this week. They were probably nowhere near the quality of the last two seasons. I did think that Erika Jo had the best performance this week. I was glad to see that Tamika was voted off. She had a major diva factor and she thought that the younger girls didn't deserve to be on the show because they hadn't paid their dues. Erika Jo is my favorite to win. I do not think Jody and Jayron are country singers. I miss Brad Cotter and Matt Lindahl from last season. Brad lost his record deal due to poor sales. I really loved his record. Matt Lindahl is doing Purity milk commercials now. From the first season Miranda Lambert just had her first album come out and it was number 1 on the country sales chart.

bigjim25 04-27-05 11:28 AM

Erika Jo is the winner for those who care. 2nd Jason, 3rd Jody, 4th Jayron

GuessWho 04-27-05 11:30 AM

I'll admit it... I only watched the two episodes where Bret performed. If he was a ratings gimmik, it worked for me.

Goldberg74 04-27-05 05:17 PM

I liked Jason Meadows bestest. Erika Jo's vibrato bothered the crap out of me.

:up: To Cowboy Troy and Big & Rich for opening the show.

Patman 04-27-05 07:44 PM

Erika Jo is Nashville Star's version of Carmen from AI 2003.